How do I get logged out while I'm playing?

in Problems & Bugs

Has this happened to you?

Female
31 posts

hedgehog • 30 May 2017 at 9:36 PM

Sometimes, I just am playing. I was on for 2-5 minutes, and then suddenly, when I try and do something it says I'm logged out. Has this happened to you? I am on Safari and nothing seems wrong, cuz I play different games on here.

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 5 June 2017 at 12:29 PM

@hedgehog yes, this has been occasionally happening to me recently as well. Sometimes I even automatically get logged into my side storage account while I was originally logged onto my my main! It's very weird. 😱 hope it gets fixed.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 5 June 2017 at 3:26 PM

@hedgehog
I have this issue on chrome occasionally, but I mostly ignore it. It's rare.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 7 June 2017 at 4:30 PM

@hedgehog @birdlover64 @luv I'm sorry to hear that this happens. It really should be happening... like never. There is a "log in expiry time", as in the system should log you out after two weeks automatically.

Is your browser up to date? Do you have the latest updates installed? Please go to whatismybrowser.com and post your browser + version here in this topic so that I might be able to diagnose.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 7 June 2017 at 6:50 PM

@Ian
My browser is apparently Chrome 58 on Windows 10, so I'm one update behind, so that may be part of the problem! I can try and update it.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 June 2017 at 2:29 PM

@luv try updating and let me know if that ends up fixing the issue.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 June 2017 at 3:44 PM

@Ian
I did last night, and I haven't noticed it yet, but I'll keep you updated if I do! 😊

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 13 June 2017 at 6:01 PM

@Ian Well, I'm almost always on a mobile, an iPad to be exact, but my computer is a Windows 7, and my browser is Firefox. Never had it happen whilst using the computer, but it just happened while I was using the iPad. Perhaps it's an issue with me, and not EggCave, idk, but it's getting pretty tiring. I just suddenly appeared logged into my side account, and its starting to get weird.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 19 June 2017 at 5:25 PM

I'm going to attempt to switch over our authentication mechanism to something else. Dunno what's going wrong here. Stay tuned for site blog updates on this issue.

UPDATE 20 JUNE 4:00 PM: We have made changes to our authentication and sessions system that should ideally fix this, although right now we are still actively testing this issue.

If this continues to occur under your account after this date, please write in a ticket specifically that this happened to you instead of posting it on the Forums.