Creature Suggestion - Habtana (collab with @isathebelle)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
285 posts

asteria • 17 April 2018 at 5:28 PM

Hi 😊 #creaturesuggestions

Here's my attempt at taking inspiration from japanese culture...

Habtana

image by @isathebelle
https://imgur.com/lqCvZXk

Description by me
About Egg
This egg shines like a beautiful jewel, but according to the tradition it should be left alone.
About Creature
People who live near the Ark River, often tell a story to visitors from other parts of the island: long ago, in this area, a swordfighting school was placed. Students didn't led easy lives there, but one boy suffered more than all others. Each day, his master was making sure that his hope is fading. One day, the boy sat upon the river and cried. "Why are you crying?" - he heared an angelic voice and saw a woman washing beautiful, seemingly expensive clothes. After he told her of his problems, she said "Challenge your master to a duel. Come back to this place at midnight and you will find a weapon which won't let you lose." She kept her word, and a beautiful sword appeared near the river. The boy challenged his master, but mockery was the only response he heared. Everyone was shocked both by foolishness of the boy, and disgusting arrogance of the master. Suddenly sword turned into a snake and attacked the unsuspecting teacher. With shock and fear boy run towards the river. Soon the woman from earlier joined him, and said - "There is no place for someone like you in the world without morals and honor. If you wish, follow me to my home. There you will find peace." She then turned into a snake and disappeared in the water. After a moment of thinking, he went into the river. Nobody saw the boy or the woman ever again, but after years, more snakes started appearing near the river.

@icecloud101
@sybil_howlett
@jlya

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 17 April 2018 at 5:46 PM

@asteria @isathebelle
Wow, you guys are fast at whipping up these suggestions!
I really like the design and the description! There aren't too many creatures on eggcave with a legend behind them, so it's cool to see one from you guys. I like the little diamond on all of the stages. Great work on yet another colab, and good luck getting it made!! ❀️
Yay! First comment. 😊

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 17 April 2018 at 5:51 PM

@asteria
i agree with @jlya (sorry)
you guys are super fast
thats 24 suggestions!
with so man, though, you gus may have many chances to have them be made
good luck
psssst i like it!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 17 April 2018 at 5:57 PM

@asteria @isathebelle
As everyone else says, you guys sure are pumping them out. 😱 xD

I love the egg, 1st and 2nd, but the last stage feels a bit random to me. πŸ˜‹
You might be able to smooth out the transition by adding a 2nd head to the 2nd stage, and maybe make 3rd stage only 3 or 4 heads? And maybe have some of the tail of the snake wrapped around the sword handle, to make it seem more like it is holding it with some type of grip.

Female
2,671 posts

jlya • 17 April 2018 at 6:01 PM

Ooh, @prairie that's a good idea!

Female
285 posts

asteria • 17 April 2018 at 6:15 PM

@prairie It was my idea to give it 8 heads. I wanted it to seem a bit like Yamata no Orochi. About the sword, @isathebelle should answer (personally I love the idea though 😊 )

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 17 April 2018 at 6:28 PM

@asteria
Lol, had to go look up "Yamata no Orochi" me of little myth knowledge. xD
I see why you'd go for it, I like the concept. πŸ˜ƒ But in that case, to make stages flow better, maybe child has 2 heads, teen with 4 and last with 8, it doubles each time. 😱

Also, in terms of design, its important to keep things simplified, cause if chosen, the artist has to fit what they draw into a 90x90 icon. So something with 8 heads will take up quite a lot of space or loose detail cause of the downsize. 😊 (Just design tips I personally try to keep to)

Female
285 posts

asteria • 17 April 2018 at 6:39 PM

@prairie Hm, I guess you could be right. But aside from me asking for two things (in this case white color and 8 heads), @isathebelle is author of the design, so it's up to her if she wants to make any changes. Thanks for your advice, advice is always appreciated πŸ˜ƒ

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 April 2018 at 5:21 AM

@prairie
Of course, I know it could be better but I never done anything similar as this so yes it could be improvements and adding heads in first and second stage would be cooler as you say but I'm not sure would it be so good as I like it cos I'm not so good as you're in your drawings!This is all I can do, sorry!Thank you for your opinion and comment, it's most appreciated, Thank you 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 18 April 2018 at 10:33 AM

@isathebelle

I totally understand! I'm not trying to tell you to change it, just doing a type of creative criticism. 😊
I really do love the idea and creature.
And as I said earlier, love the 1st and 2nd stages❀️

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 April 2018 at 10:51 AM

@prairie
Of course, I know 😊 All is just fine! For me personally, first and send stage is also the best πŸ˜ƒ Snake with 8 heads can be tricky πŸ˜‹ Next time will be a bit better I hope 😊