Creature suggestion: Ruugh

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 28 November 2017 at 2:10 PM

Something so-not-serious this way comes... 😉
#creaturesuggestion
Note: if you're looking for something less silly, check out Raikhar or Grayo.

https://imgur.com/a/v12kn (very sorry for the Amazing Photo Quality, my scanner decided to play dead. Or maybe it just hates this guy? Will reupload if I manage to reanimate it)

Habitat: Coldworld
Height: 2 m
Weight: 100 kg
About an egg:
Is there some force field surrounding this egg? Why are other eggs rolling away in terror? And what's that low vibrating sound coming from it? Okay, now I want to roll away, too.
About the creature:
There're two groups of Arkians: ones that tell the scariest of stories about these long-distant Mirkang cousins and refuse to let their children, elderly parents or pets anywhere where they can see one, and ones that know that this surly appearance and grumpy demeanor hide a heart of gold. In fact, there're only two things to remember when interacting with a Ruugh. First is their distaste for anything Fairy World, especially Engels and Seralphaes (to be fair, the feeling's mutual). Second? Never make fun of their growls. That's one thing they won't forgive.

The Trinket for the 3rd stage can depict smaller furry creatures hiding underneath its ears/arms/furry pseudopodia/whatever 😃

Female
316 posts

sackname • 30 November 2017 at 2:54 PM

I really like it! I like your art for it, it's cute ^^

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 30 November 2017 at 2:58 PM

@sackname Thanks! I wanted it to be both grumpy and somewhat huggable 😊

Deleted • 18 February 2019 at 3:27 PM

@katrinwolf

This is super adorable!! The last stage reminds me of Trico from the Last Guardian, and I just want to give it all the hugs in the world! ;v; ❤️

@nooget_galaxy
@lunacharm1037
@darcy_vasquez

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 18 February 2019 at 3:35 PM

@katrinwolf I do so love that too 😃

Female
23 posts

nooget_galaxy • 18 February 2019 at 3:38 PM

@katrinwolf
I like it. The 1st and last stage are my favorites. I also like the egg design. 😊

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 19 February 2019 at 12:22 AM

@achimenes Glad you find this little grump as cute as I do!
@lunacharm1037 Thanks! 😊
@nooget_galaxy This might be my favorite egg design among all of mine, to be honest. Thank you!