New Creature suggestion& idea - The Casmar

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 5 July 2013 at 6:25 PM

So first the idea-
So I was thinking something different, like would it be possibly to have an Egg & depending solely on chance it could evolve into one thing or another? get my drift? Like you start out with the egg, and let's say, at 200 feeds it evolves & there's a 50/50 chance it could evolve into a yellow squirrel thing or a red squirrel thing? I thought it would be a fun twist/mystery so it's a surprise what your creature hatches into. & also it'll encourage trading, depending on what stage people prefer. ( it'll make sense when you look at my creature suggestion )

CASMAR- ( when the egg hatches it could evolve into either stage ) sorry for the messy coloring, I'm no artist xD the red squirrel's tail are peacock feathers btw ) If this suggestion is considered i'd like it to be for something special like the Eggcave birthday or a CSP creature ^^
Pic-

http://i.imgur.com/3kiVkbo.jpg

With travels- ( sorry for the unorganized travel placing )

http://i.imgur.com/LZaijyD.jpg

Casmar egg: This egg has a question mark on it? What could it possibly be?

About casmar: Casmar eggs are all laid in the northern plains of ark, but as they hatch each different sub-species of the casmar move to different sides of ark and segregate. Yellow casmars move to the beach because their fur will camouflage with the sand, they also love to pick up rocks and shells. Red casmars move to ark forest where they can pick fruit. Although they have different life styles, both Casmars are known for their kindness and friendliness to the other creatures of ark.

#creaturesuggestion
#creaturesuggestions
#Casmar

Pings: ( Please check it out/ help ping people, i'd really appreciate it )
@Newlife
@Brightpool
@Skylark
@cstarswirl
@Cutiepie101

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 5 July 2013 at 6:26 PM

@faybaybay
OH MY GOODNESS
So cute /cuddles it/
APPROVAL

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 5 July 2013 at 7:52 PM

@newlife thank you! 😊 do you think you could help me ping people possibly?

Pings ( sorry if this bothers you )
@puppymaks
@immortalraven
@frosted

Female
384 posts

brightpool • 5 July 2013 at 8:30 PM

@faybaybay
That is so cool! 😊

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 5 July 2013 at 8:30 PM

@faybaybay Awesome, fun idea! I want a red one 😊

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 5 July 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thanks! I appricate it ^^ could you ping some people that like looking at creature suggestions maybe? : )
@brightpool
@ljacks

24 posts

olives • 6 July 2013 at 1:10 AM

Random pings: Please check it out? ^^
@whitefire
@sony
@yellowgrapefruit
@ashfire
@nousernamesleft

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 6 July 2013 at 1:16 AM

@faybaybay
So ok...
Basically, it looks too cute to resist 😸 ❤️
However, I think you shouldn't put the question mark in the middle of the egg like that ^^ It tends to look odd, perhaps adding some leaves, or vines or swirls, or maybe just leave it blank would be a better idea.
I gotta say that I'm in love with the last stage, but doesn't it look irrelevant to its previous stages, I mean... no leaves were in its first stage, but the last stage's tail was a branch of delicate leaves. Makes sense? :> (sorry, my English sucks xD)
I think someone it needs improvement on the egg and first stage, I thought of the Bunthoff when I saw those too (those aren't even the same species: squirrels, dragons but the colors were alike; and the pose is pretty similar to the Ott in the last stage.
I thought the name could be changed too, Casmar sounds like Tasma xD

Sorry if I spoke too much, I tend to get weird when it comes to talking and giving ideas and such!

But good luck ^^

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 6 July 2013 at 1:33 AM

@sony yeah I didn't know what to put on the egg haha, and in the description it said that the red stage's tail were peacock feathers, the blue dots on the egg represent either the red stages tail and fruit, or the yellow stages eyes or bubble it's holding.

It's hard to make a unique post without making it look awk, haha I'm no pro, just a 14 year old girl who enjoys doodling xD if its made then the eggcave artists can fix it up.
I'm also not too concerned about the name. Casmar doesn't sound too much like tasma. At least not as much as riggert sounds like the other creature ribbert.

Thanks though! I may go back and edit the egg, & just pointing it out, there is no first stage or last stages. The egg turns into one or the other, then doesn't evolve agin.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 6 July 2013 at 1:38 AM

@faybaybay
*facepalm* Sorry, I mostly never read descriptions when it comes to creature suggesting, just giving comments aesthetically based on looks ^^; So I might have commented on something unclear that you had explained in your descriptions sorry! xP
I'm a noob! xD

You can keep the name Casmar xD
But uhm, I thought it looks like the Squinton in its red-squirrel-form again D: Isn't a good thing!

You're welcome ^^
And haha, sorry I wasn't paying attention xD
As I've seen a lot of creature suggestions like that, in which the egg has a 50/50 of hatching into this or that form of the creature, I think it's a bit unfair...? - for some users?...
But it's an original and not-cookie-cutter idea, just think how the arrows would point in the creature's file in The Archives xD
JUST SO MUCH FUN~ *pokes* 😸

And good luck once again ^^

Female
1,984 posts

tralala22 • 6 July 2013 at 1:43 AM

@faybaybay

I love it!!! ❤️

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 6 July 2013 at 1:45 AM

Haha I don't blame you, this is the longest description I ever wrote, I normally like to keep it pretty short.
Yeah the squinting is just such a basic squirrel that any other squirrel looks like it, so that's why I added the peacock feathers but I guess it wasn't enough. xD the pose was originally just like squinton last stage so I flipped it around and now it looks like the ott. I bet changing the fur coloring would help, but ill leave that to the artist if somehow it gets made, because then I'd have to redraw it, as I already merged all the layers together.

& wait? You've seen the 50/50 hatching idea before? Haha guess I wasn't the first to make a suggestion like this, I need to be more creative. Thank you for all your suggestions & ideas though 😊 ill try to add some more blue onto the egg

Edit: I think the 50/50 chance is actually better, not unfair, because people will prefer a certain stage, such as the red stage or yellow stage. & it's like a fun surprise too, so you never know which evolution yours will hatch into. If you don't like the certain stage you can always swap with someone else 😊

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 6 July 2013 at 1:53 AM

@faybaybay
You didn't ping me D:
That's why I didn't see it! xD
Fortunately I was gliding around the forums! xD

Haha, well, I thought the Squinton's tail is actually made from dried autumn leaves xD
Yeah sure then ^^ Your drawing is amazing by the way, it's just that, it needs to be a bit more original I guess, but the idea is cool!

I've seen the idea before, there were all kinds of ideas like this, like the egg can either hatch into a blue/green/yellow/red creature xD Or maybe creatures within different looks.

And you're welcome ^^

The idea just doesn't suit me enough so...! xD
I still thought it would be unfair, and my logic sucks, therefore I can't give out any other explanations! xD

Female
384 posts

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 6 July 2013 at 10:31 AM

@sony sorry! Haha I'm using my phone to type and I thought I pressed the ping button.

Thank you again, were all entitled to our own opinions, either you like a creature or you don't. Personally I think a creature hatching into one thing or another purely put of chance is a good idea, so if not my creature, maybe Ian will make someone else's creature like this .

Deleted • 6 July 2013 at 4:42 PM

@faybaybay Awesome 😃 I love both evolutions ❤️

Female
1,219 posts

nousernamesleft • 7 July 2013 at 2:46 AM

@faybaybay
OMG! I love them. ❤️ Both the concept and the art are amazing.
I especially love the idea of the two options and I would love to see that in more new creatures. 😊

Female
488 posts

smailly • 7 July 2013 at 10:55 AM

@faybaybay

So cute! I love them! Would love to own the red one! 😊

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 7 July 2013 at 5:42 PM

Thanks everyone! it means a lot that you commented : ) I edited the egg a little bit, to add more blue. it's a small change. Would anyone mind pinging people who they think would like looking at creature suggestions?

@smailly
@cstarswirl
@nousernamesleft

Female
1,219 posts

nousernamesleft • 7 July 2013 at 9:03 PM

@tikimaki
Check this out?

Non-binary
34 posts

hidden • 7 July 2013 at 9:34 PM

@faybaybay

This is truly AMAZING! I like the mystery of which variation it'll hatch into ^.^ And the yellow variation is all cute and innocent looking, while the red looks so elegant! *-* You have my full support!

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 7 July 2013 at 9:49 PM

@hidden Had to reply to this right away, thank you, first of all. & that is exactly what I was going for! I know some people like cute creatures, others; more elegant looking ones & darker colored ones. So I made the yellow one, fairy-ish & fluffy, while the red I tried to make cute, but still elegant looking so people can have personal preferences & if they don't like the one their egg hatches in to then they can always swap with their friends & trade around : )

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 7 July 2013 at 11:20 PM

@nousernamesleft
Sure. 😊

@faybaybay
Looks amazing! 😃
I wouldn't criticize anything. However, I would have liked to have whiskers on the last stage too. But it is the artists decision. Well done and I really hope this gets made! ^^

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 8 July 2013 at 12:29 AM

@tikimaki Thanks! & oh my I totally forgot the whiskers on the second one haha I was just so anxious to finish it, eh, i'm not gunna re-edit it though. Slim chance, if it is made, then the artist can add whiskers haha

Pings:
I'd appreciate if you could just take a quick look : )
@pipkitten
@pirran
@piucca
@Marie_lily

Female
123 posts

pirran • 8 July 2013 at 12:56 AM

I quite like the idea, though I'm new to eggcave and I'm not sure if the coding is implemented for more than one possible evolution from a single egg. The tail on the second one looks a little out of place on the body, but the yellow critter is well pieced together, and he's pretty cute.

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 8 July 2013 at 1:07 AM

@pirran Yeah, I just figured a chance thing was already there, since the cave & asteroid are purely chance things & Ian is always working to make eggcave more exciting, so why not? If not, the red one would just be second stage.
The feathers around the base of the tail probably should have been thicker so it doesnt look so awkward but i didnt wanna over-do it & add too many feathers xD
Thank you for commenting!

Pings: ( sorry! )
@Yts
@bot
@thenekosnyan
@fluffamun

Female
472 posts

fluffamun • 8 July 2013 at 1:08 AM

This is great! You have my vote! The red one is adorable ❤️

Male
443 posts

thenekosnyan • 8 July 2013 at 1:11 AM

@faybaybay
I like it a lot ❤️ I was thinking of making something like this, but I strayed away. Why? I dunno xD

2,251 posts

yts • 8 July 2013 at 4:43 AM

@faybaybay
really nice 😊

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 8 July 2013 at 1:22 PM

Thank you! it means a lot
@yts
@thenekosnyan
@fluffamun

pings: ( sorry )