/~<Music chat>~\

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,873 posts

mairbear • 21 February 2017 at 6:52 PM

@chloelove

What was the TV show? And their style isn't so unique. Honestly, they just have the best publicity but they basically do what all the acapella groups do xD You should check out Vocal Point 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 21 February 2017 at 6:58 PM

@mairbear

Well I don't remember what the name of the show was cause it's not from the US. It was one from Australia, and so yeah I don't know. I just added a few more vids of Lindseys to my list, there were some I've not seen, or heard yet. Yeah I will see what Vocal Point is that a talent show? Isn't it the kind of music you'd listen to while studying Lindseys stuff?

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 21 February 2017 at 7:21 PM

I love a huge variety of music. Country, techno, dubstep, pop, rock. It goes on and on.

Janji - Heroes Tonight is my song right now to be honest.

Also, Halsey is amazing.

I love anything with a sick bass because my truck has an amazing bass system and it just sounds so amazing.

But country. My first love.

If anyone has any songs with super sick beats/bass to recommend, I'd appreciate it!

@chloelove

I agree. Lindsey Stirling is amazing. I love her. I want to see her next time she comes my way. The first song I heard by her was 'Take Flight.'

I love a lot of her collabs, like the song 'Shatter Me' and 'We Are Giants.'

She blows me away.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 21 February 2017 at 7:28 PM

@April__

OMG yeah I believe that her concerts sell out fast. I know that she does tours, but I think it's nice to see it in person. What's amazing is her dancing while she's playing the violin at the same time, there's no other violinist that does that. I've heard other violinist, but her style is different from theirs. Like Vanessa Mae and David Garrett they're both good violinists and they both have done concerts, but it's different from Lindseys style, since hers would include dancers. And listening to Shatter Me right now LOL

@mairbear

She did a song with Pentatonix and played in the background it's on my list called Radioactive

Female
313 posts

playdate • 22 February 2017 at 4:48 PM

Should I make this a club or keep it a chat

4 posts

thatdancer-bri • 23 February 2017 at 1:38 PM

Hi! I'm new here, and this forum really caught my eye. I really like Skillet, Twenty One Pilots, Straight No Chaser, Fall Out Boy, Melanie Martinez... Lots of stuff!! Also, I really like Crystallize from Lindsay Sterling. I actually play the violin! It's pretty cool

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 23 February 2017 at 1:40 PM

@chloelove

She's so good. Not a lot of my friends know about her so it's neat to come on here and find someone else that likes her as much as I do.

I love the beat to her music so much. And my truck sound system makes it sound amazing, omg.

@thatdancer-bri

That's super cool that you play the violin! I play the clarinet and the piano. Always wanted to learn violin though.

Female
313 posts

playdate • 23 February 2017 at 1:45 PM

@thatdancer-bri
I love Melanie and TOP lol

4 posts

thatdancer-bri • 23 February 2017 at 1:49 PM

@april__
You should try to learn! It's really fun, and you can probably get a cheap violin for about 60 dollars at your local music shop.

@playdate
Cool! Another band-type thing is Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip. If you check them out you'll see why I'm hesitant to call them a band. I highly recommend "Angles" by them 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 23 February 2017 at 1:49 PM

@playdate

If you were to make this a club you'll have to plan lots of events and it will take some time on your hands if you have that it is. Having it as a chat is just fine tho, I mean it's been a long time since I've actually seen a music chat on here.

@April__

After her album came out she really took off and got really popular cause she was also doing her tours. And she's the only violinist out there that can play and dance at the same time. That's what I know her for doing the best, but she performs well even while she's dancing too.

@mairbear

I've added more of her songs on the YT list there's over 30 songs you can listen to now including one with Pentatonix called Radioactive.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 23 February 2017 at 1:51 PM

@chloelove
I love watching her music videos.

And just to butt in, her cover with Pentatonix of Radioactive is AMAZING.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 23 February 2017 at 1:52 PM

@April__

Yeah I also like Pentatonix so when they got together and did a song I was like whoa! LOL I just liked it so much too.

Female
313 posts

playdate • 23 February 2017 at 1:54 PM

@chloelove
Good point

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 23 February 2017 at 1:55 PM

@thatdancer-bri OMSC TWENTY ONE PILOTS IS ALLLL IL
LISTEN TO. Well, I listen to other stuff, but you know...

I play the drum set and the ukulele. I used to play flute, but I'm impatient...

4 posts

thatdancer-bri • 23 February 2017 at 1:57 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Oh cool! I went to one of their concerts last July, it was really fun. I was about ten feet from where they performed for a part of the show (there was this platform thingy where they just... appeared and they played Johnny Boy and I cried)

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 23 February 2017 at 2:01 PM

@thatdancer-bri RUUUUUUDDDEEE WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE ME??? My friend is crying picturing it. I'm at school rn. I'm saving up to get myself a ticket to a concert IF I can find someone to take me *cough cough person sitting next to me* I love their stunts! My dad asked who was cuter and I said "Dad, Tyler and Josh are equal. You don't just decide on that...but Tyler is a married man, so anyone only has a shot at the drummer." His tattoos on his arm, though... ❤️.❤️

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 23 February 2017 at 2:17 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Rant in progress...
XD
I like TØP, though, they have some good songs n' stuffs.

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 23 February 2017 at 3:00 PM

@flowerlynx *Loading sign*
Their music has so many alleged "Hidden meanings" that I like to try and decipher. So far, Ruby is about a girl with down syndrome that goes to Tyler and Josh's church and inspires them, A Car, A Torch, A Death is about how Tyler learns why God died, and the like. If anyone has any requests, I'll take 'em! Trees is pretty sad...>.< I always cry when I listen to it...

CONCERT HERE I COME!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 23 February 2017 at 3:16 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Oh... I've never even been to any concert before. :0

Female
313 posts

playdate • 23 February 2017 at 3:18 PM

@flowerlynx
Butting in I've been to one

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 23 February 2017 at 4:44 PM

@playdate
Lucky... 😊

Female
2,873 posts

mairbear • 23 February 2017 at 10:04 PM

@chloelove

Omgg I'm listening to this Radioactive cover and I'm in love ❤️ I'm a fan of Imagine Dragons, Pentatonix, and Lindsey now too XD This is so good ^^

Oh and to answer your earlier question that I totally forgot to answer, Vocal Point is an acapella group. Obviously nowhere near as good as Pentatonix but I really like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihJAnN97Lqo 😸

Oh and re: concerts. I've only been to like one major concert ... and that was a Britney Spears concert from like aaaagees okay xD I like to listen to musical performances in pubs and clubs though 😊 It's a quieter atmosphere and the music isn't overwhelmingly loud. .... I guess I'm not a big concert person xD

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 23 February 2017 at 10:25 PM

@mairbear

Yay! Glad you like it and we have somewhat similar taste in music. I just listened to the Vocal Point, yeah they sound pretty good! I really wish more ppl did acapella, what's wrong with singing like that I mean really. I don't think that it's ever caught on because some groups have done it before. You should really appreciate a persons vocal sound when they sing. I kinda like operish songs too, might sound kinda weird I love Sarah Brightman and Highland, the highlander sings in italian, but it sounds so pretty that I was hooked.

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 24 February 2017 at 2:55 AM

I've never been to an actual concert. I've been to one concerning the Hooley Dooleys (a rip-off Wiggles group) but that was so long ago that I only remember a colouring book with a signature.

I'm waiting for an artist I really like to have a concert where I am. I missed out on the Evanescence one from a couple of years ago and I'm hoping that Sophie Ellis Bextor or Dido decide to have a concert here.

I wish that internet singers would have concerts. Then I would want to go to a Miracle of Sound concert (and hope that it features Sharm).

Female
313 posts

playdate • 24 February 2017 at 9:22 AM

True @mastergemma