YAY! Art Contest!

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
126 posts

gracem • 15 April 2014 at 3:33 PM

Hello everyone and welcome to my art contest! I hope you enjoy the fun and write on my wall if you would like me to do it again sometime!

How It Works:

So, all you have to do is use your imagination and get a creative picture in your head. Describe it breifly but understandible so that the judges can grade you.

Prizes and Places:

The prizes are givin out overtime. For participating in any way, you will recive a egg through trading. The judges may post to a certain participant and send them a trade lot. The 3 prize winners will be 1, 2, and 3. The three winners will recive rarer eggs than others.

Judges: I, gracem will participate in judgery. Judge 1: @mastergemme 2: @animal_9_namer 3: @cleokitty WITHOUT FURTHER EDEU! LET THE CONTEST, BEGIN!!! ENJOY!! 😊

Prizes:

1rst place prize: crumbstep the cookielion

2nd place prize: maylyn the obarn

Female
616 posts

kreptacat • 15 April 2014 at 5:54 PM

Okay.. Here's mine.

I picture a green valley on the right side, with a stream and blue flowers, with darker colors going up. Up at the top, I see dark thunderstorms and black ravens. On the upper left, there is a hand. Just a hand. Nothing next to it, but with white spaces across it and an orange glow to the outside. I see a cat laying under a willow tree, looking anxious for the rain that will start soon.

Ok.. That was a weird vision.

Female
126 posts

gracem • 15 April 2014 at 6:00 PM

@kreptacat That is very special!

You may get a finals place in my opinian. You think its wierd? No.....its not. Its what Im looking for. Very cool. 😊

pings:
@sparklefox
@silvernight
@school600
@ashlinnhi
@emmylou
@eher21
@animal_9_namer

Female
669 posts

animal_9_namer • 15 April 2014 at 6:01 PM

@gracem
❀️ I'm here and ready πŸ˜ƒ

Female
126 posts

gracem • 15 April 2014 at 6:05 PM

@animal_9_namer Okay. Just to get you started, Ill help out. Start by rating @kreptacat vision and send her a unrare trade. Got it😊

Female
996 posts

nenielsen • 19 April 2014 at 1:40 AM

@gracem

This is my image:

A cool breeze after a warm spring rain,
Under the redwood trees, in the never ending forest.
Lush green ferns, still wet with morning dew.
A sweet rainy smell wafts through the air.
So quiet, the only sound is of the trees, swaying in the wind.
It's peaceful here.
A flock of geese fly overhead through the clear blue sky.
They are free, going wherever summer may be.
Their loud jabbering echos through this place,
It doesn't sound loud from far away.

I made it a poem, I hope that's okay. πŸ˜ƒ I may add more lines later. πŸ˜‰

65 posts

animal_9_namersideaccount • 19 April 2014 at 9:14 AM

@gracem
What does unrare trade mean?
And, @kreptacat 6/10 I would say..😊 Don't be offended though, it was very interesting,

@nenielsen

Wow that was so peaceful...How did you know that was the type of thing I AODRE to draw, and think about? 9.9/10! Wonderful details, I must say ❀️

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 April 2014 at 9:44 AM

I'm going to imagine actually drawing these descriptions
@nenielsen
That sounds very cool. Only real problems with that is you went into detail about the smells and noises of the area. Overall it's a nice description of a forest so I'll say 8/10. For yours i'm imagining a background of redwood forest and a foreground of ferns. Plus the geese in the sky. Is this basically what you are trying to achieve?

@kreptacat
Also very cool. Definitely points for originality. Pretty specific with the details about the hand. The cat in the tree I'm assuming would be in the bottom left of the image? Overall I liked it, the addition of the anxious cat added to the overall feel of change. Your score would have been a tad higher if there was a bit more specific information about where the cat and tree is in the image.
7/10

Female
126 posts

gracem • 19 April 2014 at 12:53 PM

@nenielsen
Wonderful!
Although... @mastergemme theory is correct mostly.

Female
996 posts

nenielsen • 19 April 2014 at 6:51 PM

@gracem
@mastergemma I thought we were supposed to describe all of it, including sounds and smells... O_o I mean, no one said anything about excluding that stuff, but thank you! 😊

@animal_9_namersideaccount
Thank you. 😊 I'm moving to a 14-acre property out in the redwoods very soon, and it's truly a beautiful place. Also no noisy neighbors! πŸ˜‹ I'm sick of the sounds of suburbia... one neighbor has a dog that barks all night, and the other has a toddler that screams all day... I think my head is about to explode. *-------*

Female
126 posts

gracem • 19 April 2014 at 6:57 PM

@nenielsen
Sorry. I didnt mean to offend you... you did a very good job though! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
996 posts

nenielsen • 19 April 2014 at 6:59 PM

@gracem no, its your contest, your rules! 😊 I just wished you were a little more specific on that, is all. πŸ˜‹

Female
126 posts

gracem • 19 April 2014 at 7:01 PM

@nenielsen
Ok! 😊

Male
1,224 posts

takochu • 19 April 2014 at 10:31 PM

@gracem

Picture a damp cave. The wall is line with glittering crystals that have many facets. The crystals reflect every color in the spectrum. There is a pinkish-blue pool in the middle of the cave. The water emits a beautiful light that can only be described as pure magic. The reflected light bounces off the pool creating a rainbow. The floors have smaller crystals that pierce soft shoes - and even boots. A relaxed feeling resonates from the cave.

I feel like I was not descriptive enough.

Female
126 posts

gracem • 20 April 2014 at 8:23 AM

@takochu

Wonderful! 😊 Let me guess....... the egg cave. Cool!

@animal_9_namersideaccount

unrare means an everyday egg you get at the cave 😊

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 20 April 2014 at 8:36 AM

@takochu
That's actually detailed enough. Only thing I can really pick up on is are you staring at the mouth of the cave or are you already inside the cave?

I'm going to say 9/10
it is a really good description

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 20 April 2014 at 8:53 AM

@gracem There's a sparkling blue lake if you look to the left, you'll see 10 deer.I f you look at the trees,they are birch trees, but the leave are pastel pink or pastel blue. Behind one of the trees there is a small unicorn. In the sky there are many butterflies. Violets and Lavender surround the lake. The grass is olive green.

Female
126 posts

gracem • 20 April 2014 at 8:56 AM

@frizzlefruit

Great! although.. it needs more detail

Male
1,224 posts

takochu • 20 April 2014 at 11:01 AM

@mastergemma

Sorry, inside the cave. Thanks!

@gracem

It is actually based on a crystal cave from the Merlin series by T.A. Baron. Not the egg cave.

Female
669 posts

animal_9_namer • 22 April 2014 at 5:50 PM

@takochu
Cool !

6.5 out of ten!!
It was cool, but yes, @gracem is correct a bit more detail would be nice 030 Thanks for entering though!!

Female
126 posts

gracem • 22 April 2014 at 8:40 PM

@animal_9_namer
@mastergemme
@cleokitty
@nenielsen
@takochu Just to let you guys know..... I am changing up the prizes a bit. All of you take a good look at my creatures and write on my wall witch ones you think I should use! 😊 thanks for your fine judgery! 😊

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 22 April 2014 at 9:47 PM

@takochu
Good! I love it! ❀️ 8 out of 10! But could use a bit more detail. ^^'

3 posts

werewolfs-store • 23 April 2014 at 2:39 AM

@gracem

not sure if this is still on but...
A forest alive with the sounds of the night
the trees trees swaying against the wind as a cool breeze reaches the air
wolves howling at the big,bright moon as they hunt for food
Water flowing through the streams by a pounding waterfall and firefly's hovering over the water creating the illusion of stars dancing on the river.
Mist covers the tops of the trees and conceals any bird that flys within it
the trees stand tall and loom over the waterfall like great giants letting there leaves fall and turn orange to welcome the coming of Autumn
p.s. in case you havent noticed this is @werewolf 's store side so just ping @werewolf if you are going to ping me

Female
126 posts

gracem • 23 April 2014 at 9:14 AM

@werewolf
WOW! very filled with detail! I love the way you said the leaves were changing with the autumn. you may get the tops! 😊

Female
379 posts

silverknight01 • 23 April 2014 at 1:31 PM

@gracem
#silverknight
o-o
here I go..

A genital breeze plays with your hair, as you lay in the soft grass.. gazing at the beautiful stars above. Like countless gems in the sky, as they glisten in the moonlight. And oh, they sky.. a enchanting deep blue, a color that makes you feel safe, and sleepy.. A faint song is sung in the distance, by a Nightingale, perched atop a pine tree branch, as if the bird was saying.."Goodnight" to all..

Female
126 posts

gracem • 23 April 2014 at 1:41 PM

@silvernight01
Wonderful! I just want to be there right now! 😊 7/10!

Female
379 posts

silverknight01 • 28 April 2014 at 10:42 AM

@gracem
thanks Xd

Female
369 posts

beckah-lula • 28 April 2014 at 4:01 PM

Here's my image:

There's a lake at the end of a river, the lake is still yet the river runs slowly glistening and sparkling as it moves in the sunshine, on one side of the river is a forest of pine trees, looking across the lake to it, it seems dark and gloomy, the trees are tall and the leaves start high up creating a large dark expanse under the trees hiding any number of scary creatures, however on the other side of the river running all the way down to beside the lake is a meadow full of tall wild grass, flowers and butterflies on the side of the lake is a small clearing in the meadow with a single tree set to the left slightly. There's a make shift tire swing attached to the tree that sways gently in the breeze, the clearing is full of small flowers such as daisies and dandelions and the only sounds are the tweeting of birds, the buzzing of bees and the occasional eerie whistle of wind through the dark forest on the other side.

I hope you like it😊 (ps I get a little carried away when writing and sometimes forget about punctuation, sorry about that😊)

@gracem

Female
438 posts

satoshi818 • 28 April 2014 at 5:13 PM

Uh... Can I join? @gracem

A slight breeze is blowing in the soft early spring air. Grass gently sways. Dandelion fluff is floating on the breeze. A small brook is running through the forest, leaving a fresh scent on the air. I hear it trickling past pebbles and stones. Light is shining through the trees, illuminating the forest with its' warm, sweet, rays. A fox is bathing in the brook, lapping up water. Butterflies and bees flutter past and onto the lilies. A small child is on a tree branch, sleeping, the soft sounds of the forest lulling her to sleep. Deer watch warily from the side. Ducks are returning from their winter vacation, bears padding out of their warm dens. Spring was finally here.

Female
126 posts

gracem • 1 May 2014 at 1:07 AM

@beckah_Lula

Very descriptive.... I love it! I give you a 9/10!

@satoshi818

Of course you can join! Wonderful! I love all the detail. 7/10!