Site Idea: Private Auctions

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you like this feature?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 1 January 2015 at 12:01 PM

Would it be possible to set private auctions? This would be a nice feature to have when:
* transferring single rare and highly valuable creatures to storage,
* selling creatures to individuals, or
* running private auctions to a small group of people.

I know that you can just set the increment price, but, unless you can get the proper account in time, the creature may end up going to someone else.

#MegadashIdea

Deleted • 1 January 2015 at 4:20 PM

@Megadash

Support.

To piggy-back onto this idea; there should be private trades too. Sometimes when I'm browsing the "15 newest trades" section, I find it's clogged with "Res 😊" trades.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 1 January 2015 at 4:42 PM

@megadash This would make transferring so much easier for people. I support.

@rushingwater That's a great idea too! Much cleaner, and we'll get to see actual trades.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 1 January 2015 at 11:41 PM

@megadash @rushingwater

Yes.
Much yes to this idea.

I am so sick of those res lots in the TC as well, because someone once made at least 40 trades, and it took them 2 days to make all of them.
Horrible.

Private auctions will be good as well, since you have to offer an egg in the TC, but in the auctions you only need to offer 1 EC.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 10 January 2015 at 8:57 AM

I like the idea since it allows people to sell to people they know. But I don't see why you'd use it to transfer rare creatures. If you don't want it to show up on the trading post, just set up a trade with a junk egg from the side account and offer the rare creature on the trade, nobody will have seen it in the TC. This is not rocket science people...

Male
149 posts

lchen888 • 11 January 2015 at 8:32 AM

@megadash Support

So many res lots...

Female
462 posts

megadash • 11 January 2015 at 11:51 AM

@dionaea:
This is just one of the, more minor, reasons why I'd like to see this feature. The main reasons is because I want private auctions (and even, if possible, trade lots) for my Egg Cave guilds and clubs. Also, I have to transfer 🪙 to my storage accounts periodically to increase their sizes and the account that needs the 🪙 is the one that needs to make the offer.

In the end, it's easier for everyone if:
1.) People don't see a lot that isn't open to them, and
2.) People don't get offers from those who don't respect the "reserved" messages in the wishlist section.

And, yes, not bothering to read the message is the same thing as not respecting the messages. I know that people make mistakes, but a lot of people also just don't bother. It may not be rocket science, but it's not basic arithmetic, either.

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 11 January 2015 at 12:07 PM

@megadash BLIZZY TOTALLY SUPPORTS THIS IDEA. ~ Meow from Blizzy v(0_0)v

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 31 January 2015 at 4:00 PM

@megadash This sounds like a great idea.
I've seen a couple of ideas to make most of all transfering to sides easier, and I think this is the best (and easiest for the Eggcave staff to apply) from all ideas yet 😃

Both in the auctions and the trade center, this would be a really appreciated feature 😃
And I've never really thought of it, but to make a trade only for one person (or a specific group) is a really good idea 😸

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 31 January 2015 at 6:32 PM

@megadash

Yes. This would be very useful. Thank you for suggesting this! 😊

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 3 February 2015 at 8:06 PM

@megadash
Totally agree! I am currently auctioning a creature between two users that have blocked each other, so we can't PM, and they're offering creatures as well as EC, so this would be really useful!

Deleted • 10 February 2015 at 7:45 PM

@megadash
The first two are already covered up by the Trade Center.

Lol its kind of strange if you want to transfer creatures via auctions, you'd have to also include that the min 3hr limit to be cleared if so.

The last one seems like blocking others from the auction - which would rather sound like unfair.

Maybe those people whom you blocked cant offer, but the rest can.

I'm not supportive of this though.

But I do support a suggestion where an account panel will be created and we can manage our storages from our main itself.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 February 2015 at 8:01 PM

@megadash
Using the auctions to transfer creatures from one account to another sounds like more work than it's worth. But having private auctions would be good for forum groups and for people to sell things to only their friends (but then most users normally accept friend requests from everyone XD )

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 16 July 2015 at 10:07 AM

@megadash

You can now hold private, friend list-only creature auctions. ❤️ Thanks for the suggestion.