Population 900 RP - Signups {Open}

in Roleplaying

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 2 August 2017 at 1:54 PM

Hello, welcome to the roleplay Population 900!

Looking to roleplay? You should be here >> https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/66356

A lil' bit of backstory:

Many years in the future, the population is too great to be handled. For many years they have tried to cut the population down. Even if that means sending children at the age of 16 to Population Spaceships to fight and prove who is worthy. At the end of each year, the remaining children are sent back down if they have completed at least 5 fights and 7 tests. Each child has to stay on the spaceship for at least 5 years, but there are some exceptions. There are many hidden things about Project Population such as why they have a hidden jail room for the exceptional children, the ones with powers. Will they continue to abide by these rules, or change?

This story takes place on Spaceship Population No. 900, Squad leader and holder of power children

Rules:
Character limit 5
Characters can't be perfect
No profanity
No gore
You must ask permission to do something with someone else's character
Each person is only allowed one magical child, (They are incredibly rare)

Form:

Username:
Name:
Nickname (Optional):
Power (Optional):
Appearance:
Personality:
Family:
Friends:
Crush (Optional):
History:
Other:

Username: @stagfire
Name: Licia
Nickname: She goes by Lily most of the time
Power: She can shapeshift
Appearance: White girl with faint black stripes around her eyes, bald. Mangled brown dress and brown eyes with blue in the center.
Personality: Shy, quiet, frightened constantly, obeying
Family: Mother & Father
Friends: None (Unless you count her guard who is not friendly)
Crush (Optional): N/A,
History: When Licia was born, her mother and father knew she was special and tried to keep it a secret. At the age of 4, Licia accidentally transformed into a dog and the authorities quickly caught on. On her 5th birthday, she was transported to Population 900 and has lived there ever since and was forgotten about in the community.

Name: Rowan
Nickname: (His sister(used to)calls him french toast)
Power (Optional): None
Appearance: Short, shaggy brown hair and green eyes, always tan, long brown coat from his father in the army, jeans.
Personality: Outgoing, friendly, not a rule breaker, protective, altruistic-ish, worrywort, bookworm, cowardlike(ish)
Family: Mother, father, sister, Shannon, dog, Loofa (a corgi)
Friends: Open
Crush (Optional): None at the moment
History: He spent most of his life taking care of his sister and waiting for the Population test, he just stuck to two things in life, and he thought it would stay that way.
Other: His sister, 4 years younger than him, joined at the age of 12 at her own request

Name: Shannon
Nickname (Optional): Shay
Appearance: Red, curly hair and green-blue eyes. Freckles. Brown shorts and blue top.
Personality: Outspoken, indignant, disruptive, loud, demanding, clear
Family: Mother and Father, brother, Rowan and dog, Loofa.
Friends: Open
Crush (Optional): None at the moment
History: She always fell under her brother's reign and although she always couldn't wait until he left for Population, she wanted to go with him to prove herself and of course, turning it around, take care of her brother.
Other: The first child to join the Population ships early

Characters:

Humans:
- Rowan - @stagfire -
- Shannon - @stagfire -
- Nayden - @keesa -
- ???(Froggie) - @neko-sama -
- Kuro - @neko-sama -
- Melody (Mel) - @panda9983 -

Exceptionals;
- Licia - power - shape-shifter - @stagfire -
- Veratrum/Brill - power - Telepathic link with manifestation in her soul / Brill shapeshifts - @keesa -
- Alexander (Alex, Lex) - power - Acid generation - @lightningpaws -
- Angelica (Angel) - power - See others emotions, heal outside wounds - @panda9983 -

Pings, Please ping more people
@starlight123
@neko-sama
@iris1929578
@nightmaremoon12
@avsilly
@keesa

105 posts

keesa • 3 August 2017 at 12:36 AM

Username: Keesa
Name: Nayden
Nickname (Optional): none, feel free to give him some 😸
Power (Optional): none
Appearance: Black hair that's blue tinted (the salon lady said it was temporary, that was two years ago.)
Personality: a over all nice guy, he can be a bit on the awkward side when talking to new people and has troubleft organizing his thought when talking to people he wants to like him (not just crushes, this includes people he wants to be friends with to) Easily flustered Nayden tryst his hardest not to get into trouble. Very polite
Family: parents(hasn't seen them since he was 8) was raised by his grand parents, Clydesdale named Jaya
Friends: was best friends with Veratrum (they were neighbors) until she just disappeared one day about a two years ago. open for new ones!
History: Nayden grew up relatively isolated. He lived in a small town but was homeschooling and far to shy for his own good through most of his childhood. His parents were gone most of the time until one day they just never came back, leaving him to be raised by his grand parents who loved him fiercely. Though he had four 'parents' looking after himy he was lonely until Veratrum moved in and turned his quest life upside down. She was the one who taught him how to overcome his crippling shyness. He was truly happy for a long time until she disappeared and hasn't known what has happened to her since. His family is also very wealthy but he didn't realize it until recently.
Other:secretly scared out of his mind for these tests, doesn't think he'll make it.

Username: Keesa
Name: Veratrum
Nickname (Optional): Veera
Power (Optional): Similar to the golden compass demons, Brill is some kind of manifestation of Veratrum's soul, a being who is a part of her. When one his hurt the other is too and when they are separated for great distances or great petiods of time Brill fades until he's gone all together and later regenerates. It's wel, known that long before his phicall form appears he is present, unable to be seen or touched accept by Veera but can cause slight disturbances in such a state. The two share a mind link and can communicate from anywhere. When Veera is healthy, Brill can shape-shifting into any other kind do of bird but spends most of his time as a blue merlin.
Appearance: dirty blond with expressive hazel eyes and a skin tone that suggests she spends a lot of time out doors.
Personality: Around most people Veera is bubbly and nice, a bit out there on her sense of humor but means well. However since her abduction by the govermentime she's become a lot more bitter. Fear has made her into a sullen hostile person, a far cry from who she used to be.
Family: Two parents, twin sister Etta and Brill
Friends: Nayden
History: When Veratrum was very little she had an imaginary friend she called Brill and for the most part her parents wrote it off as a child's fantasy. As she grew older occasionally strange things would happen around her, gets angry and stuff starts falling off the shelves kind of thing but most just called it a considance and moved on. It wasn'the until Veera was six and another kid started to attack her and was in turn was suddenly Attacked by red hawk or as Veera called him Brill. At this point her parents had to finally come to terms that their daughter was not normal. So they packed up their belongings and used the last of their money to buy a place out in the woods in the hopes of keeping her out of public eye. For the most part they succeeded, Veera lived a very happy, free existence until the age of 15 when they finally found her.
Other: Has a history of attacking any sort of scientists who come near her and wants more than anything to escape. Was finally granted paints in her room after it was clear she was becoming depressesed and needed something to stimulate her before she base so far gone she would not longer be usefull.

Hope this is OK so far, sorry for the two unfinished forms, I'll get them done tomorrow!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 11:49 AM

@keesa

It's wonderful so far, yeah, forms sometimes take awhile to do, that's alright. Also, added a new part to it (It's crushes, felt like people might want the subject, I'm not sure). Tell me when you finish it all! I'll accept it then.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 3 August 2017 at 9:19 PM

@stagfire An interesting concept, just one quick question, by the ask before doing something with someone else's character, does that extend to general interactions like discussing things? Or does it only pertain to things like harmful interactions?

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 9:37 PM

@thebrokenvibe

I think it extends with both controlling what the character is saying in their conversation or harmful interactions. Does that answer your question?

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 3 August 2017 at 9:44 PM

@stagfire

i know three people in real life named Licia, Shannon, and Rowan rofl o3o

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 9:45 PM

@icesparkle22

Omg XD Lmao, how coincidental

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 3 August 2017 at 9:55 PM

@stagfire

i need to show them this lolll they look nothing like their descriptions XD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 10:08 PM

@icesparkle22

Lmao, can't to hear their reactions

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 3 August 2017 at 10:11 PM

@stagfire

one of them's on vacation, one i won't see until school starts, and one's in my swim team whch im going back to in 2 weeks after my vacation lol. their first reaction will probably be "wut" or "cool" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 10:16 PM

@icesparkle22

Lol, that sounds pretty accurate for someone's reaction, mine would be. (And plus many words that have "coincidence" in them)

105 posts

keesa • 4 August 2017 at 11:15 PM

Done for now! I'll probably add another character later but I think I'll start with these guys for now! Sorry that took so long yesterday was just crazy. I hopened their OK but I'm open to any changes you need me to make!
Also sorry for any confusingredients sentences/words, wrote all of this on mobile.

@stagfire

Deleted • 5 August 2017 at 3:03 PM

@stagfire
Will this start soon?

Username: @neko-sama
Name: ??? (nameless)
Nickname (Optional): Froggie
Appearance: Very very small with brown hair. Always just wears a frog suit. Hence the nickname.
Personality: Funny and derpy. She likes to just stick her tounge out like a frog.
Family: None, homeless child.
Friends: None
Crush (Optional): None
History: Everyone else died when she was born. She had thought that a frog was her parent and now acts like a frog.
Other: Hates warm/hot water. Like cold water.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 5 August 2017 at 3:20 PM

@keesa
Ah, wonderful, accepted! Can't wait to hear posts from you. Could you explain this for me though? The Exceptionals are kept away from the others, how did Nayden and Veera meet?

@neko-sama
It already has started but no one's posted yet. There, is a roleplaying forum for it already. 😊

Slightly creeped out but..accepted! ❤️

Roleplay here >>> https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/66356

105 posts

keesa • 5 August 2017 at 4:47 PM

They were neighbors before Veera was discovered, she's only been on the ship 2 years
@stagfire

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 5 August 2017 at 5:18 PM

@keesa

Okay, cool c: Thanks for clarifying.

105 posts

keesa • 5 August 2017 at 5:42 PM

@stagfire
No problem! 😸

Hey guys, just a warning I might not be able to post at all this week, I'm going to be crazy buisy and just don't think I'll have the time or energy, I'll be more active nexterm week!
So sorry!

Deleted • 6 August 2017 at 12:32 AM

@stagfire

Username: @neko-sama
Name: Kuro
Nickname (Optional): The Kitty
Appearance: A tallish teenage boy with blonde hair. He wears a green jacket and jeans along with green sneakers, which match his green eyes.
Personality: Very stubborn and a bit clumsy.
Family: Parents
Friends: Froggie
Crush (Optional): Froggie
History: He had liked Froggie as soon as he once saw her playing around in a swamp. The other kids made fun of him because of that and gave him an animal name too. He has been stalking Froggie ever since.
Other: None

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 10:19 AM

@neko-sama

Accepted! The stalking part is slightly creepy XD

Deleted • 6 August 2017 at 11:10 AM

@stagfire

Username: @lightningpaws
Name: Alexander
Nickname (Optional): Alex, or just Lex
Power (Optional): Acid generation (Things he touches melts due to it)
Appearance: Short dark brown hair. Has green eyes ever since he found his powers (Original eyes were blue). Along his forehead and cheek bones there are burned in green markings.
Personality: Tough to be around at first. Doesn't talk to anyone even when spoken to. Has an awfully short temper and knows it, so he tries to stay away from people. Doesn't fight the guards if they come for him unless they touch or grab him.
Family: Foster parents, brother (who he accidentally disabled), and a goldfish named 'Taco'.
Friends: None (Since he's not entirely good at it)
Crush (Optional): None yet
History: His foster family kept Alex close for the most part. Until his brother became jealous of the attention Alex was getting. At the age of 16 his brother had enough and came home with rage. Opening his brothers bedroom door he glared at Alex and they began to fight. Alexander caught his brothers leg so that it wouldn't hit him. However, Alex realized what he had done and later revealed himself to Population 900.
Other: Likes to just sit in his cell because no one walks in one...they walk out. So Alex loves the fact that he is usually left alone.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 6 August 2017 at 11:17 AM

@stagefire Will create one more when I have time.

Username: @panda9983
Name: Melody
Nickname (Optional): Mel
Appearance: Golden brown hair with flecks of copper in it. Her eyes are a soft hue of green. Wears a dark blue jean and a white T-shirt. Mel has a silver locket with the name Melody neatly and fancily inscribed. She also has a silver bracelet and a pendent just like the locket.
Personality: Often pictured as a friendly, kind, naive, and cheerful person, but she's not. She's clamer, more patient, quieter, shy, smart, and more decieve after a certain death. Rarely gets to show her competitive side, one that was created after her brother's death. Is consumed in bitterness and grief.
Family: Mom, Dad, and Will(Brother)
Friends: Will, her brother
Crush (Optional): None
History: She grew up in a normal life until her brother died on his fourth year at the spaceship trying to complete his final test. He failed and died, leaving Mel heartbroken. She was sent on her free will after a year.
Other: Her locket was from her brother in promises of coming back.

Username: @panda9983
Name: Angelina
Nickname (Optional): Angel
Power (Optional): Can see other's emotions and heal, not always completely if wound is serious.
Appearance: Smooth, straight, and shiny long black hair. Her eyes are a dark yet warm brown color like dark chocolate or coco. She wears a white dress hemmed with gold. Her flats are gold too. Wears a thin gold anklet, two thin gold bracelets, and a golden locket. (Only inheritance from her parents, so they're poor.)
Personality: The sweet, kind, caring girl. Very shy and hates attention. Smart, but can be gullible and naive at times.
Family: None, they died due to sickness. (She was still 1 at that time.
Friends: None
Crush (Optional):
History: Her parents died when she was young. Angel was sent to a foster home, only to try and run back when she was still three almost four. Her powers were manifesting by then, and she was caught healing a poor kid around her age of his wound by her foster parents. They reported her to the authorities and she was sent quickly onto the spaceship on her 4th birthday. The boy she healed bid her goodbye, giving her a small rainbow colored marble.
Other:

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 1:19 PM

@lightningpaws

Awesome, accepted! (Shannon and Lex would be perfect together XD Short tempers, unite! Except, they don't know each other so that wouldn't work, lol)

@panda9983

Accepted these two, ping me when you have the 3rd!

Deleted • 6 August 2017 at 1:53 PM

@stagfire
XD haha yeah! Thanks for accepting meh!

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 1:58 PM

@lightningpaws

Anytime! (This is the most successful forum I've ever had XD My creature suggestions do terribly, *sigh* Lol)

Deleted • 6 August 2017 at 2:08 PM

@Stagfire
Hahaha! I bet your suggestions are amazing! It's just hard to keep up because everyone is posting one daily XD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 6 August 2017 at 2:13 PM

@lightningpaws

Yeah, I'm also terrible at descriptions, lol. Yeah, there's a lot at a time.

105 posts

keesa • 13 August 2017 at 6:14 PM

@stagfire
Heyo! So sorry last week, I was at a place with no wifi and couldn't get on at all, I'm not sure if you saw my notice. But I'm back now! Anyone willing to give me a recap so I can post?

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 August 2017 at 8:14 PM

@keesa

Hey! It's alright, no, I didn't see your notice 😊 Glad you're back! A recap?...well, not much has happened. Some of the kids have been trying to investigate how to get to the 'hidden rooms' where the mutants are held. Shannon just figured out how to get there and now she's making a ruckus so they can get in the 'hidden rooms'. Need more?