Earth Day Creature Suggestion: Thantra

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you recycle?

Female
115 posts

redflipflap • 13 February 2019 at 6:19 PM

Hello everyone! This creature was designed in recognition of the mass amounts of plastic that contaminate the beautiful oceans of the Earth. I hope this inspires you to start recycling or contributing in other ecofriendly ways in your community!

Art: https://imgur.com/a/LXcfHqT
It's not colored yet, but should I ever get around to it, I wanted to model this off of the generic grocery store bags that say "THANK YOU" in red lettering.

About the Thantra Egg:
The Thantra egg has a sheen, thin plastic-y layer outside of it. Finding this egg is quite a rare occurrence, considering the parents of the Thantra are extremely overprotective. Ark scientists believe that the smooth, flexible sheet that covers the egg is a trait that has evolved over time. Long ago, Thantra were on the verge of extinction due to predators such as the Magmish preying on the young ones. If there is ever a disturbance near by, the current of the waters rustle the material that covers the Thantra, causing alarm to the entire fleet.

About the Thantra creature:

Thantras often flock in a large group called a fleet. This way, they embrace the idea of safety in numbers as well as being able to find large amounts of food at once time. Many of the female Thantras take on the hunting role in the fleet community while the males look after the children.

Weight: 1,635kg
Height: 3m

Thank you all for your support! #redflipflapart #creaturesuggestion #earthday

Random pings: @jirachiwishmaker @moonweaver @raccoon @thedarkarcher

Female
353 posts

qerrats • 21 February 2019 at 6:11 PM

@redflipflap Awww, so CUTE!!! I like the idea of a recycling creature, and I haven't seen any of those sea-animals (lol I forgot what it was called ) and YES, we do recycle.

Female
413 posts

murfijs • 2 March 2019 at 3:16 AM

its a very awesome creature suggestion! i think it looks very creative.you have such a good creature idea