Any writers here?

in Entertainment

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 January 2019 at 1:37 AM

Any writers here? Or anyone who writes as a hobby?
Prologue

I sit in a stand in the Elves’ council room. My family is nearby, my mother sobbing. The council themselves step up to the podium in front of me. They say, “Argon. You know we all love and appreciate you. You are talented, you are the head of your class, but we are the last elves of CawCross. We cannot afford a tainted bloodline.
“Therefore, we must sentence you to a life outside the colony. We will give you rations for a month.”
I shuffle my wings angrily, what did he mean, I had to leave home because of my wings? “I understand your concern, Elders. But I could help you! I could guard you. I could be your servant! Just please don’t kick me out because of a mutation.” The word feels bitter in my mouth and I bite my tongue.
“I don’t understand why you’re upset, Argon. You have wanted to leave here for years now.” My father said.

Chapter 1

A crystal clear stream babbled in the distance. Fluffy clouds filled the clear blue sky. Birds chirped in flawless harmony. It seemed like a perfect day in the CawCross region.
I knew otherwise.
I knew that the birds chirping would kill you without a second thought. I knew that although the river seemed nice and clean, it was chock-full of parasitic fish that you never knew were there until it was too late. I knew that although the sky seemed clear and blue, it was a cruel illusion the new king had put up. No flying creature dared fly in it, besides his guards- bat winged, hulking, monstrous killers.
I sat up in my small lean-to, after thinking about this for a while. I examined my cocoa-brown wings, looking for stray feathers that would make it hard to fly. When I found nothing, I settled my wings comfortably at my sides.
I picked up a book I had recently obtained, preferring not to think of how. It was about all kinds of creatures and how to stay alive if you had to face them. Most were minotaurs, cyclopes and wraiths. Not the greatest things to find on a dark night. I was reading about one legend where a cyclops massacred a whole town and was brought down by a child, about five.
After seeing a particularly disturbing drawing, I slammed the book shut and put it under some leaves in my lean-to that served as my bed.
I stepped out of the lean-to and spread my wings as far out as they could go. I yawned at the sudden rush of oxygen. I looked wistfully at the sky, knowing this was a day meant just for flying, but decided not to risk certain death if I came across a monster stronger than me.
An imperial guard passed overhead, making me run back to the safety of the lean-to. He stopped in midair, swiveling to face my camp. Scowling, he flew down to my camp. He wore thick-and I imagine very heavy- gold armor with spiral patterns engraved into its shiny surface. Like most of the other guards, this one had sharp teeth jutting from a severe underbite, blue-gray skin and bald. The only difference with this one was that he was much shorter than the others. He knelt by my dead fire, looking for signs of how recent it was.
The guard stood up, calling softly, “Argon? You here?”
I stepped out of the lean-to, arms folded and annoyed. “What took you so long? You were supposed to meet me here two days ago.” I was smiling now.
‘Well, I’m here now,” the guard said gruffly, as if he were gargling rocks. He stepped closer, “Ah, the captain promoted me to second-in-command of the army. I’ve been busy with that, and then there’s- “
He never finished the sentence because I was hugging him too tightly for that.
“I’ve missed you, Thorn. I thought they had caught you.” I said softly.
“Ah, you know me better than that. I would never let then get me, let alone find out I’m not a monster like them,” he smiled at me, hugging me tightly back.
I traced a scar running across his cheek, muttering softly under my breath. His outward appearance faded away, showing a rather good-looking elf with golden brown hair, gentle green eyes and beautifully tanned skin. “Thorn. You need to stop. You will be killed if they find you.” I said anxiously.
Thorn stepped back, holding me at arm’s length. “Argon, you know as well as I do that if I don’t do this I will be killed by the Elvin council themselves. I at least owe you and CawCross this.” His voice was no longer quite so gruff. He let me go, a note of anger entering his voice. “I have to do this. I have to risk being killed. We need to know what his royal highness,” (he said this sarcastically) “is plotting to do. You of all people should know that.”
I growled softly, annoyed at is stubbornness. “Thorn…” I sighed forlornly.
“Turn me back, Argon. I need to go.” Thorn said through gritted teeth.
I muttered the words backwards and he was no longer Thorn, the only elf to care about me, to Grimwire, the imperial guard. Second in command to the army. “I hope you know what you’re doing.”
Thorn nodded once and snapped his wings open. He looked at me, his face carved of stone, “I’m sorry, Argon…” Thorn whispered.
I suddenly realized he had a tail. A muscly one with a club on the end. “I’m sorry.” Thorn swung the club hard at my head. I had no time to react. Blazing pain erupted in the side of my head. I staggered, collapsing on the ground. The last thing I remember was another, larger guard landing by him.

Chapter 2

I woke up with a pounding headache. I groaned. I jerked back to reality when I remembered what Thorn had done. My eyes flew open and all I could see was the coarse brown of a sack. I tried to pull the sack off my head, but I found my arms were tied to some kind of chair. I waggled my legs as an experiment to see if they were tied too. Sure enough, they were. My clothes were damp and I ached all over. My wings were pressed painfully against the back of the chair. I tried to shift them to a more comfortable position, but they were pressed too tightly. I jumped when I heard a voice come from my left.
“About time you woke up.” The voice was silky smooth. “I’ve been waiting for hours. I was considering having Thorn use that serum on you.”
“Who are you and what serum? Where am I?” I said angrily.
“I’ll answer the first two. I am King Synth, and the serum in question causes extreme pain to whoever it is injected into. Meaning you. And Thorn’s right here, loyal as ever.” I wanted nothing more than to punch the king in the nose. To make him hurt.
“Argon, don’t beat yourself up. I even said I was sorry,” Thorn’s voice nearly made me cry.
Someone pulled off the hood and light filled my vision, making me flinch back, squinting. “Hey, Thorn. Any chance he knows you’re really an elf?” I said without looking at anyone, still half blinded.
“Argon,” Thorn said calmly. “Look up.”
I looked at him and inhaled sharply. He wasn’t disguised as a guard anymore. Somehow he was his real form and nearly glowing. He rested his and on a sword at his side. “Thorn. Why are you letting him feed you his lies? You’re better than this. You can kill him here, now.” I pleaded.
“Oh, come now, Argon,” the king said. “He told me of his plan when he first came here. He told me you planned to kill me when he was done with the assignment.” He smirked. “He’s been doing everything I told him to, he even massacred the entire Elvin council.”
“Thorn. Did you do what he says?” I fought to keep my voice calm. “I know you better than that. You would never hurt them.”
His voice seemed dead, devoid of emotion. “I do what my lord tells me to do. You were just a tool. You got me into the Council’s top ranks. You got me into their circle of trust.” He smiled. “So that would make it your fault they’re all dead.”
I paled, shocked at him. The shock quickly gave way to anger. I yelled, struggling against my bonds. “You eel. You monstrous, traitorous snake!” I turned to the king. “And you, You’re a foul king! A lying, greedy, self-absorbed prat sitting on a stolen throne! You have never cared for this region. You marked-“ Thorn slapped me hard across the face with his armored hand, cutting me off. I spat blood out of my mouth, glaring at him. “I mean every word.”
The king looked at me as if I were a fluffy puppy bouncing around in a tutu. “Well, I can think of better words to describe myself. How’s handsome, smart and dashing? Still, we can’t have the sheep running off to tell her flock, now can we?” King Synth smiled eerily. “Thorn. You know what to do.”
I watched him go to the table in the corner of the room and pick up a needle. Thorn dipped the needle into a clear jar filled with golden liquid, wiping it on the side of the jar as he pulled it out. He stared at me, seeming excited at what was to come. Thorn looked at Synth as he nodded. He stepped closer to me, a small malicious smile forming on his face.
“Thorn. Stop. This isn’t you. You would never do this. What did he do to you?” I said desperately.
“Argon, I’m doing this for your own good.” Thorn slid the golden needle into my arm and the pain hit instantly.
A tearing sensation started at my core, burning its way outward. I tried to suppress a scream at the raw agony and failed. A guttural scream forced its way out, sending more pain to my face. My muscles clenched and tears ran down my face. I hated thinking how exposed I was to the king and Thorn.

Chapter 3

I had no idea how long I had been screaming in pure agony but I know that when it faded, I was left trembling in the fetal position and in a dingy cell.
All I could focus on was how hot it seemed. Hot and humid. I groaned, unclenching my pale fists. I forced myself to take deep breaths and to relax. Nearly instantly after the first few breaths, the trembling ceased.
I looked around the cell, it was made of stone with slime seeping out of cracks in the walls. I sat on the only piece of furniture in the cell, a tray of food in the corner. Rats scurried around the floor, squeaking. A large, gray rat sat on my wing, arranging my feathers.
“Ew! Get off…” I shook my wing, throwing it off. It landed across the cell from me and darted right back to me. It jumped onto my leg, clutching onto the sparse hairs of my pants.
The rat sighed, looking up at my face. “I understand I look rather dreadful now, but I mean you no harm. I never did.” It spoke with a British lilt to its voice. I yelped, trying to kick it off. “No, stop Argon! I want to help you but I can’t if I’m lying dead on the floor! But if it makes you feel better…” The rat jumped off my leg and onto the cot beside me. “Buzzards. You have a strong kick.”
I inched away from the rat, still uneasy. “I imagine you’re thirsty. Sherlock! Water, now!” The rat clapped his paws and another rat came running over, holding a cup of water. I watched, fascinated as the rat set the large cup down in my hand, bowing to me. The two rats squeaked back and forth to each other a bit and Sherlock scampered away.
I looked uneasily at the water, eyes flicking from it to the rat. He nodded and I drank the cool, slightly gritty water fast, knowing I should have saved it. I set the glass down, sighing. “Thanks… What’s your name mister rat?” I asked.
“My full name is Sir Frederik Bartholomew John the third. But you can call me Fred.” The rat smiled.
“Then thank you, Fred. Can you tell me anything about this place?” I patted my lap, letting Fred jump back on.
“This my dear, is the king’s personal dungeon. It’s where they keep the most dangerous criminals. The feed the occupant once a week, so they barely survive.” Fred gestured to the rat who had brought me my water. Sherlock nodded, squeaking to other rats. “I assume you aren’t one of those criminals, because they used the serum n you. They usually only use the serum to those he only wants to punish. He gives the true criminals an endlessly worse one.”
Sherlock jumped up on the cot, along with other rats. Three of the other six rats with Sherlock ran over to me, jumping onto my head, working at my hair. “Thank you,” I said to the rats. I picked up an orange brick that looked like hard cheese.
Fred snorted, ignoring the rats in my hair. He touched my hand. “I’ll be blunt. You are a Shaund. Before you ask wat a Shaund is, it is a being who can control ice. No worries,” he said, jumping up on me and closing my gaping mouth. “They’re only the second most dangerous Marzad out there.”
“’Marzad’? SECOND MOST DANGEROUS?” I sounded like I had a hunk of that cheese stuck in my throat.
“A Marzad is a being who can control an element. The Saurnds get Ice, the Haurds get water, the Dauzar gat Air, the Jaudak get Fire and the Kaunaz get Land. There is always one of each. I myself am the Kaunaz this century. You will need training and this cell will do fine, we don’t want any guards to show up and find out about your ability. Your boyfriend Thorn least of all. He’s nearly the king’s right-hand man. Now…” Fred jabbered on while I sat stunned at all this new information and didn’t catch half the things he said until he said, “Any questions?”
“A few, yes. How can there be only one of every Marzad at once? And how can a rat be one? How did I become one? What was with all the agony?” I blurted. A rat in my hair picked out a knot and jumped off.
“A few. Hm. To answer your first question, I have truly no idea. I’ve only been one for about five hundred years- “
“And that’s another one! How can you be five hundred years old?” The rest of the rats jumped out after messily braiding it.
Fred sighed, folding his furry arms. “Patience, child. I will get to that. Whenever a Marzad dies, another rises to take the dead one’s place. The longest one has been around that I know of was a century. Any being capable of being a Marzad can become one. I was a being capable of handling a job this strenuous. Being a Kaunaz, can communicate with any being of land. Humans, rats, foxes,” the rat shuddered. “I had a close call with one recently. We are the ‘gods’ of this world. We keep the world and its life in order and balance When one dies, the world is temporarily put out of balance until another one is chosen.
“You happened to be the lucky one who was capable of this position. As a group, all us current Marzad enchanted the needle to make you one. You stayed positive when your tribe kicked you out, you survived the serum’s pain. You are worthy of this, Argon. We all- “
We heard footsteps outside the cell door. “Hide, Fred! Tell your rats to hide too.” I hissed urgently.
All the rats but Fred ran under my cot, disappearing into a hole in the wall. Fred set a clawed hand on mine and ran to join the other rats.
The footsteps got louder outside my cell, and I laid down on my cot, facing the wall, trying to look like I was asleep.
“I know you’re awake, Argon. Stop trying to hide it.” Thorn said, irked. I heard a small click and a cell door squeak and close.
I scowled. “Argh, Thorn. You know I still hate you, right?” I sat up and glared at him. He was inside my cell, standing against the bars. As his elf form.
“Yeah, I know you do. You have since we first met. Although it’s usually been a sort of love-hate.” Thorn commented.
“What do you want, Thorn?” I scowled at him.
“I want to tell you; I still love you. I didn’t want to put you in a coma for a month. That was his Royal Highness’s idea. I would usually never cause you pain.” Thorn said, taking a few steps toward me.
I stood up and stalked toward him, a fury rising in me like I had never felt before. “The operative word in that sentence is ‘usually’. You think I believe that bowl of lies?” I poked his tan chest, driving him against the hard, stone wall. “I can see through your disguise. You’re an eel in Elvish clothing. You never cared for me. You never cared for anyone but yourself and his horrible majesty.” I was furious, letting all my anger and fury rise and attack him. I didn’t see the slight blue glow starting to surround me. “You were never and will never be the elf I love. You are nothing to me anymore.” I poked Thorn’s chest hard one more time, but this time, he jolted, as if something had run through him. His eyes glowed a bluish gold and he collapsed, unconscious.
Fred jumped at me, yelling: “Buzzards and Milkmaids! What did you do? You lost control! You could have KILLED him! Well, you should have. BUT STILL! Argon! You sent your power INTO him! There’s no telling what he’ll do with it! He could tell the king and you’d be done for! We’d be done for! You have to either kill him or take the power back.”
“How do I take the power back?” I said frantically.
“You must cut him with your powers. If it were me, I would make a sharp stone and cut him with that, but you could make an icicle.”
“Fred, how?” I yelped.
“Imagine an icicle forming on, say your finger. Imagine a white line from your heart to the image. The simplest trick we all learn is to form something with our powers.” Fred told me.
I did so and the tiniest icicle formed on my finger. I imagined the white line pushing more power into it. The tiny spike grew rapidly into a long, glistening spear. “What next?”
“Wow. I never got my Stalagmite to get that big on my first try. Next, you cut him with it and imagine a white line from his heart to yours. His eyes should return to normal. That’s how you will be able to tell it is out of him.” Fred explained.
I slid the spear under his armor into his upper arm. I knew it had punctured flesh because the tip of the spear came back bloody. I imagined the same white line going from him to me, feeling stronger as I did so. His staring eyes changed from gold and blue to the same warm green I knew. I sighed with relief.
Thorn’s eyes flew open and he jumped to his feet, staggering a bit. “Argon, what did you do to me?” he whispered.
“I- “ I started.
“Answer me!” He yelled in my face.
“I don’t know!” I yelled back.
Thorn scowled. He snatched the keys off the ground, stomping out of the cell angrily, locking it behind him. “I will find out, Argon Nightshade. Just you wait.” Thorn stomped away.

Chapter 4

King Synth’s voice echoed in my head. I was tied eagle-spread on a table in the corner of the room I had woken up in. “Little sheep, youuu have something I want. I want your wool. Give me your wool.” He cackled. “Little sheepy. You have the Saurnd. Give me the Saurnd!” Synth’s laugh was that of a child’s. High and eerie.
A man of shadows appeared as Synth’s voice shifted into something new. It was a full and rich voice that drove away the dark of the king’s voice. “Argon. Your companion is a fraud. You must find the Council of the Marzad. We can help you. Now, you must awaken.”
I looked around frantically. Was this a dream? It was cold, dark and awful. The bruise Thorn had given me still hurt. “Sir? This can’t be a dream, I’m awake.” I whispered. A sound like shattering glass broke the silence and a spider web of cracks spiraled out from my table. All at once, I was falling into a light abyss.
I jerked up, breathing hard and my heart pounding. I thought about the dream and how, well who the man had been.
I heard voices outside my cell. “She must be destroyed.” I gasped. “Should I do it tonight?” The first voice said.
I stepped closer to the bars, trying to listen to what the men were saying about my execution. “Yes, do it tonight, before she gets too powerful. And do it right this time, Lau.” That voice belonged to King Synth. I sucked in a deep breath. How would I know when it was tonight? There were no windows! I had to get out before then.
I tore a piece of fabric off my worn pants and tied some of the strange bricks inside it. I thought about calling Fred but the man from my dream’s words came back to me. The footsteps receded and a string of words caught my attention. “She must know the Elvish council is alive by now.” I redoubled my efforts and cut the fabric of my cot with the side of the ice spear. I fashioned the ragged square of fabric into a small pouch, shoving all my things into them.
Looking up, I decided to try another ice formation. I imagined a blast of ice going to the bars and prying them apart. I closed my eyes and imagined the same white line from me to the image. I heard something crack, then screech. I opened my eyes and the bars lay in ruins on the ice covered floor. Backing up to the farthest wall from the door, I took a running leap at it. Pushing off a large hunk of ice and metal, I propelled myself over the wreckage and ran down the hall, toward some spiraling stairs I assumed would lead me out of the dungeon.
I turned a sharp corner, nearly careening into the wall. I saw a guard ahead and without thinking, I wrapped him in ice, so he couldn’t run and tattle on me. He protested, shivering and I covered his face in ice riddled with holes so he would live.
Prisoners grasped at my clothes from cells I passed, yelling things like: “You’ll never make it!”, “Let me out too!” and “Why are you so fast?”.
I ignored them all, still tense. A long bloodcurdling scream echoed down the corridor. I skidded to a stop, an old hag muttering something about how useless her cell was. I stepped over to her cell. “Excuse me, but do you know how to get out of here?” I asked politely.
She looked at me, still muttering. “Anna knows... yes she does. She has seen the guards leave each day from death door.” The old woman pointed at a black door. “Argon… you must leave here now. The king is a Marzad killer…”
I took a step back. “How did you know all of that? Who are you?” I said, not trusting this crazy old hag.
She smiled at me with a wisdom far beyond her age. “Anna knows things. Now go!”
I nodded and sprinted down the tunnel. Some part of my mind wondered if I would make it out alive. I passed something bright and I turned around, investigating the odd light. I saw a patch of blessed blue sky coming from what looked like a tunnel to the surface. A ladder led up. I limbed on, revolted at how slimy they felt. I climbed a few bars up, then a few more and I was nearly to the top. I reached for the grate right as a shadow passed over the grate. I jerked my hand back, then, deciding not to be a scaredy cat, I shoved the grate open. Two hands grabbed under my shoulders, pulling me out.
As soon as I was out of the dungeon, I looked at the person who had pulled me out. It was a young man with chocolate brown hair, shocking silver eyes and pale skin. He wore a dirty tunic with rope lacing the front shut. Snakeskin pants covered his legs and he stood on a dirt mound. He smiled at me, then threw me over his shoulder. I made a snowball and hid it with my wing.
“Vait, Snowstone. You vill be safe soon. I am Varlot. Ze land Marzad.” The man whispered to me. He had a thick accent, one that I couldn’t place. “Did Xenos get through to you? He vould have come in a dream. Vait. Vatch and see.”
Varlot’s dirt mound started moving. It hurtled over a fallen cart in the cobblestoned streets. I realized now I was in a town. I looked up and saw Thorn and another guard chasing us. My face darkened and I hurtled the snowball- now an ice ball- at him. Fortunately, it hit him. Unfortunately for him, it hit him smack dab in the nope zone.
He collapsed, groaning and losing his lunch. Something hit my wing. Something that burned like fire. “Yes he did, Varlot. He looked like a shadow man to me. What did he mean my companion is a fraud? And why did you call me Snowstone?” I said through gritted teeth.
“Good. All vill revealed soon.” Varlot jumped off the dirt mound and it turned around, attacking the last guard. Varlot sprinted for the looming woods that lined the horizon.

Chapter 5

“Varlot, you should slow down. You’ve been running for hours.” I reminded him.
“I… Vill not stop. I can’t. Ze other Marzad must speak to you. Besides, ve are not out of danger yet.” A twig snapped behind us as if to emphasize his point.
“Well, put me down then. I can walk you know. I can run too.” I said defiantly.
“No. You cannot valk. Zese voods are full of danger. You are not yet trained. Zey vill kill you without sinking tvise.” Varlot growled. “Now, jabbery princess shutting up PLEASE?”
I growled, but shut up. What was with this guy?
After a bumpy run, with me still on Varlot’s back, he finally let me down. “Ve are here. Jabbery Snowstone please do exactly vat I say. At least eef you vant to live.” Varlot glared at me. “Come.”
Varlot hissed a string of words in some foreign language. A nearby tree opened up a piece of its bark, revealing a tunnel. Varlot hissed a final remark and went in. He called back to me. “Vell, come on already.”
I nodded and followed him in. I looked around the dark tunnel in the tree, hopping over a few old roots and rocks. Most of what I could see was pitch black, but what I could see was a very tree-like interior. It had brown bark dotted with moss and a few owls perched on stray branches poking out of the walls. “Where are we going?” I asked Varlot.
“Ve are going to ze Marzad hideout. Now vait, alright?” Varlot muttered.
I scowled, staring at the ground. A fat mouse scampered out of my path. I kicked a few rocks. How long was this tunnel?
Soon, we got to the end of the tunnel. All there was there was a hole in the wall. “Ve are here, Snowstone. Show eet your magic.” Varlot said impatiently.
“Show what? And how? I wasn’t trained. Ever. You showed up out of nowhere and dragged me here. I never had- Oh. That.” I said. I imagined another ice spear forming in my hand. “Like that? And what is with the Snowstone? My name is Argon.”
Varlot groaned and grabbed the ice spear. “Let me show you, Snowstone. I meen, Argon.” He held the spear loosely, muttering under his breath. The earth bubbled up beneath us and I heard ice break. “This is how.” A glowing green light came from the earth below us. It rose until it separated from the earth and formed into a glowing green ball of light. “Ask your element for ze magic within eet.”
I did as he said, the pieces of my spear slightly glowing. The light rose until it was about eye level. I heard a grating sound, like stone on stone, and then we were falling, jerking my wings painfully. I heard a high-pitched scream and saw Varlot laughing. I didn’t know if it was my scream or his, but he was laughing hysterically. He had a beautiful laugh.
“What’s so funny?” I shouted at him.
Varlot snorted and said calmly. “This ees the gateway to the Marzad realm! This ees the fun part, Snowstone. Just you wait! Besides, can’t you fly?” Varlot started laughing hysterically again.
A small breeze started flowing past me and Varlot, slowing our fall. A female voice, light and slightly Scottish floated up to us. “Varlot, stop laughing. You know I could let you fall, right? I don’t have to save you. And what’s with the accent?”
“Euca! How’ve you been? I didn’t think you’d welcome me back that much.” His accent was gone, as if he had never had it. “You blew my secret.”
“You’re right, I’m horrible. I’ll stop.” The rush of air slowing our fall stopped dramatically, sending us free-falling from a near stop. “Just think about that for a bit.” Euca chuckled.
“ARGHH. VARLOT JUST WAIT” I whipped out my wings, slowing my fall.
“Eucalyptus Shadow put the air back on now!” Varlot yelled.
“Aww, if you insist.” Euca said gloomily. Varlot was screaming like a girl now, and less than a hundred feet to the ground. He kept falling, but stopped when his nose brushed the ground. He growled, ready to start throwing punches.
I flew up to where the voice had come from. A woman sat there, smiling. She wore flowing, pale pink robes with gauzy tendrils like a bride’s veil flowing out from her hair. She had light brown skin and black hair. The pink of her clothes complimented her crystal blue eyes perfectly. She grinned at me and Varlot slapped to the ground by me, groaning. He leapt up, stalking toward the woman.
“Euca…” he said angrily, face flushed.
“Varlot. How nice to see you,” Euca said, grinning. “I’d stop right there if I were you.”
He stopped, glaring at her. He swung his fist back.
Euca smirked, balling a hand into a fist. Varlot flew backward, slamming into a wall. Euca lifted her fist and Varlot was floating over the chasm. “You done yet? I want to beat you up.” Euca laughed Varlot glared at her darkly. “But I won’t,”
“Children, clam down,” a new voice said. “Get it? ‘clam’ down.” A man stood in a doorway on the ledge. He had olive skin, blond hair and mischievous hazel eyes. A rather good-looking man. He wore silver gauntlets, a scaly shirt, baggy leather pants and had a teal cloak flowing behind him.
Euca scowled and dropped Varlot on the ledge, stalking off down a tunnel.
The man smiled. “But seriously, though. Xenon wants you, Varlot.” His eyes landed on me. “Well, well, well, what do we have here? Another ice queen. Why am I not excited?” The man stepped over to me, kneeling and taking my hand. “I am Sir Orchid Rosebud. How may I be at your service?”
“You can just call him Okra!” Varlot commented. Okra shot a glare at him.
“Uh… ‘another’? Is that why Varlot called me Snowstone? There was another me?” I said tentatively, ignoring him.
“No, there is only one you. There was another ice Marzad. And Varlot was just trying to annoy you. Now come on. Xenon will want to meet you.” Okra held out his hand and smiled dashingly. “Let’s go.” I took his outstretched hand. “And by the way,” he whispered. “I think your power is pretty n’ice’.”
I rolled my eyes. Okra led me down a dimly lit tunnel, with fire lanterns attached to the sides. “So, who’s Xenon?” And where are we going?” I asked.
“Let’s go with the first, shall we? Xenon is the fire Marzad. He is the youngest of us-“
“OR SO HE SEEMS.” Varlot butted in.
Okra glared at him. “Go die in a hole, Varlot.” Okra growled. He turned to me, forcing a smile. “Where was i? Ah, yes. He has been around longer, but he is younger. Hard to explain. Here we are.” I looked away from him and he led me into a stone doorway with no door.
I would have asked him why they wanted me, but I sensed that answer would come.
“Ah, yes. Come in. I’ve been waiting for you. Eucalyptus?” A young boy sat at the front, who was doing the talking.
“Present.” Euca sat in a corner, watching the boy politely.
“Okra?”
“Present.” Okra said happily, leading me to a table with padded chairs.
“Varlot?” Xenon said as if surprised.
“Tardin.” Varlot sad.
“The same old Varlot. I want to talk with you later.” The boy turned his gaze on me. Looking about seven years old, he had tousled brown hair, piercing blue eyes, dimples and a scar tracing from his left cheekbone to his collarbone. His innocent face was pink and round. He smiled at me. “Miss Nightshade. It’s about time you decided to join us. You are the ice Marzad I assume?”
“How do you know my name?” I asked warily.
“Fire Marzad have many special traits. One is seeing the future.” There was something in the boy’s eyes that made him seem centuries old.
“And what seeing the future have to do with you knowing my name?” I demanded.
“You will know in time. Now, however, we have much to discuss.” Xenon folded his hands. “Orchid, will you come up here please?”
Okra walked to Xenon and sat in a chair by him. “Yes, sir?” He asked.
“Miss Nightshade, come sit by me.” Xenon offered.
I walked up to him and sat. He looked me in the eye and smiled. “Have you had any training?” He asked me.
“A little bit.” I focused and made a spear.
“Good.” He grinned. “You can make a sharp thing. But do you know how to use it?”
“Of course. You poke people.” I said smoothly.
Xenon grinned and a sword materialized in his hand. Blazing red with swirling, gold patterns on it. “Fight me.” A blast of fire shot past my head, singing my hair. Suddenly he was behind me, kicking me down. I grunted as I hit the ground. He smirked, putting a foot on top of me and holding me down.
I scowled, grabbing Xenon’s foot. I iced it over with barely a thought. He started smoking slightly and the ice exploded off of him.
In his moment of distraction, I pushed the small boy off me and darted to the other side of the room. He stalked after me, hands curling into fists. He air-punched toward me and fire blasted toward me, knocking me back.
I tried to remember what Fred had said about blasting ice. Then remembered I had taught myself that. I grinned and blasted ice at Xenon. He ducked easily and ran toward me. He blasted more fire at me and said, “is that the best you can do? Orchid, you’re in charge of training her now.”
He blasted another stream of fire at me and my shirt caught fire. I screamed and frantically blew it out. He took the opportunity to shove me down and keep me there with his sword. He smirked and got off, the sword vanishing.
“Enjoy training with Orchid.” He smiled and strode out of the room.

Chapter 7

“You have to keep your arms HIGHER, or else the enemy can do this!” Okra jumped over my arms and shot a blast of water at my legs, sending me spinning to the ground. I scowled at him and shot a blast of ice at his face, missing by three inches. He kicked me in the arm and pushed it to the ground. “Next time, keep your arms higher.” Okra got off my arm. “This marks the end of another day of training. Go sleep. You’ll need it.” He walked out a door in the training arena.
It had only been two days since I had escaped the castle, but the Marzad had overloaded me with bruises from Okra, too many good jokes to count from Varlot, annoyance with Euca and frustration at Xenon. I sighed and sat up. This was nothing like I had imagined earlier.
I heard a faint crunching sound and I jumped up, spear forming in my hand. I slowly spun looking around. The crunching sound happened again, louder. I whipped around to face it and threw the spear. It landed with a thunk and I heard a loud squeak. A white blur darted toward me. I heard more squeaks and turned around. A bunny sat behind me, shivering. I knelt down to it, muttering: “C’mere little one, I won’t hurt you.”
The bunny shifted again and shuffled fur on its back. A closer look at the oddly shaped fur let me know that it was not fur. They were feathers. The bunny had wings. Black tipped wings. It hopped backwards, squeaking more. I sighed and pulled a small piece of bread out of my pocket. It’s nose twitched and it hopped closer to me.

Pronunciation Guide and Dictionary.

Marzad (mar ZAD) A wizard-like being with power over one element.

Kaynad (KAY nad) A being who can control all the elements. Rarely is it human *Okra

Saurnd (SOAR nd) An ice Marzad *Argon

Dauzar (dow ZAR) An air Marzad *Euca

Jaudak (JAW dak) A fire Marzad *Xenon

Kaunaz (CAW naz) An earth Marzad *Varlot

Zaugar (ZOW gar) A water Marzad

Synth (sINth) The king of the land.

Varlot (var LOT) a quirky boy they meet.

I know this is long... Thanks for reading.

Female
247 posts

alphawolf14 • 21 January 2019 at 1:14 PM

This is awesome Write more and I write as a hobby

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 January 2019 at 3:39 PM

I will and thanks! what kind of books do you write?

Female
247 posts

alphawolf14 • 23 January 2019 at 9:29 AM

I write fantasy and adventure but sometimes it others.

Female
558 posts

telekinec • 23 January 2019 at 10:02 AM

I write young adult and fantasy stories 😊 I'd also like to be a Dungeon and Dragon DM so I could create and practice my creativity !

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 January 2019 at 10:06 AM

That's pretty cool. (I'm so glad i posted the book on here because i accidentally deleted the book on my computer)

Female
5 posts

peachypoi • 25 January 2019 at 7:36 AM

This is a masterpiece. This shows how much I've yet to improve on my writing. Your writing style is also similar to mine, although I write in third person most of the time and just as @telekinec had said, write moar, I thirst for your stories!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2019 at 12:35 PM

*blushes slightly* Thanks. I have a few more short stories i've written. We have a Christmas moose and mouse at our house and my little brother asked me about the story of why we had the moose. That one was just off the top of my brain and almost made me cry. I can post that. And i have another one too. An older one and really bad in my opinion.

Female
5 posts

peachypoi • 25 January 2019 at 12:39 PM

I say do it, nothing is really stopping you... besides cant be worse than mine right?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2019 at 12:43 PM

THE FORETOLD PROPHECY

WHEN THE TIME COMES THAT ICE TURNS TO FIRE, A NEWCOMER SHALL BRING FORTH AN ERA OF EVIL AND THE RISE OF DRAGONS.

Prologue

What is one kill along the way when you were promised power? Keon darted out of a castle that was black and covered with green slime from not enough washing. His orders were to find an old and falling-apart house that had a bluish glow to it, find the only child in the house, and force-feed him deadly poison deprived from the so-called ‘harmless’ Mimic Fern. Because Keon could read minds, he could see everyone’s dreams. They were chock-full with unicorns and rainbows. He shuddered internally at the amount of unicorns and flowers. He ran until he came to a grassy field filled with dead grass, in which a lonely house stood. The house was old and battered, but Keon knew not to underestimate any homes with magical children living in them.
Keon silently scanned the house, and sure enough, a window was open. He silently stepped through the window and surveyed the room. A chair stood in one corner of the small room. A bedroll on the floor not two feet from his shiny, black boots. A young boy lay peacefully on the mat. He dreamt of… nothing; his mind was a blank slate. It unnerved Keon.
Keon tiptoed over to him knelt beside him and muttered the spell that made the Mimic Fern oil poisonous. Keon then slid the blue liquid into his mouth. The boy shifted in his sleep. Keon tiptoed back to the window and shimmied out. A light came on in the house. Keon hid behind a pile of logs. Apparently he hadn’t been as stealthy as he’d thought.
“Joey! What are you doing? You’re supposed to be asleep.” A woman groggily said. She waited a moment and said, “Joey?” Keon saw the door to the kid’s room open and he heard her scream for her husband. He heard someone sprint out onto the deck out in front and onto the grass. Keon peeked out from his hiding place and saw a man racing to his hideout.
“Hey you!” the man shouted angrily.
Keon cursed his bad luck. And pulled a dagger out of his boot and held it to his side so that it was hidden by his shadow. You murdered our son! The man thought. The anger radiating off him was unmistakable.
The man stopped. “Come out with your hands up!” He shouted.
Keon sneered at the man, but stood up calmly and casually threw the dagger at the man. It sank up to the hilt into his leg. He screamed in fury and agony and fell to the ground. The scream had caught the woman’s attention and she hurried outside. She screamed at the sight of her husband on the ground, you killed my husband!! She screamed in her head, and then she practically threw herself at Keon and punched him in the gut. Keon, -unprepared for the attack- stumbled and fell on top of a rather large and grouchy, raccoon. The raccoon hissed and bit Keon on his seat. Keon winced and tossed the hissing, scratching raccoon away.
Keon got up and yelled a very rude word over his shoulder at the couple. He darted away from the house and ran to the dark castle looming high above the city. Above the handle-less doors there was a riddle:

A leathery snake with a stinging bite, coiled up I wait until I must fight.
What am I?
Keon stepped up to the dark, forbidding doors and briskly said, “A whip.”
The oaken doors creaked loudly and opened, revealing a dark hallway with a cold draft. Keon stepped into the hallway and dropped into an unknown secret passage.
He didn’t scream as he plummeted down. After falling for a long time, Keon fell through a squishy, wet substance that slowed his fall for when he hit a hard, smooth tile floor. The room he was in was lined wall to wall with black clad guards.
“Ah, Keon, you’ve arrived.” An oily voice said. “Did you do it?”
“Yes, Master!” Keon calmly replied.
“Did you kill any others?” the Master asked.
Keon bowed and answered, “I am unsure.”
“I see Talia got a punch at you. She is good at that. I recently caught a spy in my society. She works for the Rebellion.” He said the name as if it were rotten.
Two guards silently stepped forward. One held a dagger in his right hand. “Bring out the prisoner.” The Master ordered. “I can’t have betrayal in my society.” He jerked a thumb at a door Keon had previously failed to notice.
A woman walked out the door. She had long black hair and had chains around her wrists. “Keon, meet Nyx.” She blinked at Keon, and then stared into the Master’s eyes.
“I am innocent!” she cried.
“Ha! Don’t attempt that trick. I know you have been sneaking information to the Rebellion. Besides, when I disposed of your children, they tried the same trick!” The Master laughed. “Keon, Will you do the honors?”
Keon hesitated for a fraction of a second then took the dagger from the guard. Her eyes widened and he plunged the dagger through her heart. She crumpled to the ground.
The Master smirked. “I have trained you well.”

Part 1
Traitor  
Chapter 1
Erin slurped at a cup of herbal tea and winced as the heat burned her tongue. She looked up from her cup at her father and smiled. “Dad?” Erin asked.
He looked up at me and said, “Yes, Erin?”
“There’s a boy at school and he invited me to go to the city with him.”
“No.”
“But I didn’t even-“
“No, Erin.” He said in his don’t-argue-with-me voice.
She dropped her gaze and sipped her tea quietly. Suddenly the door burst open to reveal five armed men wearing silvery gold armor. Dad stood up. “What do you want?”
“We have come for her,” the lead man pointed his gun at Erin.
Dad stepped in front of me and said “Don’t touch my daughter.”
“You don’t have a choice.” The lead man shot Dad in the gut and yelled “Grab her!” as he fell to the ground gasping. Erin screamed.
Most of the men ran to grab Erin. She kicked one in the gut and bolted out the door, bee lining into the forest. Trees flew by as Erin leapt over fallen moss-covered logs and branches. She heard the curses and shouts from the men chasing her and ran faster.

Chapter2
Erin quietly moved through the tall grass toward a doe and her fawn. When they looked up, she froze. She stepped closer until she was in stabbing range.
The previous night Erin had returned to the house to collect supplies, but the men had raided the house of most of its things. They had taken Dad’s body with them. They had destroyed nearly all of the furniture and the walls had more holes in them than the furniture. It was good they hadn’t found the emergency stash that we had made together the previous summer; Erin now saw how shortsighted they had been. They had neglected to put a weapon into the stash along with some kind of food, such as jerky and nuts. Erin had found her Dad’s favorite hunting knife and was using that to hunt the deer.
Erin tossed the dagger at the deer, where it lodged in its neck. It bleated in fear and pain and ran a few feet before it fell to the ground and didn’t get up.

Chapter 3
Erin awoke to a person clearing his throat. “About time! I’ve been sitting here for forever! I must have grabbed the wrong dart.”
Erin blinked to clear her vision and there was a boy sitting across from her. Not just any boy, but the boy! His hair was brown with blond streaks and he looked scary cute.
“’I’m trying to save you?’ Is that seriously the best you could come up with? Why not at least an ‘oh, beautiful lady, I shall risk my worthless life to take you to a blinding white room.’” I said sarcastically.
“Best I could come up with on short notice. I’m Vasper. Tell me your name.”
“Is it your business to know?” I said rudely.
“Actually, it is. We’re the good guys.”
“Whatever. I’m Erin.” I said grouchily.
“I want to take off your handcuffs, but I don’t trust you. So… you will have to come with me.” Vasper said.
Only then did Erin notice the handcuffs on my hands. “It doesn’t look like I have a choice.”
“Okay, we understand each other. Follow me.”
Erin unwillingly did as she was told.
“I have a special power. I can read minds.”
“Well, great...” At least he doesn’t know about my ability to sing so well that everything-even the grass and bugs- forget what they were doing.
“Are you kidding? Cool! Try it on me!”
“You read my mind! How dare you!” she yelled. “But, ooh that’d be fun!” she smiled. Erin chanted a verse of a song she’d made up when she was little:
Never know what I have done,
Obey me till’ the night is gone.
What you’ve done while in this trance,
Will never match your silly dance.
This person’s impish smiley grin,
Cannot hide the horrors within.”
As Erin watched Vasper ‘dance’, she couldn’t help but giggle. It was so… cute. She snapped her fingers and he stopped dancing.
Vasper smiled. “I was hoping that you would say that that.” He smiled. “When are you going to hypnotize me?”
“I just did.”
Vasper took a small step away from me. “Oh. We’re here.” He opened the big doors that loomed in front of us and stepped in.

Chapter 4
Erin stepped into the vast room. A golden rug ran from the five large council seats down through the center and split into two paths leading out while rounded banners with golden edges drooped from the walls. Between each banner hung a small torch, none but a few have been lit and in turn illuminated the murals of conquerors and victors below them. Immense windows were enclosed by veils colored the same golden as the banners. The curtains were adorned with gilded linings and fine patterns. Four dragons sat on immense seats.
Vasper silently motioned for me to come to him. A blue dragon stood up. “All rise for Zohar!” she proclaimed.
“Well, I’m already standing, so that’s not a problem for me.” Erin muttered.
A door opened to the right of the four dragons and a slightly hunched green dragon with a regal air walked to his chair and sat down.
“Is a Miss Erin here?” Zohar said. He turned his head toward her. “Ah! I am glad you could make it here! Now, back to business. Do you, or do you not have the ability to summon and control fire?”
“Where did you hear that, you pile of rotting dung.” Erin said sarcastically.
Vasper shook his head frantically and slit a finger across his throat, his eyes wide with fear.
“Was that sarcasm?” Zohar said dangerously. He rose from his chair and darted toward Erin, breathing fire.
Zohar pounced on Erin. He tightly grabbed her with a claw and effortlessly lifted her off the floor. “Let’s see what you can do.”

Chapter 5
Erin gasped. Can’t he loosen up a little bit? She thought. She pounded her fists on his scales. The massive claw didn’t budge.
“Your attempts to escape are pitiful.” Zohar gave an extra hard squeeze.
“Let me go, you giant fiery worm!” He dropped me. Three things happened simultaneously, she landed funny, heard a snap, and felt pain blossom in her ankle. Erin yelled in helpless, pained fury as Zohar circled overhead.

That's all i've got so far.

Female
5 posts

peachypoi • 25 January 2019 at 12:52 PM

More on the fantasy side I see, still this is the stuff I like to read during road trips or just whenever really, just a lot more chapters to go and this would be a book I'd rarely put down

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2019 at 12:56 PM

Thanks!

Female
5 posts

peachypoi • 25 January 2019 at 1:06 PM

Oh and while your here I could use some constructive criticism in my Nomtuk's profile (the one egg in my avatar, click it to get there quick) I just want to see how someone far more experienced than me would re-write my monstrosity

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 30 January 2019 at 3:39 PM

@wingedfox I have a book I am writing. Can I post it on here? (I also need t edit it some more I think)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 January 2019 at 3:40 PM

@nekogirl Sure! If anyone else wants to post their works of art (books) on here, that's be great! I'd love to see all these ideas.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 30 January 2019 at 5:01 PM

I might need to edit this more. And I did before I posted it. AND I WANT YOUR TRUE OPINION PEOPLE!

The Spirit Wolf

Chapter one starting life

The cave was dark. Wolves were howling under the moonlight. And the pack’s newborn cub felt fuzz on her soft fur. She sniffed the cave. A damp smell wafted into her nostrils. And for the first time, opened her eyes. Everything was dark. And she could hear stalactites dripping with water into a small puddle. A white face with glowing blue eyes glanced into hers, pausing the moment. The wolf howled towards the front entrance of the cave. The sound hurt the cubs ears.
The howling ceased.
“Now, what is your name?” The wolf said, turning her head to the cub. “Hmm… Lucky. That’s your name. Lucky. Because I am Lucky to have you.” She said nuzzling her pup in the head. The cub looked confused.
“Where’s my cub?” A male wolf walking into the cave said. A faint gray diamond marked his head. And it was easier to see because her new pack was white. Several others followed him in. Lucky turned and tucked herself into her mother’s tail, most definitely terrified, but got nuzzled out backwards. The wolf bent down, and studied her.
“I think she is the perfect wolf to one day be our leader. With a little bit of training that is.” He said licking her head, then standing tall.

Loving the smell of flowers, sweet, sweet and sweet, Lucky jumped into a field of them. She had grown, and now hunting for her very first time (Even though she was two, and she wasn’t doing anything but playing). She poked her head up with a bunch of petals on her head and even one on her nose. She sneezed which blew it off. Then she saw a butterfly take the petals place. Ooh. She thought.
“Hi, winged thingy. My name is Charm. What’s yours?” she said soft and kindly. It flapped its wings and flew off.
“Wait,” Lucky called shaking off flowers. “You didn’t tell me your name yet!“ She raced after it.
“No! Come back!” Lucky jumped, trying to catch it in her paws, but missed badly. She giggled. And continued after it.
“Charm!” her mother called.
“Can’t talk! I’m busy.” she called back, still running.
“There’s a fawn for you!”
“What? Really?” Lucky skidded to a stop and turned around. A paw reached out and stopped her a couple seconds later.
“Where is it? Where is it?” She asked rapidly, looking everywhere.
“You didn’t think I would scare it away with me calling for you.”
Lucky searched for an answer. “Umm… maybe?” Mother rolled her eyes. “I got news from the pack.”
“Oh.” Lucky said.
“Come now,” Mother said nodding her head to the east. “We have work to do.”

“There it is.” Mother said, focusing on a White-Tailed deer and her fawn, grazing on fresh, green grass.
“Now, when I say pounce, you pounce.” She said to Lucky who was right next to her. Lucky lowered her body like her mom.
“So, why do need to go low like this?” Lucky asked stalking forward with her mother.
“It’s how you hunt. And 3…2……POUNCE!” Lucky sprang off the ground and leapt at her mother’s signal. But also a little late. The mother deer looked up at her with her fawn following his mother’s example. Lucky closed her eyes, hoping she would make the leap. Her claws griped something soft and landed on the fawn that was now struggling in fear. By instinct, Lucky knew to bite the neck to stop its heart. She opened her jaws and bit his neck. The pumping legs stopped. The Doe glanced at her dead son with horror. Then the pack sprang into view landing on her, led by Charms mom. The Doe panicked. And a wolf bit the it’s neck before it could kick Charms mothers head. Its heart stopped and all was still. “Thank you, Drake.” She panted. “Your welcome, Silver.” Drake replied, slightly bowing his head. He bit one of the fawn’s legs and dragged it to the tall grass where they hid. “Who was that?” Lucky asked, trotting over. “Drake. He’s your father’s best hunter.” Silver said, not taking her eyes off him.

Chapter 2
The flood

Lucky stalked after Drake, who was climbing atop the mossy cave. Forest pine tree shadows left them with small patches of light. When she was close enough, she pounced onto his back. “Whoa! What was that?” Drake said, knowing it was Lucky while trying to sound surprised and trying to keep his balance. Lucky hopped down like a cat off a fence.
“Hey, I know you.” He remembered.
”yeah, you do. You saved my mom.” Lucky reminded him. He smiled at her.
“Want to go for a hunt?”
Charms face lit up. ”yeah, I do!” she let the bottom part of her front legs touch the ground with her rear up in the air with a wagging tail on top.
“Ok, then. What are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Drake said nudging her down the cave. She giggled, and slid down the smooth surface. Drake followed by walking down.
“Drake!” Silver called from inside the cave. They reached the bottom and stopped at the cave. “Do you know where Lucky is? Because I want to tell her you two can go for a hu-” She paused when Lucky hopped out from behind Drake.
“That’s actually where we’re going righty now!” She giggled. “I said ‘righty now.’”
“Yes, we are. We’re going to hunt some more deer for dinner.” Drake replied. “I think someone ate it all.” He glanced at Charm.
“What?! It was yummy!” she said rubbing her belly, and feeling very guilty.
“Ok, then. Make sure she’s safe. And if something goes wrong, howl for the pack. We’ll be there. Now off you go.” Silver nudged Lucky away from the Cave.
“Ok. Bye, Mom!”
Lucky hugged Silver and went off with Drake.

Hours passed, and after the hunt, they dropped the deer off at the cave, then Lucky and Drake went exploring. Two mountains stood on either side of them. And though this was an old river bed, there were rock ledges on which Lucky climbed on the whole way. The white clouds grew darker. And rarely, a rain drop would fall on her nose. But Drake ignored the water, and stared at Lucky the whole time. She jumped down off a rock when she saw Drake stop moving and look ahead.
“Come on, Drake.” Lucky jumped onto his back and yanked his ears. He sniffed the air.
“Charm, we need to go. Now.” Drake said pulling away. He jumped to the lowest ledge.
“Why?” Lucky asked, tumbling off of him.
“There’s a flood coming.” He warned. Lucky gasped and jumped with Drake barely catching her by the scruff. He jumped a level higher. They heard a rumbling sound. Drake jumped again.
“Hurry, Drake.” Lucky panted. The flood came into view. Waves crashed against the stone walls. He jumped higher.
“Hurry.” The rain grew, getting cold enough it turned into hail. He was now two stories high. The hail started to hit them like rocks falling from the sky, knocking Drake off balance. The flood covered the dirt ground. He jumped again, drops from the flood splashed onto him causing him to lose his grip on Charm.
“AHHHH!!!!“ She cried, as she splashed into the ice cold flood.
“Charm!” Drake screamed, eyes darting around the murky water. But he could see no sign of her. Luckily, Lucky came to the surface and gasped for air.
“Drak-!” Her head fell under water again, but then came back up.
“Hel-!” Lucky moved her paws as much as she could to stay up. But failed every time. The current was pushing her down so it was much harder to breathe. But all the waves crashing into her did not help. Drake jumped from rock to rock trying to keep up with the cub. And finally, he stopped to pant and give up. Lucky heard a muffled howl from above the water, and saw Drake running after her. She closed her eyes to keep the water out, and passed out.

Chapter 3 Niko

Lucky felt as she just out-swam a shark. But thankfully, she was on dry land. With soft, white sand against her fur. Her eyes opened to see blue sky above her with white fluffy clouds. And a big round boulder to her right. She wondered what happened to her pack. Were they ok? Was Drake ok? Lucky could not stop thinking about him. Her pack. She closed her eyes again and fell asleep.

When Lucky woke up, a male wolf looked her in the eyes. She glanced around to find herself in a forest and not a sand bar. Lucky looked at the strange wolf. “W….Who are you?” Lucky stuttered.
“I ask the questions here. Who are you?” He asked boldly.
“C….Charm.” she answered.
“Why are you here?” the wolf asked.
“A….a flood brought me.” She answered. The strange wolf’s expression softened.
“Oh…”
He tucked his snout under Charms chest and helped her up.
Her legs wobbled underneath her. She was still trying to retrieve her strength. “Lost your pack, huh?” he asked. Lucky nodded, trying to focus on her legs. “You can join mine.” He offered.
Lucky smiled. “Ok.” She thanked.
“My name is Niko. What’s yours?”
“Charm.” She replied.
“Whoa. That name has got to go!” Niko demanded.
“Why? What’s wrong with it?” Lucky asked.
“Nothing but that’s a cub’s name. You’re going to grow up soon. You’ll need a new name. How about, Mist.” Niko asked.
Lucky shook her head.
“Skye.” Lucky glared at him.
“Ivy. Fern.” Lucky tilted her head.
“Echo.” Lucky made a face.
“Luna?” Lucky smiled then made it fade.
“Ember?” At that name did Charms ears perked up. But Niko didn’t notice it. “What do you want, Charm?” Charms ears drooped.
“Who’s Charm?”
“Uh… you are.”
“No. I’m Ember.” Nikos face grew a smile.
“Finally! You took so long! Now, let’s introduce you to my pack.” Ember nodded franticly. And Niko turned east and started to walk. Within about half an hour, Niko started up a mountain. And Ember slowed him down because he let her ride on his back. Niko stopped and fell under a tree.
“Are you ok, Niko?” Ember asked, jumping off before he landed.
“Yeah,” he answered. “Just a little pooped. I mean you riding on my back the whole really made me even more tired.”
“you mean like: I gotta go do my business, pooped?”
“No... I mean I’m tired.”
“Oh…” Ember helped him up.
“Come on. The sooner we get there the sooner you can rest. And the sooner I can meet more wolfs and can hunt.”
“Ok. Let’s go.” Niko said nudging Ember up the mountain.

Chapter 4
A new pack

After another 30 minutes, Niko and Ember reached a clearing with a circle of trees surrounding it. And the ground was no longer a ramp. It was flat land.
“Stay here.” Niko ordered, keeping Ember in the trees.
“Ok.” She replied, watching Niko enter and disappear in the cave. The air was slightly damp, and she could hear a flowing river. After she took in enough of the damp smell, she heard Niko call: “Ember! Come here! Now!” And she sprang out of the trees without thinking, and hit a wolfs leg.
“Who’s this?” the wolf asked in a grandfather-like voice.
“Oh, so sorry about that, Fang.” Niko apologized, pulling Ember away by the scruff.
“No, its fine, Niko. I may be old, but I’m also younger then you think.” Being farther away gave Ember a better view of the old wolf. He was grey with small white fur marks, and more fur around his neck, making him look like a lion. And his
“Fang!” a female wolf walked out of the cave, looking all around the clearing.
“You said we would have a new pack member. But when will they get…..” her gaze fell onto Ember. She gasped with excitement, and ran over to greet the cub. “Nyx. Shouldn’t you be hunting?” Fang snapped.
She bowed her head and tilted her ears back. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to meet the new cub. I’ll get back to it now.” She bowed, and walked away into the dark cave.
“Now, what is your name young one?” Fang asked Ember.
“She already has one.” Niko blurted. “It’s Ember.”
“Well then.” Fang replied. “Want to meet my pack?” He asked, bowing his head to her level. “Sure!” Ember cried happily.
“Come along, cub-“
“Ember.” She reminded him.
“Ember. Come along, Ember.” Fang looked at the cave. And Nyx trotted out followed by at least 14 or 15 others. A few of them seemed like teenagers. The others were adults with hyper cubs trying to follow them. But failed badly from being told to stay in the cave. And a couple whimpered.
“Is this your pack?” Ember asked.
“Yes, it is.” Fang replied. “And I am they’re leader.” He said proudly. “Pack! This is our new member! Welcome Ember!” Wolfs came forward and formed a line.
“Welcome, Ember, to our pack.” Said the first wolf, nodding.
“Ember, meet Lotus. He is second in command.” He said eyeing him, and giving him the look of: get, back into the cave, and watch those cubs. Nyx came in second. “Welcome.”

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 31 January 2019 at 8:06 PM

@nekogirl I love your story!!! Do you like wolves? I really do.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 January 2019 at 8:22 PM

Yeah, @nekogirl this is great!

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 1 February 2019 at 12:19 PM

Thanks. I like Cheetahs more than Wolves, but A: How would I be able to fit a Cheetah in the forest? They live on the African Savanna. B: Wolves are like, a very close second on my favorite animal list. AND I LOOOOOOOVE ANIMALS. How would you even find a specific animal on that list? I was also thinking of making a book where there is a young Neko, half human half cat, who grew up in an orphanage. Than when she is adopted, those new parents die, she runs off, and finds herself in the middle of a war and finds out that only she, and the side that are only protecting themselves, the good side, gotta stop that war. Then, since I didn't get very far in it, I didn't get very sucked into it, so I quit doing it. I also have some more fantasy books I quit.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 February 2019 at 5:55 PM

Which ones are those? You can post them on here. @nekogirl

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 6 February 2019 at 7:33 PM

Well, I would prefer not to post them but I can say them. One was like that one, except, The main character (a human) has to move away when she has barley any friends, and in her new house she finds a portal to another dimension. But before that happens she meets a boy and they go through the portal. Just like the other one there is a war that only they can stop. Another book was like a looooooong time ago that I thought of it. It was a princess who has been 'trapped' in the castle for her whole life. And then when she runs away she finds a dragon egg and raises the dragon. Then I didn't get sucked into that one so I decided to edit it so it was an elven princess who found it the forest where all the elves live. This is what I imagined her looking like:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Bz3Nk

Female
203 posts

lordwinnie • 22 February 2019 at 6:33 PM

(This is great! Would you like to read my marvel story?
http://magistream.com/25-tea-house/222677-marvel-apprentices-a-marvel-story.html
It’s a Avengers story.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 February 2019 at 8:45 PM

@lordwinnie Love that! It's a great idea.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 25 February 2019 at 8:53 PM

Just seeing this now. I write as well (my status really gives it away 😊 ). Right now on another website I'm writing (editing really) a story I made about wolves (I can post that one here if you want). I'm also writing a short book about elves and have tons of other ideas for books. I really want to be a published author.

All of your stories are really interesting and good!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 February 2019 at 9:00 PM

I want to be one too. I usually model my books and characters after my life, or people in my life. (No I was not kidnapped by a psychotic evil overlord)

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 25 February 2019 at 9:39 PM

Yeah. Sometimes when something happens to me, I think about it in my mind if I add it in a book. For example I am crying: Tears fall down (this persons cheek). It was cold and wet. (this person) licked it off.

367 posts

kudo • 28 April 2019 at 9:41 PM

does anyone know wattpad? xD
i'm redryne on there haha

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 April 2019 at 1:28 PM

@nekogirl cool! That's a great writing style.

@silvershadow I do! I'm not very active on there, but I will definitely read your stories!

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 29 April 2019 at 5:10 PM

@wingedfox Thanks! I'm also starting a book called: You Thought It You Got it. (Whats it about? WHATS IT CALLED?!)

367 posts

kudo • 30 April 2019 at 3:30 AM

@nekogirl WAIT YOU ALSO THINK LIKE THAT