Too Many CS Monthlies?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 14 August 2011 at 5:09 PM

@Ian Oh no!! xDD Let me refrase that. If you do add to the number of cave tries, I thin k when there are holiday eggs you should reduce the number back to ten, or after 10 reduce the chance of gettung one even more. Then if people get 5 in one day they wouldnt be able to get even more. So people wouldnt complain. Sorry about the bad phrasing. D:

Male
1,994 posts

Ian • 14 August 2011 at 5:09 PM

@bluegirl80

alright, gotcha. 😊 thanks for clarifying.

Deleted • 14 August 2011 at 5:10 PM

@Ian your welcome. I'm horrible at phrasing. -_- Cuse my bad wording. xD

1,655 posts

chatial • 14 August 2011 at 5:11 PM

@bluegirl80
I don't understand...
Why do you want a creature to be rare?
Almost everyone on Eggcave bases a critter's worth on rarity.
Not because you actually like it.
I mean, in some cases it can be both.
But I'd rather have a critter I like not to be rare, so I can have one more easily and see it's pretty self everywhere on the site(:

Deleted • 14 August 2011 at 5:12 PM

@chatial I know I dont really care about rarity. But some people who have the best luck would get so many people would acse them of cheating or something. I think it would be a little easyier....

1,655 posts

chatial • 14 August 2011 at 5:14 PM

@bluegirl80
Oh, well in your comment you said it was because of rarity. (x
But I completely understand that whole cheating thing.
Of course, you can't ever prove you actually got the critter yourself unless you take a screenie.
But who wants to do that every time they find one?

Female
249 posts

chibiloki88 • 14 August 2011 at 10:04 PM

@love23bug i agree. im going to run out of room in my cove soon. i had suggested last month briefly that perhaps there should be 1 monthly cave creature so there wasnt any stress to get it but its a reward for being a member that month and 1, maybe 2 creatures in the cc. i think thats a neat idea. but definitely if this continues im going to need more room in my cove 😋 😃

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 14 August 2011 at 10:12 PM

@chatial i agree with you. just get a creature because you like it, not because its rare. unless you want to show off your cove, which is perfectly fine. but if you want to do that then just go with the flow and get the naturally rare ones.

and over time things like schnees will get rarer. i remember when i first joined foos were EVERYWHERE. they were so uncommon that i almost traded mine for a whoon -_-

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:14 PM

I think three are fine, gives users like me a chance to have their creatures used.

As long as it isn't affecting other plans, and holding them back with the amount of time it takes to make a CC.

Personally I just want new stuff, we get bored too easily. And now that eggcave is growing it needs to keep up.

Female
607 posts

magician1574 • 14 August 2011 at 10:22 PM

@ian lol yeah i agrre with what u said ur the eggcave master...can u make urself have tine eggs? that would be amazing!!!

227 posts

wispa • 14 August 2011 at 10:31 PM

As a parent 😊 I also think 3 a month is a bit too much. I understand that money to keep the game alive is needed - but when you have 3 CS creatures a month and no cave or only 1 new cave creature it sends a certain message.

Now if it were an even 3 cs and 3 limited cave creatures then I probably would not have an issue. (or 1 to 1 example)

When the main focus of the game is to acquire rare creatures and the rarest creatures can only be gotten with real money it tells me that a game that is free to play is really a LOT less free after all.

And yes I have bought CS creatures and gotten them for my children as well. But $15 a month every month will never happen in my house, because with 15 dollars you can get a lot more than a pixel that really doesn't even belong to you. You are just paying money to add it to your cove, because the art work belongs to Egg Cave - Not You.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:40 PM

@wispa I think that is what you are agreeing to as you buy one though..

But I think, eggcave isn't such an innocent little free site after all.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 14 August 2011 at 10:41 PM

@Balletninja

But you do not need to buy the Monthlies, do you?
It IS a free site though.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:43 PM

@crooton1 It is like saying clubpenguin is free. It is, but the members are the only ones who get anything good. It is AMAZINGLY hard to succeed on here without CC, especially in this Economy.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 14 August 2011 at 10:46 PM

@Balletninja

I guess. But without the CS, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. :/

It also gives 3 amazing chances for people with creature ideas to get the released. 😉

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:48 PM

@crooton1 That was my earlier point.

I just think $5 for a pixel is a ton.

People can buy groceries with $15 so this is a splurge, but not a very useful one.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 14 August 2011 at 10:49 PM

@Balletninja

But it's the same as buying video games... :/
Except it's only $25 cheaper.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:50 PM

@crooton1 Like $15 cheaper, and less content in a pixel.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 14 August 2011 at 10:51 PM

@Balletninja

We all have our own opinions. I like that we have 3 new creatures every month. 😊

@Ian

Possibly close this topic? o~o

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 10:52 PM

@crooton1 I guess my problem is the cost.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 14 August 2011 at 10:56 PM

I think three is good; it gives us a variety to choose from! ^^ Plus it gives users a chance to have their ideas made. Two CC and one Cave might be a good idea, too.

227 posts

wispa • 14 August 2011 at 10:59 PM

That is a true you do not HAVE to buy the CS eggs, but like with anything else you always want the amazing "new", "special" things that are out there. I play this game and right now only 1 of my children is still actively playing- so that would be $30 a month for the both of us, if my other 2 children came back to egg cave that would be $60 a month (Never ever gonna happen..lol)

Are we poor, no - but I hope to teach my children the value of money so spending that much money on something that you don't really get to have to me seems like a waste, if it is done every single month.

And like I said, if it was an even 3 for 3, 2 for 2, or 1 for 1 I would have NO Problem with it at all. But I do think if there are going to be CS only special creatures every month then there also NEEDS to be limited edition cave eggs very month - for those people who either Cannot afford or refuse to spend the money on CS only creatures.

Last I checked the economy was still in the toilet, so a lot of people simply cannot Justify spending $15 a month on something like egg cave creatures when there are Bills to pay first.

For $15 a month you can play EQ2 and many other MMORPG's so $15 a month for egg cave to me is too much.

This is simply my own personal opinion on the topic, what others do and feel is totally their own business. Not ment to start any arguments 😊

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 14 August 2011 at 11:05 PM

@wispa 120% Agreed.

Female
249 posts

chibiloki88 • 14 August 2011 at 11:07 PM

@wispa i totally get that. im a student and i honestly dont have the money to spend on cc creatures, but i do it anyway because i think its fun. i think ian indicated that he intends to add more cave creatures and that he simply is behind in doing that part of the update. so that will be good. i look forward to new creatures. i wish they were cheaper, but the fact is that ill probably still buy them if theyre not. and there will be new cave ones, so thats good and important. i understand why his priority is in the ones that make him money, but rest assured that he has indicated that hes working on revamping the cave so that there will be more cave creatures too 😊

Female
40 posts

lollaugh • 14 August 2011 at 11:11 PM

anyone want to be my friend??

Female
338 posts

love23bug • 15 August 2011 at 2:53 PM

@Ian

Thanks for posting your opinion and some info =]. What are your thoughts on the 3 Cash Shop creatures each month? They are too expensive, and a lot of us really do want them...as stated before, it makes this site a lot less "free" even though we aren't required to buy them. Would you consider cutting down on the number released each month? Maybe have 1 released each month, and 1 or 2 like the Balrog and Rhine that stay in there for a while?

Thanks!

1,655 posts

chatial • 15 August 2011 at 2:59 PM

@balletninja
The CS shop is unfair to some players.
We can all agree to that.
Some don't even have the money.
Let alone a PayPal account.
But it's like Neopets...
Quitting is the only solution.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 15 August 2011 at 3:04 PM

@chatial

You don't have to quit...!
What's wrong with having a common egg, as long as you like it? It's all about rarity, huh? T_T

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 15 August 2011 at 3:06 PM

@Wispa
@Balletninja
@Chatial

Ian is slowly coming out with new eggs to make up for all the CS eggs going into circulation. So I really don't see what we are all talking about. :/

1,655 posts

chatial • 15 August 2011 at 3:07 PM

@whitefall
I mean, if you can't stand not having CC. (x
Then quit.
It's just a game.
you really shouldn't get worked up about it, even though it's not fair.
And, to a lot of players, rarity is pretty much all that matters.
You see about... Almost everyone having a Macbot, Onny, and Doovoo on their wishlist.