Silence Notifications

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you find notification pop-ups annoying?

Female
1,796 posts

han • 19 October 2015 at 7:16 AM

I'm 99.999% sure this is not already a feature but let me know if I am wrong!

Although I think Notifications can be really helpful, they can also be a bit irritating.

For example, someone comments on your wall, you click the notification to close it, you go to a different page, and the notification pops up again. Although the person only commented once, the notification appears twice, so it makes you think they've commented more than once.

I think it would be convenient to have an option to "silence" notifications. This would make the pop-ups disappear, but instead, the number of new notifications would appear next to the Notifications link.

So, if the same scenario was repeated, but you had chosen to silence your notifications, there would be no pop-up, and the Notifications link would read "Notifications (1)".

This way, you would still be able to see when you had a new notification, but you wouldn't have to close a ton of pop-ups (this is especially helpful when there are lots of notifications and you don't have time to close all of them)

I hope you like this idea!
#hannah #snowysuggests

Female
752 posts

hayleysmith • 19 October 2015 at 7:45 AM

@snowball888111 I think this is a great idea because i always get annoyed, especially because sometimes when I'm at college I come home and I have like 20 notifications, and they just keep popping up everytime I go to a new page. I don't mind it so much when its just one or two but more than 10 is sooo annoying! So I second this 😊

Female
1,796 posts

han • 19 October 2015 at 7:46 AM

@hayleysmith
Haha yes, I'm glad you know what I mean! 😊

3,399 posts

bun • 19 October 2015 at 10:27 PM

@snowball888111
Yes please. ;3;

I don't normally keep my creatures fed all the time (I just toss them into Tims when they get hungry) so

having 200+ notifications of hungry creatures

on mobile

where i can't delete them all

and i can't even get to the sidebar until they all disappear.

this needs to happen. xD

Female
1,796 posts

han • 19 October 2015 at 10:29 PM

@_black3333_
Haha, I haven't played on mobile so I'm not sure what that's like but.. I can imagine o.o"
I'm glad you agree 😊

Female
2,433 posts

ida92 • 21 October 2015 at 4:12 AM

@snowball888111 I love this idea! Those notifacations can really get on my nerves, especially when I'm feeding creatures.

Female
1,796 posts

han • 21 October 2015 at 9:38 AM

@ida92 thanks!! and yes, i agree D: it can really be a distraction / nuisance x)

--also, just wanted to clarify something, this won't get rid of notifications, it will just allow people an option to make sure that they don't pop up (but the number of notifications will still be shown)!! n__n