Worlds Signup and Discussion

in Roleplaying

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 September 2016 at 7:28 PM

So here's the discussion and sign up topic for "Worlds away from home!" You can find the RP topic, with the plot intro, here.

TLDR plot: You're living your life when you begin to have dreams of living another life in another world. You begin exhibit traits/powers/ect. of this other you and in an attempt to gain answers you find a portal to another world, a sort of in between world where artifacts and creatures from other worlds/universes/dimensions can be found. Here you start becoming the other/real you. Something or someone has ripped you from your world and put you on Earth for some unknown purpose, here in this in between world you can discover the how, why, who, and how to get home.

Rules:
-This is a literate roleplay. Please try to use proper grammar, spelling, and post more than a couple sentences when you post.
-No godmodding
-No perfect characters
-Do not kill other people's characters
-Follow all Egg Cave rules or else (seriously). This includes:
-No swearing
-No romance roleplaying

About Characters:
Your character can be anything from any universe. (OC, video game, book, ect.) When you are on Earth you are a normal human version of your character. When you enter the "in between" world you start to change into the true version of your character. You can start 1 or two small personal items (book, jewelry, ect.) from your true version all other equipment can be found the "in between" world. If you have any sort of powers you also need to have some sort of weakness or limitation on those powers.

At this time you can have up to 5 characters. This may be lifted as the RP progresses.

Character form:
Part 1 (Earth version):
Name:
Personality:
Other:

Part 2 (true version, if name/age/ect. different from part 1 please include, personality should stay the same):
Origin World/Universe:
Species (if non-human):
Appearance (if different):
Any powers w/ weakness:
Other:

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 September 2016 at 7:29 PM

My Characters:

Part 1:
Name: Delenia "Del" Wakoska
Appearance: Tall and lanky with short pixie-cut black hair cut short enough in the back to expose the back of her neck but cut longer in the front (down past her chin); dark brown almost black eyes and light brown skin; tattoos in the pattern of Jupiter's clouds cover both forearms and the backs of her hands; more tattoos, this time in a circuit pattern run down her spine
Personality: She's a show off and a bit of an adrenaline junkie and at times can be too proud and overconfident of her skills and abilities; she's open to new people and experiences and is willing to give anyone/thing a fair shot; she can hold a grudge with the best of them, if you hurt her or her friends you will regret it maybe not right away but one day you will pay
Other: Wears a stone pendant (personal item from true self). Working on a masters degree in astrophysics hopes to join NASA

Part 2:
Origin World/Universe: OC, Grew up on Jupiter's moon Europa, citizen of the Sol System Alliance
Species: Human
Appearance (if different): Same
Any powers w/ weakness: Her tattoos are actually part of a network of military-grade implants across her body, these implants allow her to interface with electronics and preform complex actions like fly a spaceship. These implants do not work on all electronics only those that allow for some sort of wireless connection and even then its only technology that comes from her world that she can fully interface with. She has an alien artifact living within her. This artifact is largely dormant and little is known about it, the only thing it seems to do is make Del a little less vulnerable to damage and recover from damage a little faster.
Other: is the pilot of the mercenary spaceship the Chimera

Part 1:
Name: Toshra Odesseiron
Appearance: fluffy, medium length black hair, blue-green eyes, pale skin, medium height, decently strong and muscular (not buff but defined muscles), very dexterous
Personality: very out going and charismatic, she is something of a trickster/prankster, it takes a lot to anger her but when she does get angry you do not want be the target of her wrath
Other: has an old "diary" and ring that she takes/wears everywhere (personal items from true self); is a member (female lead singer and guitar player) of a small metal band

Part 2:
Origin World/Universe: Faerun (Baldur's Gate, D&D Forgotten Realms setting)
Species: Half-elf
Appearance (if different): all of the above but ears are now pointy and she has a number of scars
Any powers w/ weakness: Bard/Skald, can cast spells but only a limited number per day and only if she learns them the night before from her spellbook; proficient in using quarterstaves, longswords, and katanas; due to past experiences has an intense fear of being caged or otherwise imprisoned, being caged leads to mental breakdown with her alternately crying motionless in a corner or recklessly trying to get out to the point of injuring herself
Other: "diary" is actually her spellbook, the ring is enchanted to emotionally link the wearer to the wearer of the second ring in the pair (currently has no effect); is one of the Bhaalspawn

Part 1:
Name: Xanlea
Appearance: tall and a little stocky; dark red, kinda shaggy hair; golden brown eyes
Personality: quite and reserved, takes failures hard closing up emotionally, is calm and focused under pressure but tends to fall apart afterward, perceptive noticing little details about environments and people
Other: wears a stone pendant (personal item from true self); is currently interning at a hospital

Part 2:
Origin World/Universe: OC, same universe as Del
Species (if non-human): Tulan (description below)
Appearance (if different): bipedal humanoid with bowed backwards legs; a long, thick, tapering tail; thick horns on his head the curve upwards; covered in short cinnamon colored fur; this fur forms a longer thick mane on his head, it is also longer along his spine and creates a fluffy tip on the end of his tail; has semi-retractable talons on his fingers and toes
Any powers w/ weakness: Implants in hands, forearms, and tail, these implants are of a lesser quality than Del's (he can't interface at as deep a level as she can) and are not displayed like hers are otherwise they function the same
Other: is an outstanding doctor and surgeon with knowledge of multiple alien physiologies (including human)

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 1 October 2016 at 4:44 PM

@Orderedchaos this looks pretty neat :0

Part 1
Name: Callisto Sauveterre
Appearance: Short (5'1) and fairly scrawny. Their skin is pale and dusted with a light blush. Callisto's hair is a very, very light blonde (almost white, really) and is cut above their ears in a wavy mop. Their hands are almost always a bit red, usually rubbed raw from being wrung too much. They have large, circle-framed glasses that they need to see.
Personality: Callisto is of the anxious, nervous sort, but they're also rather friendly. They assume the best about people and can come off a bit naive at times, being a bit too trusting (especially of those they know and care about). They fidget quite a bit, be it with their hands or whatever they happen to be holding at the time.
Other: They grew up in Chamonix, France, so their first language is French and they have a bit of an accent. They're quite interested in astronomy and astrophysics.

Part 2
Origin World/Universe: OC, originates from a planet called 'Caetera' located in a small, binary solar system in the Andromeda Galaxy.
Species: Windigo
Appearance: Windigo are bipedal. Their legs are bowed backwards, much like the hind legs of a deer. As their planet is very cold and covered in snow and ice for the better part of the year, they have thick, white coats of fur that cover their entire body. They have paws for both hands and feet, and sharp, retractable claws. Their teeth are sharp and canine-like--they're clearly carnivores. Their eyes are black, but not beady. In this form, Callisto is only 4'11.
Any powers w/ weakness: All Windigo possess some small form of magic; Callisto's being healing magic. However, this directly saps their energy and they can die if they try to heal a wound too large. It's not very powerful magic, either--Callisto wouldn't be able to heal much more than a small gash.
Physically, Callisto is weak for a Windigo, but much stronger than a human. Their greatest asset is their intellect, and though this would help them as a leader in dire situations, they're typically too timid to assert themself.
Other: They worked with a team to begin inventing quicker means for interstellar and intergalactic travel--they were nearing success before the events that ripped them away from their universe. They also still need their glasses.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 October 2016 at 5:29 PM

@ems
Looks good. Your character is accepted. 😃 We'll probably start after we get one more person to join.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 1 October 2016 at 11:42 PM

@Orderedchaos

Part 1 (Earth version):
Name: Muse Petrell
Appearance: They have short cut wavy light brunette hair with darker streaks running through it. They have warm orangish-brown eyes.
Personality: Prankish, Muse is very mischievous and has a skewed moral compass on what is right and wrong, and always finds joy in giving other what they believe to be their "just deserts". She views the world for what it is, and that is not always a good thing as it results in them having a much harsher perspective on how they act and what affects everything has.
Other: They constantly flip between using female and gender neutral pronouns. Muse also has an arm bracelet of a winding jade snake that was from her true self.

Part 2:
Origin World/Universe: OC, an almost alternate Earth upon which creatures of myth exist and inter breed with humans and other such creatures.
Species (if non-human): Half-trickster
Appearance (if different): Very much the same, but their ears are pointed and her eyes give off a very bright orange glow.
Any powers w/ weakness: Tricksters possess the ability to create illusions, perform simple spells for defense and hiding and to perform telekinetic feats, for Muse being half human, she is unable to form solid illusions, and thus hers always give off a misty appearance and are easier to break with a simple swipe through them, her magic usage is very low and so even simple spells are a great task to create, as well their telekinetic powers are only able to be used on objects she can see and that are not living.
Other: The bracelet has no effect other than to help keep Muse's powers under balance. Without it they are prone to over loading their powers.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 1 October 2016 at 11:45 PM

@Orderedchaos pst i edited my form a bit because i forgot to add that they have glasses, hope that's cool.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 October 2016 at 12:46 AM

@thebrokenvibe
Looks good. Your character is accepted. 😊

@ems
That's totally fine.

We can start at any time now.

If anyone else wants to join that's cool. Sign ups aren't closed by any means. 😊

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 2 October 2016 at 3:00 AM

@Orderedchaos
Yeee, you posted it C:
I'd like to join if I can!

I had to put this here for now otherwise I'd keep thinking about it, haha~ I'll go back and edit it if I need to or after I think about it some more... = v =

Part 1:
Name: Augustas Pelerin
Appearance: Somewhat dark/tanned skin tone; brown eyes; dark hair typically cut short, gets scruffy when grows out; of average height; fit, though not particularly strong
Personality: Mellow and rather laid-back, letting things happen as they happen; is fond of novelty and curious objects; can be quite opportunistic; his mind doesn't always work linearly and he takes things at face value; generally doesn't put significant effort into things unless he's made up his mind
Other: Owns an old pocket watch. Works as a small-time journalist and does other odd jobs to get by.

Part 2:
Name: August
Origin World/Universe: OC, hitchhiker/traveller, grew up in a human civilization in another universe
Species: Human
Appearance: Rather scratched up but otherwise the same
Any powers w/ weakness: Physically, just his half-hearted punches; will not hesitate to use goods he traded for/finds/steals to fight or protect himself, but is limited to the capacity of such objects, technological or otherwise.
Other: Lives as a hitchhiker, traveling from world to world through time and space, and occasionally universes. Stays at each place for only a short while. Trades unusual items he finds as means of support. Other than telling time, his pocket watch is capable of storing incorporeal things such as memories and coordinates. It often as his traveller's logbook of sorts.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 October 2016 at 12:54 PM

@icymuffin
Oooh, he sounds neat. Totally accepted. 😃

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 3 October 2016 at 9:07 PM

@Orderedchaos

I suppose it's not too late to join?

Part One:
Name: Katherine Valdez
Appearance: Black hair with streaks of purple, waist long. Often shows up in black leather clothing and she has piercing blue eyes.
Personality: Shy and suspicious of everyone, usually lurks in allyways and steals food (What? Her parents died...) from restaurants. she has a fondness of cats and is a quiet and as nimble as one, making her a perfect thief. She also dislikes men.
Other: Is welcome into the territory of some stray cats; Friends with them the way you would be to your pet. She also has a red choker necklace with a gold bell from her true self.

Part Two:
Name: Kat
Origin world/Universe: OC, comes from a world where animals are can turn into humans. Lives in the a rather dark area.
Species: Cat//Human
Appearance: Her human form is the same except for a tail, cat ear, whiskers, sharp claws, fangs, and paws. Her cat form is all black with the same color of blue eyes and choker necklace.
Any powers w/ weakness: As I mentioned, she can turn into a cat, and her choker bell is made out of a golden light, able to blind her enemies for a short period of time and allowing her to escape (This can only be used once a day though). However, she usually likes to do anything independently, causing her to be ineffective against numbers. Kat is also capable of dark magic, but currently doesn't know how to use any.
Other: Now that it has been revealed about her past, she likes fish... like, a lot. Also she has a desire to chase fast furry things.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 October 2016 at 9:15 PM

@blackcatvenus
Looks ok, your character is accepted.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 3 October 2016 at 9:34 PM

@Orderedchaos

I'll be joining the role play now 😊

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 4 October 2016 at 2:19 AM

@Orderedchaos

Part 1:
Name: Callie Felron
Appearance: Dark bob cut hair with a black-silver gradient at the tips. Dark slate blue eyes and normal skin and build. Is around 5"04. Callie casually wears a plain black tank top and a simple white jacket. They wear simple, although ripped, denim jeans and plain blue sneakers.
Personality: Callie is very apathetic, and is often silent. They don't talk to a lot of people, and likes silence. They love anything that has to do with the mythical umbrella. She prefers anything when they're cold, except for a few certain things. They dislike the heat because of this.
Other: Callie owns a small silver snake ring-like accessory that wraps around her left ring finger. This is the personal object of her true self. She owns a lot of books and shifts between she/them.

Part 2:
Name: Cal Felron
Origin World/Universe: OC, resides in an alternate Earth where magic exists, yet science overpowers it. Lives in a dark forest.
Species (if non-human): Half-Ghost, other side is human.
Appearance (if different): Hair is a bit longer, and fully white. Pale skin, and light slate blue eyes. Her clothing is a a dark navy blue blouse with long white sleeves, a dark, flat skirt, and long stockings with black flats.
Any powers w/ weakness: Like any other ghosts, Cal is able to float and phase through certain walls. She cannot go through walls that are more than a feet and a half thick. Cal also can't float forever, and they can only fly for a few minutes before plummeting to her doom. Cal can also use ice manipulation, which allows her to do things such as lower temperature around her and freeze water in a large area, but she can't make ice out of thin air, or use her abilities in very hot or dry areas. She is also suspectable to hot areas, and ignores them.
Other: Cal owns a small silver snake painted jade wrapped around her left ring finger like a... Ring. This can help her use her abilities better. Their sring snake ring can turn into a scythe around her size through magic that affects the ring. In turn, Cal can't use their powers, including flying.

By the way, I'm going to be busy because of school and exams. Sorry if I don't seem to be responding a lot. Also it took me a century to think whether or not I wanted to join. I was planning on using a Toontown character, but I decided against it.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 4 October 2016 at 9:54 AM

@nightmaremoon12
Looks good, your character is accepted. That's fine if you don't respond a lot or are slow to respond. 😊

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 4 October 2016 at 4:20 PM

@Orderedchaos

I changed my character abit so that her, um, other world name is Kat. Hope that's Ok.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 4 October 2016 at 4:24 PM

@blackcatvenus
Ok, that's fine. One thing you should note, your character can not have been sent by things in your world to this version of Earth. There is something else, something connected to the in-between world, that has transported all our characters to this version of Earth

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 4 October 2016 at 7:04 PM

@Orderedchaos

Ill try to fix that

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 October 2016 at 12:09 AM

Mmm, if it's possible, as we go along could you guys point out any ways I should change or can improve my writing/posts? I don't usually do RPs at all really. Well, maybe 3/4 so far but ended all within a week or two for one reason or another.

@Orderedchaos
I was wondering, how did you want our characters to head to the forest? Just let it happen as it does, within a certain number of in-world days, something else?
Should I even be asking this? haha~ d:

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 10 October 2016 at 12:17 AM

@icymuffin
Pretty much you can have your character head there anytime. I was going to have Xanlea head there soon. Not sure when the other two will head there, we'll see when they want to go.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 October 2016 at 12:28 AM

@Orderedchaos
Okay, thanks!
I'll prod my character along then o v o

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 11 October 2016 at 7:21 PM

@icymuffin

You wanna have our OC's bumping into each other on the way into the forest? I'm making Katherine head there.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 11 October 2016 at 8:48 PM

@blackcatvenus

I haven't actually given much thought to the next post yet, so dunno but I don't see why not

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 27 October 2016 at 7:41 PM

@blackcatvenus
Please don't write actions for my characters, like Xanlea "looking at (kathrine) like she's absurd." You don't know how my characters will react to things.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 27 October 2016 at 7:41 PM

@Orderedchaos

oh sorry :/

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 October 2016 at 8:56 PM

@blackcatvenus

Heeey, I wanted to clarify in case I misunderstood :>

I'm assuming that Katherine didn't actually literally disappear into a different world, right? She's just remembering/seeing something & still right there in the forest?

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 30 October 2016 at 8:57 AM

@icymuffin

Yea, a vision.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 November 2016 at 9:54 PM

Contents of Xanlea's backpack (so that I don't forget):
-flashlight
-pocket knife
-snack food (beef jerky, chex mix, some cookies)
-tablet
-water bottle
-flask
-first aid kit (from his car)

He packed this with the idea that he'd just walk into the woods and, if he found nothing, read for awhile.