Cove Editing Format

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 5 December 2018 at 10:04 AM

Most would probably agree that the V2 Cove Lists Editing Interface (displaying the creatures and allowing users to manually drag/drop and format their Cove Lists) was a lot easier and user-friendly than the V3 Cove Lists Editing Interface, where we'd have to edit creatures in number order (and if we wanted to delete a creature, it would reload). Perhaps that could be changed back with displayed creatures so it would be easier to navigate and use?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 5 December 2018 at 11:29 AM

@firedawn

That would be so much easier than right now! 100% agreed.

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 5 December 2018 at 2:12 PM

agree!!!!! and perhaps a feature to sort the creatures in a list to alphabetical order? it's a hassle manually going in and finding everyone's spot

Male
326 posts

seraph • 5 December 2018 at 2:32 PM

omg yes PLEASE!!! I always have to open 2 windows to know what I'm doing

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 6 December 2018 at 10:51 AM

Some more ideas! 😊
A setting that doesn't allow duplicates in a list. It's kinda annoying having to delete a list and then making a new one just to add a few creatures

A way to go through and feed creatures of a list in succession. Maybe an additional set of arrows that allow you click through the creatures but they're just from the list, not the whole cove

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 6 December 2018 at 3:11 PM

@firedawn

I agree, I feel like the new system is a bit bland? It's a lot of clicking and finding what you're looking for, and I can't imagine how tedious it may be to someone with many, many creatures in their cove.

Also, I really do like the options rabbitwanter has listed as well! Having a restriction such as "No duplicates" would be *incredible* to those who want to avoid it

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 9 December 2018 at 1:26 AM

@samaritan

Same! It's really annoying sometimes, especially when you accidentally close that window >.>

@rabbitwanter

Oh yeah, that would be wonderful! πŸ˜ƒ Alphabetical order would make my life so much more easier. Or maybe a way to add x amount of a specific creature into the lists? I think that would be helpful for people who want to do creature aesthetics/wants to show off their achievements lol!

The idea of being able to click through a list sounds so helpful! Would be great for people who don't want their entire cove fed but just some. 😊

@newlife

Agreed. I wanted to create a list for all the creatures that weren't commons in my cove, but it was just so tedious that I decided not toβ€”and also, a lot less fun than it used to be. No duplicates sounds amazing, though!