Site Idea: Stat Candies

in Site Feedback & Ideas

After reading this, what is your opinion of it?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 9 March 2014 at 6:13 PM

#MegadashIdea

Site Idea: STAT CANDIES
==================
What if you could randomly find candies while feeding creatures (similar to Kinump seeds during Halloween or candies during Valentine's Day)? My idea is that these candies could be fed to a creature and would raise the creature's total VIEWS, CLICKS or FEEDS, depending on the candy. The candies could also come in small, medium, and large sizes and would increase their specific stat by three different amounts. Here's what I've worked out to start out:
1.) Candies that increase VIEWS would increase a creature's view count by 10 (small), 20 (medium), or 30 (large).
2.) Candies that increase CLICKS would increase a creature's click count by 5 (small), 8 (medium), or 12 (large). (New amounts suggested by @mastergemma)
3.) Candies that increase FEEDS would increase a creature's feed count by 3 (small), 5 (medium), or 8 (large).
4.) All three candies could even give a 5% boost in happiness.

This is based on the observation the creatures that evolve through views, with the ridiculously obvious exception of the Jester, typically require a lot of views in order to evolve, especially in cases like the Calla (which requires 15,000 views to evolve!). Creatures who evolve through clicks and feeds typically require fewer, in volume, so that's why the candies are lower in value.

Even if the creature doesn't evolve by the type of stat that the candy may give, it will give the 1/3 of a level boost that it would normally receive (times the amount of the actual increase). For example, if the Calla eats a small, FEED-increasing candy, it may not be any closer to evolving, but its level would increase by one, since it would be the same as if it had been fed (without viewing or clicking on it). This would bring the creature one level closer to immortality. This would be especially helpful for people, whether they're looking to immortalize but not evolve, or those who are just focused on evolving.

To prevent an over-saturation of these items as people clamor to get these items (especially while they're new), the items would be [at least] half as common as Kinump seeds or candies…maybe even a quarter as common…and would be account-bound. Actually, let me offer two possible ways of doing it:
1.) Candies are account-bound and are half as common as seasonal event items.
2.) Candies are NOT account-bound and can be traded, given, or sold, but these items are one-quarter as common as seasonal event items.

There are some other ideas that could be used for this:
* The candies are temporarily discontinued during events like Halloween, Valentine's Day, and other events that utilize the same concept.
* In order to limit the number of these items, it could be set up that the chance of finding these candies are just as common as these events, but the candies are only available during the first week of the month. Think of it like Double/Triple Feed Day, but for seven days.
* …Future ideas will be added. When they are, the idea will be dated.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 9 March 2014 at 6:38 PM

2.) Candies that increase CLICKS would increase a creature's click count by 5 (small), 10 (medium), or 15 (large).
I think that's a bit much, maybe 5-8-12

Hmm.... I think if this was to be added then it would have to be account bound or you can only trade one a day

They would have to be removed on those event days or the probability of obtaining one smashed to one in 300 or something like that

@megadash

Female
462 posts

megadash • 9 March 2014 at 7:00 PM

@mastergemma:
Yeah. That sounds better. I've updated the idea and credited it to you.

As far as the trade idea, if it came to that, I'd say just keep it account-bound.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 9 March 2014 at 7:45 PM

LivePulse pings! (apologies)
@emo_pattys
@starling
@emperor
@hybridrainbow
@veroncio

Female
106 posts

emperor • 9 March 2014 at 7:53 PM

@megadash I really like the idea because it's hard for me to evolve creatures 😊

Would there be different types of candies for views/clicks/feeds, or would 1 candy be able to perform all of these functions (ie. you choose whether you want it to be a views/clicks/feeds candy before you use it)?

Female
159 posts

veroncio • 9 March 2014 at 7:55 PM

@megadash @mastergemma I love it, but maybe they could be much much much less common than the chocolates, and only view ones (bcs that's a very hard thing to get) bcs that'll make them less special, (I made like 2k chocolates.. if it was only 1/4, it would mean I've gotten 500 candies, let's say they were medium view candies... that would mean 10k views in one week or two, and I think that's just too much) but the idea is great! I'd LOVE to get more views

Female
462 posts

megadash • 10 March 2014 at 6:35 PM

@emperor : Yes, there would be different candies for each stat. This is not just to evolve creatures who evolve through views, but it's also to help level-up creatures that don't.
Let's say that you're trying to immortalize a creature that evolves via views, but you don't want to evolve it yet. A lot of egg-dealers would find this useful, especially when people (typically) don't want to buy frozen creatures. FEED and CLICK candies would be what you need.

@veroncio : I see where you're coming from, but you'd also have to remember that the candies come in three different sizes. A simple way to balance that out is to make large candies less common than medium ones, which are less common than small ones. Also, there are three different types, so you may not get the one you want. Since the candies are one-time-use, making them any less common is just going to drive their value to a points where people wouldn't even try to find them.
Also, when seasonal events occur, players are all jumping around the site at all hours, trying to get what they want within a small, finite time-span. Knowing that they can do it when they just happen to be on will help assure that it will came down, maybe even just see it as an added bonus to doing what you normally do.

Female
106 posts

emperor • 11 March 2014 at 5:27 AM

@megadash That makes sense 😊 Wonderful idea, I hope it gets implemented 😊

Female
462 posts

megadash • 13 March 2014 at 8:50 PM

There are two main reasons why we'd need candies for all three stats. The first is the simple fact that not all creatures evolve via views. If only VIEW candies exist, only VIEW-evolving creatures can evolve and only those who DON'T evolve via views can be leveled-up without risking evolution. By having all three, all creatures can benefit in any way that the owner wants.

The second main reason for having all three is that, believe it or not, feeds are actually quite hard to get. Even when Egg Cavern had its Click-Exchange Program, I usually got, at most, a 60% feed percentage. I'd argue that views are easier to get than feeds, even if most FEED-evolving creatures typically require fewer in that stat.

Female
1,218 posts

disneyland • 13 March 2014 at 9:40 PM

@megadash -

Love it c: Reminds me of rare candies that increase a Pokemon's level/stats xD

I think it would be a cool tough! I have trouble evolving creatures a lot of times as well so it would be useful.

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 14 March 2014 at 3:25 PM

@megadash
This would be nice, I actually quite like the idea. Though I hope that they're MUCH rarer than 1/4 of the event occurrence. I mean, just think of the hundreds of event tokens each person finds over the few provided days of the event! Even a quarter of that number will feel like a overabundance, and since each candy boosts multiple stat points, creature stats could easily end up becoming, like 2/3 to 1/6 candy boost, depending on how often each size of candy is found and how often the creature receives player-feeds, and how the creature owner decided to split up candies onto their cove, of course. So yeah, it's a really great idea, but them becoming overabundant is probably the worst possible result.
But I dunno, plug it into a calculator, do stuff with the numbers and whatever, see what likelihood is most preferable. It all really depends on how fast people can feed and how much of a impact you'd like it to have on stats. 😊
(And it will be cool to see something other than travels in my inventory!)

Female
462 posts

megadash • 14 March 2014 at 9:51 PM

@liza200aa:
I actually did using my data from the last event. As I stated before, there are three different types of candies and each one comes in three different sizes. Even without making larger sizes less common, you'd still have only a 1-in-9 chance of getting the one you want.
Now, I was thinking that the ratio should be 3-2-1 (small-to-medium-to-large). Obviously, large will be the most desired (regardless or type). Just considering size, the chance of getting the SIZE that you want is 2 in 3 for small candies, 1 in 3 for medium candies and 1 in 6 for large candies. To get the TYPE of candy you want, it's a simple 1-in-3 chance. Taking that, to get both the TYPE and SIZE of candy you want, it would be a 2-in-9 (~22.2%) chance for small candies, a 1-in-9 (~11.1%) chance for medium candies, and a whopping 1-in-18 chance for a particular LARGE candy. That's barely 5.5%, not considering the rarity of just GETTING a candy.

During the last event, I estimated that my average daily ratio was 1 in 5 to get a box of chocolates. Okay, let's use these to calculate the odds even further:
The odds of getting a small candy (any type): 2 in 15 (13.3%)
--- The odds of getting a specific candy (small): 2 in 45 (4.4%)
The odds of getting a medium candy (any type): 1 in 15 (<6.7%)
--- The odds of getting a specific candy (medium): 1 in 45 (2.2%)
The odds of getting a large candy (any type): 1 in 45 (2.2%)
--- The odds of getting a specific candy (medium): 1 in 45 (1.1%)