The Marshmiaowlo: Anytime Creature suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think of the Marshmeowlo?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 19 February 2019 at 9:39 PM

#creaturesuggestion

Hello! This is my second creature suggestion! I've actually doodled and played around quite a lot with this little guy, and finally decided to try and have it be a creature here!

Image: https://imgur.com/a/IcTrmdS OR https://imgur.com/I4LKEuv

Habitat: CANDYLAND!!! (there NEEDS to be a candyland, but I guess maybe Grasslands?)

Height: 0.354 meters

Weight: 0.222222 meters

Egg description:
It is not uncommon for campers to bring marshmallows on a camping trip. What's not to like? But occasionally, after pulling a burnt marshmallow out of the fire, a Marshmiaowlo is born. You're about to take a bite, when, something moves. Is it a tail? Marshmiaowlo eggs are surprisingly speedy, so if you notice legs and a tail on your Marshmallow, don't try to eat it! Instead, place the egg back into the fire, to comfort the baby Marshmiaowlo, and ensure that it hatches safely.

Creature description:
Awwww, so cute! That is what many Arkians say upon their first look. But don't be fooled. If the Marshmiaowlo wasn't introduced to humans as an egg, their attitude towards them is quite hostile. Often, travelers make the mistake of reaching out and petting a Marshmiaowlo. Instantly, they are set upon by the Marshmiaowlo's family. Often the survivors of these deadly attacks have more than scratches and cuts. But a tame Marshmiaowlo, that's something almost completely different! When tamed, they are quite friendly and curious. Oftentimes, a Marshmiaowlo follows their owner everywhere, purring and smiling the entire way. In fact, even wild Marshmewlo are quite friendly towards each other. It is just extremely rare for people to see this.
They travel in groups, which often consist of a Marshmiaowlo's family. The reason is that, because the it doesn't have any hips to speak of, it is extremely easy to get stuck in a sitting position. When stuck this way, Marshmiaowlo are very vulnerable to predators. When this happens, a member of their group will come over and push the Marshmiaowlo back onto it's feet.
As an egg, Marshmiaowlo are quite small, about the size of your average marshmallow. But they quickly grow, and soon their color changes, too. As an adult, they are the color of powdered sugar.
Marshmiaowlo may be a rough creature to deal with at first, but once one trusts you, it will be the loyalest companion you have ever known.

I hope you enjoy the Marshmiaowlo!

Female
3 posts

qerratz • 19 February 2019 at 9:43 PM

ACK!!! I ALWAYS forget pings. Whelp, here they are (tell me not to ping you if you don't like it!):

@moonweaver
@wolfkit
@stevepat2002
@skyfall4
@ ??????? Ping your friends! 😸

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 19 February 2019 at 9:48 PM

@qerrats

Ahhh!!!! That name! How did I miss that for my collection?! Well, I just snagged it 😈

Anyway, super duper cute! Maybe make the butterfly a type of candy or something edible?

Also, I making 2 suggestions, gonna ping ya 😃

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 February 2019 at 12:16 AM

@qerrats
Aw that's cute! 😃 Perhaps make the stick legs look like twigs, and the corners of the creature rounder? IDK, but I'd like to say it's very cute indeed! 😃

@moonweaver Hmm Moon me too actually, shall I ping you 😃 *remind me*

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 February 2019 at 12:28 AM

@moonweaver
Thank you! I shall fix... when I have time... XD
@skyfall4
Oooooh, twigs!!! THE MARSHMEOWLO SHALL UNDERGO CHANGES!!!! 😋 😃

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 2 March 2019 at 3:17 AM

its soo cute ❤️

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 3 March 2019 at 8:20 PM

@murfijs Thank you! 😸

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 March 2019 at 4:49 PM

@qerrats Aww!! This is adorable!! I love this idea.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 18 March 2019 at 4:51 PM

@wingedfox Awwww, tysm! 😸