Part of screen on HP monitor missing?

in Chit-Chat

1,853 posts

purgatory • 30 September 2017 at 10:51 AM

I know this is a very random question but, uh, apparently, ever since I accidentally left my computer over night, the left side of the screen has 2 inches cut off? O - O it seems like the whole screen was dragged over to the right 2 inches!

*whispers* I know this isn't Yahoo answers, but uh, It would be great if I could possibly fix this bug ;v; crappy monitors

thanks x3

Female
5,406 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 September 2017 at 11:53 AM

@purgatory
Your monitor should have a physical button on either the bottom or side to bring up a menu, for example mine is labeled and near the power button yours might be too. Pressing it will bring up a menu of various settings for you monitor, brightness, color balance, ect. One of the options should be one to correct your screen alignment, for me its "Image Control" yours might be something similar. You can either correct the alignment manually or there might be an option have your monitor auto correct itself.

I hope this makes sense. Without seeing your monitor its a bit hard to fix the problem but you definitely should check for a "Menu" button on your monitor.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 30 September 2017 at 12:02 PM

@orderedchaos

Thank you so much! I pressed the menu button, clicked image control and then auto-adjustment. My screen's back to normal now.

EDIT: tfw the problem came back TT-TT now it's just missing 1 inch, but i guess that's fine x)

Female
5,406 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 September 2017 at 12:07 PM

@purgatory
I'm so glad that you were able to fix your screen. 😊

Edit: Oh no, not back. ☚ī¸ That's weird that its doing that. Maybe its a graphics card thing? Is the driver for your graphics card up to date?