Scrolling Issue: can never reach Finley's Flavors

in Problems & Bugs

Female
513 posts

fjhfjhfjh • 8 September 2018 at 2:49 AM

Hey all! Kinda wondering if anyone else has this problem. But I JUST REALIZED there's another item shop!!! (well, I knew it existed but never knew where lol). ButI have to use back door ways to get there (lol, I mean find the link on someone's profile, or in forums, etc).

So my issue is that (on pc) my screen is too short to be able to view all the user shops at once. if I set my zoom to ~70% then I can see everything from the TC to Finley's (this is how I found out there was another shop), but if I have my zoom set to 100% then the drop down menu for the shop list goes off the bottom of my page and Finley's get cut off. and if I try to scroll down, then the menu closes because my mouse no longer hovers over "shops" at the top.

Additionally, if I'm on mobile then I can scroll to see the shops no problem (displays about 3.5 shops at a time on my screen), but i can't scroll past Trinket Travels (again, cutting off Finley's). After Trinket Travels it just shows the greyed out background of whatever page I'm on (ie, the site blog).

SO... I'm thinking the issue here is that the list for shops is too long. If other people have this problem, then perhaps we could split the shops into 2 sections: auto generated/ game shops, and user sold/ player shops.
So under the user section, we would have the TC, auctions, user shops, and donations center. and under the game shops, we have Tim's, the TS, travel agency, etc (also possibly the CSP?)

Please let me know what you guys think and if anyone else has this issue!!!

for mods:
when I'm on pc, I prefer to use firefox v62.0 though I can also use chrome or edge/ explorer if need be (same issue though). On mobile I use samsung internet v7.4.00.70 (though again, I can use chrome if need be).

pings! @immortalraven @budgie @newlife @rashka @spiritkoi
I beg you, please tell me I'm not the only one!

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 8 September 2018 at 2:53 AM

@fjhfjhfjh

Could you post a screenshot? better to illustrate your point, so I got a better idea of what you mean, but I think I got it for the most part, what size is your monitor on your PC?

Female
3,793 posts

sparklefox • 8 September 2018 at 6:17 AM

@fjhfjhfjh - Is this what you mean? - http://prntscr.com/ks07wv

I had to set my page to 150% zoom to see this, and I'm not really getting what you're seeing on my phone - I can see four shops at a time if I'm scrolled right to the top of the menu, or two on landscape. I can scroll right down to Finley's Flavors without any issues.

I see how this could be a problem for those with smaller screens, though. On the higher zoom, I couldn't see any shop past Bean Sack (unless I had the page scrolled slightly down before opening the menu) and moving my mouse anywhere below this just closes the menu (which is obvious because I'm moving it out of the browser itself at that point).

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 8 September 2018 at 7:34 AM

i never had this problem, but i'm never at 100% finding it too big, the images are really beautiful at 100% but i prefer to see more things in my screen and less scrolling up and down!