Gifting EC

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 6:32 PM

What do you think? You can gift EC. There would be another line that says something like:

Send to:__________________
Amount:___________________

PIN _______

OR

Password ____________

It would say that at the bank, where you withdraw and deposit EC.

Any suggestions to add more or does anyone agree??

Suggestions:

@Maximum_ride_forever and @icymuffin says there should be a pin or your you type your password before you get to send the EC, I AGREE!!

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 17 August 2011 at 6:33 PM

That would be sweet ^-^
but I don't think it would be a good idea... :/

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 August 2011 at 6:34 PM

Yus~! This would be useful to send EC to your storage accounts πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 6:34 PM

@Icymuffin

That is what i thought XD

@Sothavey

How is it bad?

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 17 August 2011 at 6:35 PM

What if a hacker gets a hold of your account and they just 'gift' all your EC to another account 😱

Problems like that...

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 17 August 2011 at 6:35 PM

Epic! But it would be a field day for hackers.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 August 2011 at 6:36 PM

Well, for one thing, they should have had a good password in the first place.

This is where the PIN code thingy should come in & be useful ^^

Female
242 posts

libra • 17 August 2011 at 6:37 PM

What if you had to type your password in and/or have a special pin number for it; before you can press the "gift" button.

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 6:37 PM

And, if your hacked, and they send it, it wouldnt even be that bad, its EC not CC.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 August 2011 at 6:40 PM

^ Yus

Male
536 posts

creaturlord • 17 August 2011 at 7:03 PM

awesome

Female
900 posts

jaidyn • 17 August 2011 at 7:11 PM

I like the idea.

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 9:42 PM

Bump!

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 August 2011 at 9:44 PM

There should be a little space at the bottom that shows you who you've sent EC to in the past, so you know where your money went if you get hacked.

^^

495 posts

eclipse • 17 August 2011 at 9:46 PM

I would like the ability to send CC though... so I could join a bunch of contests where the prize is 50CC or something. ^^ That way, I could have the pleasure of being an owner of CC. πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 9:47 PM

@Taffy789

SMART!

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 August 2011 at 9:53 PM

@chloekins - Yay! *Highfives*

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 9:54 PM

@eclispe

I dont think Ian is going to do that.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 17 August 2011 at 10:11 PM

As stated by Ian on a previous thread regarding the trading of EC, "Yes, yes, of course... the ability to trade EC in Trades will be added very soon. "

While it is not exactly gifting, this does provide a way to transfer EC to other users (or to help pay for Tim's Food Shoppe on side accounts).

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 10:15 PM

@meteoroid

That is why i specifically say GIFTING.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 17 August 2011 at 10:21 PM

@chloekins I understand that. My point being that with EC potentially being available through Trading, Ian may see adding a gifting option somewhat redundant.

I'm not shooting down the idea by any means. I was just affirming that Ian plans on adding the ability to trade EC from the Trading Center. Which is pretty useful.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 17 August 2011 at 10:31 PM

@chloekins Do you play neopets at all? What Meteor is saying is very similar to the system on neopets with the trading post. There is no function on that site strictly for gifting neopoints, because that would be gratuitous. However, if a person wanted to 'gift' points to another user, the other user would put a 'junk' item in the trading post, and the first would offer the desired sum of points.

I see no reason why this same concept couldn't work for the egg cave trading post. In the event that a user was uncomfortable creating or labeling 'junk' eggs, a trade-back set up could work as well.

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 17 August 2011 at 10:38 PM

@sotheavy

I must say that WOULD be a problem, but you have to realize, hackers will exist with OR without that that, that would be like saying there shouldn't be eggs, or trading because then someone could hack your account, and besides, I think for safety Ian would put in a notifacation that tells you when you gifted it and who you gifted to. I think it's a great idea!!

Deleted • 17 August 2011 at 10:44 PM

@meteoroid

I know, i was just saying that is why i said that😊 I am not saying it in a rude way... it might sound that way though!

@Plookle

I play it once in a while, and i know about the Trading Post and i thought that it was very "pro" and it would be nice on Egg cave, too!πŸ˜ƒ