How Do You Use Your Creature Profiles?

in General

1,029 posts

rowyn • 21 July 2019 at 12:59 PM

So, I'm back-ish? from a semi hiatus and I've been going through my creature profiles, and my own, and cringing the entire way depending on the creature. With my own profile finished, for now, I'm looking to update my creature profiles. So I'm posing this question to all of you: How do you use your creature profiles? What do you put on them?

I'm following this, so a ping isn't necessary, but I'm not gonna bite your head off for pinging.

EDIT: Also, please note, I'm a returning user, not a brand new user. I'm asking what you or your friends do with your creature profiles, and nothing else.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 July 2019 at 1:42 PM

I usually put a little info about the creature (how I got them, what I traded, date frozen/starred, etc)

And sometimes I make little stories about them😊 Ik a few people who like to make little adventure things with questions and links to other creatures.

You could also put your Wishlist, Trading Rules, etc. on their profile and link the creature to your profile ^^

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 23 July 2019 at 3:08 AM

Most of mine just have a "Not for trade" message. Although I haven't gone through lately so some that should have it, don't.

For some I have how I got the creature. For example Brillea the Gamaeso I purchased from the Thief shop and Cylone the Zinhir I won in the lottery.

Personally, unless I'm linked there for some reason, I rarely read creature profiles. I will often scan user profiles for a note about feeding, if I'm feeding from a cove. However, I use the Click Exchange as my main source of creatures to feed, so I don't need to read individual creatures for permissions.

Also as a side note, the easiest way to delete wall messages is to open the trash can in a new window as you scroll through. Then close the windows down. I use the Ctrl-left click/Ctrl-W method I also use for feeding. This method means the page doesn't reload between each deletion.

1,029 posts

rowyn • 23 July 2019 at 9:34 AM

@wigglytuff sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy ^^; I actually did have several creatures linked in that manner, but it seems tedious to me to fuss with that now, so i did away with it. I currently have stage if frozen, travel i put on them, other for stars/special dates and such, and finally trade status, but I'm debating doing more. I'm not sure i want to do little stories, but in a way, just that blip of info seems so little to me :/

@minnie298a same, any creature stolen after spring of last year or so has nothing, another reason i wanna update.
I have a couple I got through the CDWC, the Kelpa and Dorrup, so i have that noted on the specific one from the CDWC, but i only note special circumstances like that, or the date i got them. Sometimes i do info about their names, but that's only if i think it's really interesting. For example, my Rayuns are all three named after a trio of mythological horses that serve the same goddess.
Except for the click exchange not being my main method of feeding, I'm the same. If I'm wanting to trade and after a specific date, for example July 4th because that's my birthday, I'll skim through creature profiles if they have one, but that's about the only time I'll actually look through an entire creature profile if need be. I figure if i expect people to read that in my creatures' profiles, it's fair if i do the same. But even then, i check date stolen first, then profile for trade status if the creature isn't already in a trade lot/trade storage cove.

I actually tried that for wall comments. I still didn't like deleting them and that method never quite worked for me, so it's always been a pain regardless of what i did ^^;