Dead/Dying Coves

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 3:57 AM

I suggest inactive coves be deleted from the system and all cave creatures return to the cave & LE, CS and all rares go to the adoption center or are put into a store where they can be purchased with ec or something.

I know lots of us spend months trying to save coves, trying to save rare creatures, but for what purpose really? After six months, coves should be forfeited. You'd save a lot of space & free up names and give every one a chance at those creatures that can't be claimed otherwise.

I have been feeding a particular cove for five months now trying to get creatures to level 2000.
I'm about to give up unfortunately.

I also suggest a notation some where on our cove that says when the user last logged in. This would decipher abandoned coves quickly.

What do other people think?

Female
1,079 posts

mangyrawr • 14 September 2011 at 4:06 AM

I normally type 3 letters and a WHOLE LOT OF INACTIVE users are there :/ you try it see what you could find and maybe we could feed lots of cove well look for every cove with eggs and ping the inactive users?

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 4:11 AM

I don't think the critters should go to the adoption center, a group of people would hoard it and adopt everything.

I think all the retired LEs/CashShop Critters should go into a raffle. Like, everyone enters once a day and it cost them like 100 ec.

Female
1,079 posts

mangyrawr • 14 September 2011 at 4:14 AM

@novrain62 who is the user you are feeding everyday?

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 September 2011 at 4:28 AM

@novrain62 @cafe Agreed.

I mean, some users will complain by saying they might need to go away for so long or something, but no access, not able to log in even once in six months, then it's hardly fair that a user like that gets them.
The raffle sounds like it might be a good idea... But I dunno. I think it would be hard for people to hoard the adoption center....

SUPPORT 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:01 AM

@cafe critters could go in adoption center at random times, maybe, and only so many at a time;
we all get on at different times of the day, according to school, work and time differences.

@mangyrawr one in particular is @luna_katt and I have a feeling she passed away or something because she would not have abandoned her cove, but there are many out there

@smilies I like the raffle idea and I like the store idea which would increase feeding coves because people would need to earn ec 😊

I just think it's time to do something about abandoned coves & poor creatures that get left behind. I enjoy the dialogue.

Thank you 😊

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 September 2011 at 5:03 AM

@novrain62 Yeah, I want something to do with my 4.5MIL 😋

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:04 AM

@smilies yeah besides spend millions on travels 😱 thank you for the support 😊

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 September 2011 at 5:06 AM

@novrain62 Now... *Thinks of users with boring long-winded opinions to ping* 😃

221 posts

annapashmina • 14 September 2011 at 5:08 AM

@novrain62 totally agree *nods* 😱

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:14 AM

@annaphashmina thank you for the support 😊

@smilies good luck 😊

I suppose the easiest solution would be to have a 'cancel account' button, however, there would still be adandoned accounts, maybe just less of them.

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 5:18 AM

I still like the raffle, just to be safe 8D That way, everyone gets a chance.

I'm scare a newbie who will probably just kill an egg [it happens] gets an Onny. xD

932 posts

wolfmilk • 14 September 2011 at 5:19 AM

@novrain62
Luna_Kat doesn't exist

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 September 2011 at 5:19 AM

@cafe but how many onnys are under lvl2000?

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 5:22 AM

She/he [Dunno your gender, sorry OP] said all inactive coves be deleted, an all critters be put -somewhere- so others get a chance to adopt.

And, if the accounts are deleted to make more room, the 2000 and up shouldn't be deleted along with it.

Also, it's @luna_katt

//Have her on the @RDBP//

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:22 AM

@wolf_milk try @luna_katt with 2t's, sorry 😱

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 September 2011 at 5:27 AM

OMG FIRST STAGE FROZEN FLORN DYING?!?! Ian you can't let this happen D:

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:31 AM

@cafe if you read my profile then you'll know my gender

@smilies it happens every where ☚ī¸

and, if there is going to be a babysitting service to help dying coves, then shouldn't the creatures at the babysitting service be 100 percent happy, not just left to die? lol ironic, indeed.

anyways, that's their business, not mine. I just want to do something about Long Term Abandonment.

** if you abandon your cove and there is a rule in place about six months (not one log in) then you forfeit your creatures. you create an account knowing you actually have to take care of it or make arrangements for long term care if you know you are going to be gone.

*** I have a clause in my WILL in case I pass away to log in and take care of my creatures or hand my account over to some one 😱 😱 😱
I'm not getting any younger!! 😋

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 5:37 AM

@novrain62

I gave the RDBP account to my friend, Marina. She's supposed to update the profile for me and keep the eggs with Tims. I'll tell her to put them with Tims when she's on.

Also, I do like the thing where you can see the person's last log in.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 September 2011 at 5:40 AM

@cafe cool! i will feed there as much as I can; that is a very long list!! I'm sure there are many more ☚ī¸
thank you for adding @luna_katt

I, too, like the person's last long in. This way we all know the cove is not active and for how long.

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 5:44 AM

@novarain62

It's sad, it's a long list but it's probably only a fraction of the dead accounts.

I mean, we [people feeding every day] try hard to keep critters alive. But what's the point, if the person's never going to log on? The eggs will rot either way. Cause they'll be stuck in an inactive account.
My goal is to get the critters to 2000+, and then remove them since the eggs can't die.

And the last log in can tell you if someone is jipping you.
"I can't log on for a month, please feed my eggs D8"
//Week later//
Last log on; Yesterday

//edit//

She was already added 😸 It's how I knew it was Luna_katt instead of Luna_kat

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 15 September 2011 at 4:02 PM

I don't think accounts should be deleted after 6 months of inactivity, but I DO think that instead of dying, creatures should go to the adoption center. That would give people a chance to get rares that they might not otherwise be able to acquire. I don't know how anyone would be able to "hoard" the adoption center.

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 4:05 PM

By hoard, I mean stalk basically. And when a new egg would pop up they'd steal it. It happened when people used the Adoption center to trade critters. [Though most were nice and gave them back]

With the raffle, everyone would get a chance

2,591 posts

celeste • 16 September 2011 at 8:08 AM

@novrain62
I (@pendmxc) had suggested this a while ago, and I was met with ferocious opposition just saying that it was PLAIN RUDE 😋 However, I would like you to know that I strongly support this idea (mainly because I wanted the username @midnight, and it doesn't look like he/she is coming back soon, right?)
These conditions, I feel, will make the whole thing fairer:
~Account has creatures which are close to dying (not counting immortal since people use that to save EC to use on.... travels?)
~Barely ANY or NO wall comments
~Has no status or profile
~Has no featured
~Is NOT in an area currently affected with natural disasters:
(eg. There is a hurricane in Australia, and BAM! It hits NSW, where I live. I can't go on for at least six months because of the terrors, and since I have proof that I live there, my account can't get deleted) @luna_katt, like many other people, may want to hide personal information; maybe she lives in an affected area? The Queensland floods are still affecting Australia. ☚ī¸
As well as that, I suggest a 9-12 month time-frame for users to come back on. 9 months, before an email is sent to the inactive user. 3 months for them to log on. If you're going to play, you've got to at least come on once every year if you can.

Female
375 posts

chocovampire • 16 September 2011 at 8:13 AM

I totally agree

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 September 2011 at 9:11 AM

thank you every one for stating their ideas and concerns. it's definitely an issue worth debating about. hopefully there will a means to an end of abandoned coves.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 16 September 2011 at 5:06 PM

Supported

I definitely like the last login as well, would help shrink my friend list too...

293 posts

dragonfriend • 16 September 2011 at 5:14 PM

What happens to the eggs of deleted users? They should go to the Adoption Center or some sort of pound.

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 17 September 2011 at 12:07 AM

I do admit, I am not too enthusiastic with this idea.

Deleted • 17 September 2011 at 12:24 AM

I think everyone should only be able to get 3 creatures from the AC every hour.