Pokemon Sun & Moon

in Entertainment

Which will you get?

Female
430 posts

starshine_01 • 23 November 2016 at 7:05 AM

I'm still pretty slow in the game. 😋 Just finished the Lush Jungle Trial in Island 2 (Forgot what it's called). 😋

My team consists of...
Torracat lvl 32
Wishiwashi lvl 30 (I need a Water type, plus it's stats are soo powerful in school form)
Toucan lvl 30 (I wanna replace it with another pokemon, but not sure which one)
Munchlax lvl 30 (The gift Pokemon company gave to us, wanna replace it too)
Charjabug lvl 30 (It evolves to Vikavolt and it's stats are high)
Fomantis lvl 30 (It evolves to Lurantis and its stats are also high xD)

As you can see from above, I really care about their stats. x3

@raccoon

Is Bewear so powerful? 😱 Wow, gotta get one when I encounter it and probs replace Munchlax with it.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 24 November 2016 at 9:20 PM

@starshine_01

Mine has carried my team through the game lol. Make sure if you catch one that it has the ability 'Fluffy'. It halves damage taken by physical moves. Give it some leftovers and it just heals back up after each hit. Gave mine brick break, baby-doll eyes, thrash, and brutal swing. Probably the most tanky pokemon i've ever played through the games with.

Final team update: (All level 60+)

Archer - Decidueye
Dandelion - Ribombee
Weesnaw - Mudsdale
Sherbert - Bewear
Bakugo - Turtonator
Purrsia - Persian (/sad bc i had to evolve him)

Beat the main game and have spent the time afterwards shiny hunting. 😊

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 9 December 2016 at 3:27 PM

So I decided to get Sun and traded for the full starter team I wanted. Currently trying to get a female popplio with a modest nature and was trading around to see if I could get one, but just got with a rowlet with POKERUS. x.x I'll just breed for the natures I want since I have all 3 now.

Got my entire team infected with it so if anyone needs it for competitive play, let me know

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 9 December 2016 at 3:28 PM

Level 100 magikarp challenge success! 😃

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 10 December 2016 at 4:30 AM

15 days till I can play. Which version should I play? @gogetavegito2498 @element @raccoon @starshine_01

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 10 December 2016 at 6:29 AM

Oh, hmm, I just made it to the second island, my game's Moon and my team is the following:

Ledian
Cutiefly
Spinarak

Plus my Litten which evolved into a Torracat, but he can't hang around in my party forever, because I'm doing a Bug-type challenge~! Oh, and I think everyone's level 17-19 or roundabouts ^U^

The trials seem like fun, I love the realistic scaling, and how it's like you're exploring a bit of a culture within the game~. I think this one has a new level of creative energy to it compared to the past few games, and a sense of humor, which I can't ever remembering appreciating in Pokemon games before, at least not regularly ^^" It's great~

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 10 December 2016 at 9:21 AM

@emeraldstar
I got Sun, mostly because of Lycanroc & Alolan Ninetales, but the GTS makes trading so easy these days. Not too sure what the version differences are plot-wise.

@asi
I trained too much and have my team at level 26-27 -.- Turned out to be a good thing though for that 2nd trial since that totem pokemon kept getting its HP restored.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 10 December 2016 at 10:44 AM

@element Yeah. Lycanaroc and Alolan Ninetales are awesome. Ninetales has been my fave pokemon for ages but I love the Alolan version even more. I almost got a free Munchlax with my game. Sadly we payed the one pound extra than the normal version for a version without Munchlax. So annoying!

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 10 December 2016 at 4:04 PM

@element

I thought I had trained a bit more than I needed to for the first trial... But you think I'll need ten more levels for the next one? I hope there's enough route that I don't have to grind a ton for it then... ^^"

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 10 December 2016 at 6:26 PM

@emeraldstar
Lyanroc is adorable and live the new design for ninetales and raichu!
Really? No munchlax :/ That's not fair!

@asi
Maybe not 10...around 5? It's on lv. 20. My dartrix was having a difficult time because it called for an Alomomola that kept using heal pulse. Also having a special attacker and wide ranging attacks will help for the totem Pokemon.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 10 December 2016 at 6:33 PM

@element

Well, if it's water then I guess my Torracat won't be any good, but my bug team is mostly special attackers, and a few of my guys can learn grass moves... I have a few wide ranging attacks right now, though I'm not sure if they'll be powerful enough by the time I get there, hmm.
But at least I won't have a type disadvantage. My team can only tremble in fear at the thought of fire, rock and such types CX

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 December 2016 at 9:42 PM

@emeraldstar
Have you tried seeing if he appears as an internet gift? He isn't automatically straight in the game if that's what you thought.

My party is
Arcanine lv 62
Exeggutor lv 61
Decidueye lv 67
Snorlax lv 63
Lycanroc (Midday) lv 66
Golduck lv 61

I am up to battling Blue and the first time I was under leveled but I nearly defeated him despite only having two Pokemon near lv 65 when battling him. I'm probably going to try again now and see how I go

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 10 December 2016 at 10:43 PM

@asi
Yeah xP That'll be the next trial then.
Watch out for soak! It'll cut the power of STAB moves ;.; My brionne ended up pulling through in the end.

Good luck! Tell me how it goes!

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 11 December 2016 at 2:32 AM

@element

STAB moves? What are these, please explain ^^"

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 11 December 2016 at 4:05 AM

@asi
STAB: same type attack bonus

I defeated Blue and now I have the lovely IV checker. It's so much better this generation!

I still need to find the Ultra Beasts and go into the areas I didn't go to during my run of the game.

I love the Island Scans! I've already found a Totodile, Luxray and Chikorita. If anyone would like one I'm happy to trade some away!

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 11 December 2016 at 4:12 AM

@mastergemma

Thanks~ Oh wow, I always knew there was a bonus to attacks of your own type, but I never realized it was as big as 50% o.o

I clearly do not play these games in any kind of a technical way X3 In fact, I'm only now catching by nature, and I've been playing since Silver... CX

I hear Ultra Beasts aren't very good stat wise compared to legendaries... I don't know what Ultra Beasts ARE yet of course, but it's cool to have a rare alternative to the awkwardly large and steadily growing legendary population ^U^

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 11 December 2016 at 4:13 AM

I don't play, but I've heard that there are some silly evolutions.

Hawaii? Aloha? I'm not sure what they were called, but exeggcute looked like a pine tree. c:

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 11 December 2016 at 4:28 AM

@asi
I don't know why Game Freak decided it was a good idea to have a lot of legendary Pokemon. Just stick with ~5-7 per generation!

I find that knowing how strong Pokemon can be with the right training can provide hundreds more hours of game play training and then battling with your competitive Pokemon. I only started learning a year ago and there's still a lot that I don't know.

Yeah, the STAB damage is HUGE! I don't understand why it is that number but it's great. I wonder if it increases heals by 50% as well.

I'm very upset that some of the Mega Pokemon won't be available this generation. You cannot find Altarianite + other stones and it's horrible, I just want my fluffball!

@bunnyshadow
It's Alola and it's based on Hawaii. There's different forms of Pokemon in this place due to evolution. The Sandshrew form is very cute and a few of them don't make sense.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 11 December 2016 at 4:31 AM

@mastergemma

Why is it based on Hawaii only?

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 11 December 2016 at 4:34 AM

@mastergemma

Thank you. I will look in fourteen days (I'm getting the game for Christmas) We ordered it and there was a picture of a free Munchlax on the packet. When we went and bought it from the same store the Munchlax wasn't on the package so I have my fingers crossed. I'm still stuck when it comes to starters, who should I pick? They're all too cute!

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 11 December 2016 at 4:43 AM

@bunnyshadow

There wasn't much by the way of new evolutions, but some old pokemon were reinvented for the new region, like environmental adaptation, you know? That's new for Pokemon.

In my opinion, they missed out a serious opportunity for hula skirt Jynx CX

And I'm pretty sure a pine tree is not what you meant- palm tree perhaps? ^^"

EDIT: it's based on Pacific Islands generally I think (:

@mastergemma

Yeah, I agree- they should do more interesting things with currently existing pokemon more than create new ones too... ^^"

I want to get into that stuff, but unfortunately I don't manage to spend that much time playing, in fact, I barely keep up with each generation now. The last few games I haven't even finished before the next one came out.... X3

Good question! A quick google hasn't helped me, hmm CX

Ah, Mega Evolution... I think I used you like once X3
I'm so old school C''''X

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 11 December 2016 at 10:19 AM

@asi Which starter do you think I should pick? And Jynx in a hula skirt, I'm almost crying right now. It's awesome.. Yet kinda funny too! The alolan version Vaporeon drawing is cute, shame that didn't happen. I have my fingers crossed for more eeveelutions too! A steel, ghost or flying type would make me really happy. The steel one could be a robot, the ghost one could be a purple ghost fox and the flying one can have wings. Yash. XD.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 11 December 2016 at 10:38 AM

@asi
Yeah, then factor in boost from the held item of your pokemon and weather conditions as well 😊

@mastergemma
I think it depends on the type of healing move used. Morning sun and moonlight are boosted or hindered by weather/time, but recovery is always the same. Heal pulse, wish, etc. always restores the same amount of HP. Healing moves that deal damage rely on STAB, effectiveness & held items like big root to determine the percent of HP recovered.

Do you use Pokebank? Try transfering over the pokemon holding the stones you want over to this game when it updates next month. Maybe that'll do the trick.

12 posts

yashen • 11 December 2016 at 12:31 PM

@mastergemma you can buy half of the stones at the battle uh tree (battle tree seriously? No one at Nintendo could have given it a more interesting name?) But the rest are unobtainable so far (rip mega loppuny)

And no stab does not affect healing, it heals an exact percentage (tested until gen 6 not sure about 7)

@emeraldstar just pick whichever you like, you can always get the others through gts or pokebank + reset game

Edit: hate autocorrect

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 11 December 2016 at 1:09 PM

@yashen Ok. 😊

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 11 December 2016 at 4:38 PM

@emeraldstar

Well, whichever one you like the most CX I think Rowlet has the best overall design, but it may also be the hardest to use- its stats aren't so good I think.

Popplio seems to have less type disadvantages than the others, and its special stats at least are very good, so I'd say that's a pretty sound choice! But the final design is, uh, pretty girly, and I know a friend who got very frustrated over the fact that they have a 87.5% male gender ratio ^^"

And Litten, well... No, I can't justify that last stage really, though I do think it looks cool... X3 The stats are all round alright, pretty bulky *shrug*

So it depends what you want them for! ^^" Good luck~

@element

There aren't many good items you can get early on, I think... Though I'm not as familiar with items as I should be- any you like to use? (:

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 11 December 2016 at 5:57 PM

@asi
You get expert belt and scope lens on the second island and those can be very handy for upping the damage of super effective hits and likeliness of critical hits.

Loved how the fire trial was executed though. Salazzle is one heavy hitter.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 12 December 2016 at 6:39 AM

If anyone wants a starter I'm happy to breed one for you! I currently do not have Popplio but I can easily get it within an hour.

Pokemon 2000 was on tv today and I'm so upset that I only got to see the end! It's one of my favourite Pokemon movies and I absolutely love it to pieces!

@asi
Hula skirt Jynx, I love it!! oh my gosh it would be amazing to see a group of Pokemon cosplayers in Hawaiian outfits to celebrate SuMo!

I would absolutely LOVE for more things to happen with the current Pokemon than with new Pokemon. SuMo is a nod to generation one and it's great for genwunners. I'm kinda a genwunner because I adore that generation but I also adore the 2nd and third generation.

I haven't finished a Pokemon game aside from Alpha Saphire so I'm proud that I did this in under 50 hours XD

@bunnyshadow
In the Pokemon world they have different regions and in Sun and Moon the creators based in on Hawaii. The first four regions are based on different parts of Japan and Unova is based on the US.

@emeraldstar
If you want, when you get the game I can trade you a Rowlet and a Litten as I can breed some. I don't currently have a Popplio but I'm sure I'll be able to get one soon. I chose Rowlett as my starter as I liked it the most.

@element
You cannot transfer items. I had this talk and I wanted to cry. This also prevents things like masterballs from being transferred from different games etc. Plus the SuMo update for Pokemon Bank is still a while away...

@yashen
I saw that that's how we get the stones and I'm going to cry trying to get all those points without competitively trained Pokemon. I'm currently trying to find a high IV Ditto in the wild. So far, I'm not doing so well but I did find a hidden ability Ditto.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 12 December 2016 at 7:13 AM

@mastergemma Thank you so much! 😊 I think I'll go with Popplio.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 12 December 2016 at 7:57 AM

@mastergemma
Ah, they changed it then :/ Good luck getting those stones! I heard the update would happen in January? That's not too far away.