[Valentine's Day] Creature suggestion: Fierha

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 3 December 2017 at 3:50 PM

#creaturesuggestion
https://imgur.com/a/4bTtF - stages egg to 3
https://imgur.com/a/rd0mY - stage 4 (hidden stage?)
Habitat: Wetlands
Height: 1,5 m
Weight: 40 kg

About an egg:
The leathery protrusion on the side of an egg should be handled with extra care, as it holds the creature's actual heart inside. Piercing the pulsating skin would cause the creature to die - most likely taking its killer with it, as the blood of a Fierha, especially taken from the heart, is highly flammable.

About the creature:
Every spring thousands of Arkians adopt a baby Fierha to their family, unable to resist the charm of their pup form. Most of these do so lacking any knowledge or consideration, so they're up for a big surprise when the creature grows three times its original size, bites through the metal chains on their gates, develops a mind of its own instead of just playing around or takes down a Nomtuk and brings it to them as a sign of affection. Scared that their pet is beyond their control, many people, sadly, abandon their Fierhas. And those that don't do it at this point are still likely to do it later, when the so-called "cinder-fur" on the creature's back catches permanent fire, being fueled by the blood of a Fierha's heart, which by that time also increases its size and weight two times.
The people that get a Fierha deliberately, though, and are able to raise it properly, don't need to fear for their lives ever again, even if they fall into a Halldrag's nest. Because there's no creature more loyal and ready to fight for their master in the whole Ark. And without any danger in sight, the thing that makes them the most happy is to see their human friend happy. And their ability to understand one's feelings, thoughts and needs borders on magic. Many of the longtime Fierha owners claim they have such complete understanding with their fiery companions they don't need to speak anymore. In such a pair, older-aged Fierhas might undergo the final transformation - their heart bursts, turning into an ever-burning ball of fire. The properties of that fire change, too. Instead of blazing flames the creature's now shrouded in evenly glowing light, which does not burn the person the Fierha's connected to and cannot be douced. It is a common saying in Ark to describe a longtime couple that's still visibly in love: "They glow like a Fierha on a dark Autumn night"

Phew, that was long. And if you feel there's something familiar about this one, it might be true. You see, I've already tried to make this creature happen, but it was all way back in... oh gosh, 2012. Since then, it's grown itself a huge description, some new ideas with it, [hopefully somewhat] better art, and a whole 4th stage (because after drawing three, I suddenly realized I liked the second more than the last 😃 )
And as usual. Correct me if I'm speaking broken English, and if you want some more creatures, check out the others, Raikhar and Ruugh

325 posts

littleblush • 3 January 2018 at 6:24 AM

@katrinwolf This is great!! I love the drawing and description- child stage is my fav 😃 So innocently cheeky...hehe
Best of luck in getting this turned into a reality!

Female
109 posts

tammytamtam • 10 January 2018 at 9:57 PM

OMG SO COOL

Male
26 posts

toplel • 11 January 2018 at 4:31 PM

Bruh. That is so far the BEST creature suggestion.

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 12 January 2018 at 11:32 PM

Very nice! I'm worried about its heart, though!

Female
62 posts

dance • 24 January 2018 at 3:46 AM

@Katrinwolf It's great! Good luck! 😊

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 24 January 2018 at 6:40 AM

AAAAAAGH! I never realized I forgot to follow this topic and missed your feedback!
@toplel, @thursdays_dove, @tammytamtam, @dance - THANK YOU!
(and I believe I've already written to you, but well, why not again - to you too, @littleblush 😸)
@thursdays_dove Yeah, it's taking "wear one's heart out on one's sleeve" a bit TOO literally 😃