The Battle of the Hybrids ~ RP Sign-Ups ~ Always Open

in Roleplaying

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 21 June 2019 at 4:15 PM

Before we start, let me say one thing: I haven't been on in a while and planned to leave, but a friend recently convinced me to post a roleplay idea I had here. I may not be taking care of pets, necessarily, but I'll still be in the forums from time to time. Anyway, now that that little bit is out of the way, let's get to the roleplay~

Lore

The hybrid population is rising, and creatures are now mixtures of several different breeds which were once considered separate. They inhabit powerful and dangerous attributes, frightening the humans. In response, these humans have begun to hunt and kill such creatures in order to keep themselves safe. They even capture some and keep them in "concentration camps" as slaves, test subjects, or breaking experiments. The cruelest use of all, they'll even captivate these hybrids simply as a lure for their loved ones. Angered, the hybrids began joining together to wreak havoc on the humans in a desperate attempt to stop them. With this, war breaks out.

Animals have now enhanced their skills, strength, adaptation, and intelligence through these new builds, and have even learned to forge weapons or use a human's. However, the humans still have the upper hand, remaining more advanced, especially with technology. Being more successful in their endeavors than these hybrids, they've been able to force down most populations. The only remaining survivors are feline hybrids and canine hybrids. The feline hybrids have banded together in groups they call "Colonies" to fight against the humans, whilst the canine hybrids have joined the humans' side, aiding them in the war.

Although some feline hybrids stray out in well-insulated, well-hidden areas from human civilization, the canine hybrids are kept under careful watch and few have been reported to live outside the human cities. However, that doesn't account for traitors--but there have been none such yet.

Territories

| ~ | Humans | ~ |

The human settlements spread throughout the world, but the capitol--the largest and most important of all--is known as Elensdale. It also goes by the nicknames of "The Mechanic City," "The Electric City," or "Main-Street City." It's heavily guarded with canines and highly-enforced technology. The code is: no-one gets out, no-one gets in. There are no exceptions but one: The Winter Purge. During the second week of January, humans flock to the Elensdale gates and are accepted into the large city, and only then can other humans leave. The security rates rise dramatically, often taking guards from nearby concentration camps. Of course, leadership positions such as generals are allowed in and out of the city at any time, as well as hunting patrols, but The Winter Purge is the largest intake and outtake of civilians.

There are three main concentration camps, scattered around the outskirts of Elensdale. Ekrin lies on the left side of Elensdale, five miles away, guarded by electric barbwire. It holds up to five hundred hybrids. Salno lies on the right side of Elensdale, just the same as Ekrin except larger. It holds up to seven hundred hybrids. The biggest, most hidden, and most guarded concentration camp sits just ten miles behind Elensdale, and the storage and captivity triples from Salno's rates. Fifteen hundred hybrids are held captive in this facility; Vermin. The humans felt it appropriate and fitting to name this necessity in the war after their common name for the hybrids of which they loathe.

| ~ | Hybrids | ~ |

There are five main cat settlements, all scattered in the forest that lays wait around twenty miles from Elensdale.

The Fire Colony, prominent for setting fire to human settlements and concentration camps in an act of rebellion. Its territory is marked by scorched patches on the trees and ground from training and a thick, smokey scent in the air.

The Shadow Colony, known for launching ambushes on humans and infiltrating their settlements and concentration camps for information. Its territory is laden in shadow, the darkest part of the forest, and often fog trails through the trees in its territory.

The Storm Colony, primarily known for their uncanny expertise in swimming and their cruel weapon of forced drowning. Their territory sits on the edge of the forest, beside a large lake that stretches out as far as the eye can see. There the air is damp and humid, and the grass underfoot is soggy, the leaves weighted down with water.

The Swift Colony, renowned for their agility and swiftness, able to discover and slip inside nearly any human settlement and their history for launching the best attacks, using their size and shape to their advantage. Their territory resides within an open clearing near the heart of the forest, distinguishable by the flattened grass and clean area.

Lastly, the Timber Colony. These cats are known for their excellence in climbing and are nearly as talented in ambushes as Shadow Colony. They tip and tumble a variety of objects, from boulders and branches to rooted-up trees. Their territory is cluttered with random things and nearly impossible to pick your way through--the only somewhat clean area is their camp, nestled between boulders and trees.

Note: I'm working on a map, so keep a look-out for that! 😸

Ranks

| ~ | Humans | ~ |

No, we can't play as humans as it's not exactly the point of the roleplay. However, it would help to at least know their ranks, right?

The Ruler - The Ruler is the highest rank possible in the human race. As said in their name, they rule over all humans. Every city and every camp is managed by The Ruler. Whatever they say goes. All humans are vowed to respect this authority, and any who betrays their word is executed in the name of said Ruler. Though they visit cities commonly to patrol them, they always live within Elensdale.
Current Ruler: Aykin Beverlik

Administer - The Administer is the leader of a city, as well as all the concentration camps within a hundred mile radius of their city. Though they are below The Ruler, they do pass on commands and make decisions that regard their city and concentration camps.
Elensdale's Administer: Everdin Ason

General - The General is the leader of a city's militia. There are normally three of them per city, and they obey the Administer's commands, as well as passing them on to their militiamen. They often guide militiamen through hunts or attacks and set them on guard.
Elensdale's Generals: Aaron Beso, Cayli Korimi, Orso Movachic

Militiamen - The militiamen are considered the soldiers, hunters, and guards of a certain city. They hunt down and capture feline hybrids, guard their city or concentration camps, etc. when given order from their General. They're often split into three groups, known as troops, and led accordingly by one of the Generals.

Citizen - It's pretty easy to tell what a citizen is. They're civilians; the settlers or commoners among cities. They're just trying to get by and survive among this war, but they don't want to get involved.

| ~ | Canines | ~ |

Alpha - This canine hybrid is known as the leader of the Pack. The canine often works alongside the highest ranks of their city, such as the Administer of their city, and is chosen to rule over the Pack by said Administer. They are known as the Administer's Guardian-Dog and issue commands to the Beta, as well as make announcements to the Pack.
Elensdale's Alpha: Storm {Animalliterature}

Beta - This canine hybrid is known as the second-in-command of the Pack. The canine often works alongside the higher ranks of their city, such as the Generals, and is chosen by the Administer to lead this role--most likely having been one of The Trinity. Once the Alpha passes, it's their job to take over their position. They pass on commands to The Trinity and make sure every wolf is in check, taking reports from The Trinity and giving them to the Alpha when they get out of hand.
Elensdale's Beta: Shadow {Animalliterature}

The Trinity - There are three Trinity members, known as the head of each station--war-dogs, guardian-dogs, and scout-dogs. They are the best and most qualified of each rank, chosen to lead them along. They take up issues and settle them, and often are the cause of canine executions. They lead their dogs into battle, set them where they need to be, or send them off to explore new areas, accompanying them the better part of the time.
Elensdale's Trinity: Ice {Animalliterature}, Loki {Animalliterature}, Amaranth {Animalliterature}

War-dogs - These canines are known as the soldiers of the Pack. They battle with outsiders, fighting until their inevitable death. They're trained in the ways of war, and are often the ones to start a fight.

Guardian-dogs - These canines are known as the protectors of the Pack. They may be set to guard a certain civilian, or to guard the city itself. Either way, they are just as qualified as war-dogs, though they stay within the city bounds rather than launching their own attacks.

Scout-dogs - These canines are not trained to fight. They scout out and explore areas, sometimes stalking or infiltrating feline camps. They can be considered spies, masters of stealth alike Shadow Colony cats and swift as Swift Colony cats.

Training pups - Training pups are young canines between the ages of six to twenty-four months who are being trained in the ways of whatever role is set out for them since birth. It's rare for them to follow the same duties as the full ranks they later grow into, but they do experience the brutality of them.

Pups - Pups are very young canines between the ages of zero to six months. Though they are not taken care of by their mother, they are well-protected by humans. As they age, the Administer will choose what rank they will fall into in the future, but for now, all they do is grow and try to survive.

| ~ | Felines | ~ |

Chief - The Chief of a Colony is the leader. They make all the important decisions and, with the help of their second-chief, they plot out attacks and raids on human settlements and concentration camps. Their highest priority is making sure their Colony is safe and well-protected.
Fire Colony's Chief: N/A
Shadow Colony's Chief: N/A
Storm Colony's Chief: N/A
Swift Colony's Chief: N/A
Timber Colony's Chief: Pine {Animalliterature}

Second-chief - The second-chief of a Colony is the second-in-command and the next in line to become Chief, chosen by the Chief themselves. They pass on announcements to the Colony, though they don't issue orders, can be often found leading patrols into battle, and plot out attacks on human settlements and concentration camps with the Chief.
Fire Colony's second-chief: N/A
Shadow Colony's second-chief: N/A
Storm Colony's second-chief: Fog {Animalliterature}
Swift Colony's second-chief: N/A
Timber Colony's second-chief: N/A

Healer - The Healer of a Colony is basically the doctor. Their job is to heal wounds and treat the sick and injured. They are considered the third-in-command, but most things don't reach them unless they're large plans. They also keep an eye on arguments within their Colony, but their main priority is to keep the Colony healthy.
Fire Colony's Healer: N/A
Shadow Colony's Healer: N/A
Storm Colony's Healer: N/A
Swift Colony's Healer: N/A
Timber Colony's Healer: N/A

Warrior - The warriors of a Colony are the hunters and fighters. They participate in both battles and hunting patrols to bring food back to the Colony, such as fish from the lake or food items from human settlements.

Caretaker - A caretaker is an expecting or nursing mother which lives in the nursery. Until their kittens are neophytes, they are temporarily retired warriors.

Neophyte - A neophyte is a young cat from six to twelve months old. They are currently being trained in the ways of a warrior, learning how to fight.

Kitten - A kitten is a very young cat from the ages of zero to six months old. Their only job is to grow and survive.

Roster

Canines {Elensdale}

Alpha ~ Storm {Animalliterature}

Beta ~ Shadow {Animalliterature}

The Trinity ~
Head war-dog: Ice {Animalliterature}
Head guard dog: Loki {Animalliterature}
Head scout-dog: Amaranth {Animalliterature}

War-dogs ~

Crescent {Animalliterature}

Crimson {Animalliterature}

Guardian-dogs ~

Angel {Animalliterature}

Honey {Animalliterature}

Scout-dogs ~

Marigold {Animalliterature}

Training pups ~

N/A

Pups ~

N/A

Felines

~ Fire Colony ~

Chief ~ N/A

Second-chief ~ N/A

Healer ~ N/A

Warriors ~

N/A

Neophytes ~

N/A

Caretakers ~

N/A

Kittens ~

N/A

~ Shadow Colony ~

Chief ~ N/A

Second-chief ~ N/A

Healer ~ N/A

Warriors ~

Reed {Animalliterature}

Neophytes ~

N/A

Caretakers ~

N/A

Kittens ~

N/A

~ Storm Colony ~

Chief ~ N/A

Second-chief ~ Fog {Animalliterature}

Healer ~ N/A

Warriors ~

Burnt-Eye {Animalliterature}

Neophytes ~

N/A

Caretakers ~

Frost {Animalliterature}

Kittens ~

N/A

~ Swift Colony ~

Chief ~ N/A

Second-chief ~ N/A

Healer ~ N/A

Warriors ~

Zag {Animalliterature}

Neophytes ~

N/A

Caretakers ~

N/A

Kittens ~

N/A

~ Timber Colony ~

Chief ~ Pine

Second-chief ~ N/A

Healer ~ N/A

Warriors ~

N/A

Neophytes ~

N/A

Caretakers ~

N/A

Kittens ~

N/A

~ Others ~

Captured Felines ~

{Ekrin}

N/A

{Salno}

Flurry {Animalliterature}
Cloud {Animalliterature}
Silver {Animalliterature}
Mist {Animalliterature}
Snow {Animalliterature}

Outsiders ~

[2/10]

Wisp {Animalliterature}
Fawn {Animalliterature}

Rules

1. Follow the original EggCave rules!

2. Ask for permission before killing or seriously injuring someone else's character.

3. Do not be a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. This means you cannot be perfect.

4. No godmodding or powerplaying. They're hybrids, not gods.

5. Romance is allowed, but keep within the boundaries that EggCave has already laid down.

6. There's no limit on characters other than outsiders, but please don't take too many major roles or fill up an entire Colony. Spread it out a bit and let others have a chance, please. It's only fair.

7. Try to use proper English.

8. To confirm that you've read everything (especially the rules), put the name of your favorite animal in "Other" on your form.

9. Avoid anything that can trigger or that might be unsettling. Act like a twelve-year-old with PTSD is reading this.

10. Feline hybrids & canine hybrids are the only playable creatures. No other animals and certainly not humans.

11. Have fun!

As a further note, the hybrids are cross-animal hybrids, not cross-human hybrids. Sorry for any confusion on my part!

Form

Anything with a hyphen {-} beside it is optional

Name:

Species: {If there's a specific other breed, please list!}

Rank {if Colony cat, add Colony name as well}:

- Past:

Appearance:

Personality:

- Family:

Other:

My Forms

Name: Fawn

Species: Cat-deer hybrid

Past: Fawn was raised outside the Colonies and away from all human civilization. She hadn't even heard of the furless creatures until she awoke one day to see her den crumbling as her parents were dragged out of it. She just barely escaped, and stumbled upon Shadow Colony territory after a long day of running. There she met Reed, who explained to her the war between humans and hybrids, as well as the way of the Colonies. After Fawn turned down the idea of joining one, Reed offered to train her in secret, to which she accepted. She's been meeting with the Shadow Colony warrior each day since.

Appearance: Fawn is a light brown she-cat with white speckles and darker brown dapples, as well as wide green eyes. With a short, stubby tail and hooves for paws, she resembles the deer part of her quite well, especially with her pattern.

Personality: Fawn is a kind and playful she-cat, her most dominant feature being her curiosity, though she still doesn't know much about the outside world.

Family: Unknown

Other: Serval or wolf

Female
785 posts

pretzel • 21 June 2019 at 5:02 PM

Name: Twinkle Kaniki

Species: Cat-Bunny

- Past: Twinkle lived alone ever since she became neophyte. Mostly because she ran off from her Colony from a attack. She watched the other cat colony's watching them train the other Neophytes learning her skills making her quite talented at a few things that each colony does. Climbing, Ambushing, and Starting fires.

-Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/672936369301480130

Personality: She is cold and barely smiles. She's that type that would be happy to see you. But wont show it. She would help you then leave you alone with a cold "Goodbye.". She is also quite and Swift like the swift Colony cats.

- Family: Her mother is Wish Anaki (Dead.) Dove Anaki (Sister). ??? (Father.)

Other: My favorite animal is Dogs and Cats. xD (Her voice sounds like Eclipse from Star and the forces of evil)

1,478 posts

arcana • 21 June 2019 at 5:47 PM

Name: Helira Leighis
Species: Cat-Dove hybrid
Past: Her mother was the former healer and passed her skills down to her daughter. She died recently and as the best candidate, was chosen as Healer.
Appearance: She has short white fur with black accents, and a pair of pure white wings. While she isn't a great fighter, she has perfected a method of dodging attacks and gaining the upper hand. She has piercing blue eyes and a long, slightly gray tail. She often keeps a bag of herbs with her.
Personality: She is fiercely defensive of her Colony, she has little fighting skill and knows it. She has very high standards for herself and puts up a happy face so that she doesn't drag the colony down.
Family: Mother: Cariula Leighis(Deceased), Father: Efino Leghis(Deceased),
Other: One of my favorite animals is the Chinchilla!

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 21 June 2019 at 6:05 PM

@pretzel

Thanks for filling out a form! The only problem is that the hybrids are between animals, not humans. Sorry if I didn't elaborate on this. Unless the picture was just a placeholder or was just a representative such as color scheme, I'd like it if you could change it a bit? Again, thank you!

@arcana

Thank you for filling out a form! Alike Pretzel, I only found one issue--the picture shown was one between human and cat. Unless this was just a representative of color scheme and such, could you change it a little? I'm sorry if I wasn't so clear on this part, I'll edit it more. Again, thank you!

I'll go ahead and fill out a form or two, as well, just for examples ^^

Once this is cleared up, both of you are in! 😸

1,478 posts

arcana • 21 June 2019 at 7:08 PM

@animalliterature
I am so sorry! I will edit my post. A clarification, do you mean a hybrid of feline/canine animals with other feline/canine animals, a hybrid of any animal and a feline/canine or something completely different?

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 21 June 2019 at 9:12 PM

It's completely fine! The mistake is on my side for not explaining. The hybrid is of any animal and a feline or any animal and a canine, though the most predominant features are feline-like or canine-like characteristics. Hope that helped 😸

If you're still confused, my form Fawn in the main post might be a good example. I'm currently working on several others since I maintain the majority of characters 😋 Hopefully they'll be of some example.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 22 June 2019 at 10:25 AM

Please do not post links so large that they break the page layout. If you have a very large link you want to post please use one of the link shortening options available on the internet or find a different link.