Halloween Creature Suggestion: Halloyena

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 21 September 2015 at 7:53 PM

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/eaglestar222/Mobile Uploads/CAM00030_zpsdk638s4o.jpg

Color information: The Halloyena has brown/tan fur with black spots. Its wings are black.

Egg Information: This egg is covered in soft brown fur with black spots, and appears to have a bat-like wing to protect it from rain and frost. Every now and then, the egg seems to yip. The more frequent the yipping, the closer the Halloyena is to hatching.

More about the Halloyena: These social creatures are pack hunters who prefer to take their prey by night. They have a distinctive laugh-like bark that they use to communicate with one another. Old texts speak of Halloyenas as harbingers of death, and there are still superstitions around Ark that claim that hearing the laugh of a Halloyena means that you have one day left to live.

The SAR refutes these claims, stating that the Halloyena is more likely to scavenge their prey than to attack a living creature. When they do hunt, they pick off the weak and sick members of a herd. Commonly, they hunt in the savannah near Leila, and they are not picky in choosing the species of their quarry.

#creaturesuggestion
#halloyena

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 21 September 2015 at 7:56 PM

@scorch_cloud222
Ooooo, I like it! Any canine creature is cool to me XD Hmm, imagine having them flying around and laugh-barking at night...I would be scared 😋 Love the description. ^^

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 21 September 2015 at 7:58 PM

@iceiceice

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. 😊

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 21 September 2015 at 8:11 PM

@scorch_cloud222 I like it, I haven't seen a hyena creature before. 😊 I love the description, it's a bit eerie.

Adding it now!

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 21 September 2015 at 9:24 PM

@scorch_cloud222 Truly supporting this. ❤️ This is amaaazzinnng! 😊 ❤️ Love the wings and the eyes. 😃 ❤️ Woot! ❤️ Pings? 😸

@spiritkoi ❤️
@immortalraven
@kodakthewolf
@polaroid

Deleted • 22 September 2015 at 6:27 AM

@scorch_cloud222 I love it! 😃❤️ nice job 😸

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 22 September 2015 at 6:56 AM

@scorch_cloud222

Very cool, a hyena with wings!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 September 2015 at 3:04 PM

@scorch_cloud222 This is cool! I really like it. ^^ The only thing is the wing should start more at the shoulder instead of the neck, but that's a small thing. I really hopes it gets made, I would want a creature like this. 😃

Female
2,450 posts

ida92 • 23 September 2015 at 4:05 AM

@scorch_cloud222 I like this creature, especially the first stage. 😊