New Seach Features!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 4 August 2017 at 6:49 PM

I have a few new ideas actually, but they all have to do with narrowing down searches so I thought I'd lump them together 😊 if any of these already exist and I'm just tech illiterate please let me know! I'd be more than happy if they did.

1) Bring back "search by username" and "search by creature". This was a version 2 (I think) feature but it was super useful and I'm sad to see it gone. Looking up my name for example, @luv, wields a lot of results besides my account, and while all the creatures are beautiful, it takes a little while to find what you want. Similarily, a name like @Meg has a lot of other things popping up with it!

2) Exact search. Sometimes, I really want to find who has a certain name. But if it's a short one that would fit in a lot of other things, or something commonly used ("love" might be an example), that can take a lot of searching!

3) Time searching the archives. Occasionally I have a hankering to know, say, the October creatures of 2012, and while my simply wonderful memory may tell me that the oscoa was one of them, I just can't remember the other two! It would be awesome to have some sort of feature for searching the archives like "July 2011", or if that would create too many categories, just a yearly one and we could narrow it down from there! 😊

Thanks for reading! If anyone has any feedback or (like I mentioned above) this already exists, just let me know!

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 4 August 2017 at 7:33 PM

@luv

Oh please, please, please do, these are much needed functions, the only thing I want more is a less excruciating "delete comment" wall function >U<"

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 4 August 2017 at 7:44 PM

@luv @asi yes, those ideas are great. i would just suggest that the nomtuk gets endangered. if i could, i would.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 4 August 2017 at 7:50 PM

@luv

we need exact search ;^; like, now.

we also need a way to purge that wall. We don't need to build a wall, WE NEED TO DELETE IT. DELETE THE POPUP. STOP MAKING US SCROLL TO GET BACK TO WHERE WE WANT. PLEASE. THE EGGCAVE COMMUNITY BEGS YOU!

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 4 August 2017 at 9:31 PM

@asi @icesparkle22
It always comes back to mass wall deletion (which is definitely needed honestly) :'D

but yeah, exact search would save so much time!!!

@jello
You could always make a topic for that and maybe bring it to their attention that way?

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 5 August 2017 at 3:50 PM

@luv SUPPORT ❤️ All of this is definitely needed some time here haha. Exact names, user and creature things deFINTELY and the time calendar thing just makes sense. o-o"

Female
1,050 posts

meg • 6 August 2017 at 8:21 PM

@luv I completely agree! 😊 Great ideas!

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 6 August 2017 at 8:37 PM

@dream-within-a-dream
I'm so glad to hear you agree!

@Meg
Thank you!! Sorry to use your name by the way, but yours was actually what made me think of the idea :'D

Female
1,050 posts

meg • 6 August 2017 at 8:37 PM

@luv I am honored to be the inspiration of such a grand idea hahaha :'D

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 August 2017 at 8:49 PM

@luv
YYAAASSSSSSS

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 6 August 2017 at 8:52 PM