[Thief Shop] Creature suggestion: Grayo

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

So, what do you think?

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 18 February 2019 at 1:02 PM

#creaturesuggestion
Haven't done any of these in a while. But there're so many good ones circulating around now, it's inspired me to doodle around for a bit as well 😊
Other suggestions from silly old me if you like this one: Raikhar andRuugh
(and YES, I AM a sucker for hairy carnivorous things)

Image:
https://imgur.com/a/SUzEbjP
(taking suggestions on a better egg, this one is, well, ahem... katrinwolf cannot into eggs)

Habitat: Northern Plains
Height: 1.7m
Weight: 80 kg

About an egg:
This egg gives out a very artificial vibe. It's difficult to believe this was not created but appeared naturally.

About the creature:
The Bandit Wars of Leila were one of the darkest moments in city's history, countless outlaw gangs and organizations clashing in a vicious fight for dominance. It was during these times that one of the organizations, The Kings of Thousand Years, went to the underground scientists' group that would later become People of Free Creatures, asking for something that would give them an advantage. The scientists asked for most of their gold... but it paid off. It's impossible to tell now what unimaginable things went into this reaction besides powdered gold, blood and Oasis water and what reactions actually took place, but the result was a new life form. With their bodies of gold and clay, the Grayos roamed the plains as The Kings' most deadly and loyal assassins, no order left unexecuted. Soon enough, the war was over, the Kings of Thousand Years securing their place as the only rulers of Leila. The times of peace came - and with these, a new thought. With no enemy, no army was needed anymore... gold, on the other hand, was something the new rulers could use.
All the possible precautions were taken before the planned slaughter of the Grayo army. Yet, as the first shots were fired and the shooters were getting ready to run for their lives, it turned out that it wasn't necessary. The creatures didn't even move to attack. One after the other, the bandits emptied their rounds into former invincible predators, now defenceless, crippled by their own loyalty. Some humans were shot that day as well, unable to take the sight and refusing to obey the orders. The Grayos would jump into the middle of every shootout breaking out between humans - unable to fight, still inclined to protect.
The species was long thought wiped out completely. However, it turned out that one of the beasts survived, as his master was able to predict this turn of events and reported him dead not long before the slaughter. This one male Grayo and a prototype female engineered by People of Free Creatures as an experiment are the progenitors of all the Grayo specimen found in Leila now.

...oookaaay, that was long 😃 If I accidentally broke English while writing this wall of text, please let me know.

Deleted • 18 February 2019 at 2:26 PM

@katrinwolf

The Grayo design is absolutely goregous! *O* (THAT TAIL I'M ❤️ ❤️ ❤️)

The description is well thought out, and I love that it adds on to the History of Leila! That's the kind of stuff I love to hear about. Absolutely well done! ❤️

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 18 February 2019 at 2:32 PM

@achimenes
Thank you ❤️ I actually had this idea for a while now, but couldn't figure out a design for the creature itself, heh. But today it finally came together. Glad that you like it!

Deleted • 18 February 2019 at 2:33 PM

@katrinwolf
You kiddin'? I love it!! I'm gonna check out your other suggestions! 😃 ❤️

Pings for peeps! ❤️

@stevepat2002
@rashka
@xenni
@lunacharm1037

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 18 February 2019 at 2:36 PM

SO WOW!!!! i really want one!! first stage is so cute and last stage is so great! 😃 I LOVE IT ALL!!!!

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 18 February 2019 at 2:42 PM

Oh WOW, the egg is awesome, but I LOVE the first & last stage, I want many of them ❤️ I so love this and really hope it gets made. You are a talented artist.

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 18 February 2019 at 2:48 PM

@rashka @lunacharm1037 Thank you!!! 😸

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 2 March 2019 at 3:18 AM

woah its soo cool! i actually think this would be perfect for a real thief shop creature.😱

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 2 March 2019 at 9:13 AM

@murfijs Thanks! As much pain as it is to try and get a Thief Shop creature, it just made too much sense in my head to put it there because of the story 😃

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 March 2019 at 2:32 PM

@katrinwolf
Woow I'm truly loving it ❤️

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 2:53 PM

@katrinwolf I like it ^^

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 18 March 2019 at 3:19 PM

@isathebelle @mirime
Thank youuuu ❤️ Glad that new people that like this idea are still turning up 😸

Female
369 posts

invisiblefly • 18 March 2019 at 3:27 PM

Yes. I like. Only problem is that the creature forms will be spoiled.

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 18 March 2019 at 3:33 PM

@invisiblefly
You're right about the last one... I'm not hell-bent on making this a Thief creature, just thought it made sense with the story 😊 And, to think of it, the design almost always goes through at least some changes upon being made, so maybe it's not THAT spoilery.
Glad you like it!