Suggestion - Lock Icon on Creatures Page

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Your thoughts?

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 8 November 2019 at 12:37 AM

I wish that, for creatures who are in a pending transaction, a lock icon appears beneath them in the My Creatures page. In the Inventory page, if an item is in a pending transaction, a lock icon prevents you from transferring it to your Strongroom. However, on the Creatures page, there is no such prevention keeping you from (trying to) change the name of a creature in a pending transaction. This does not affect travels, as travels can be removed from creatures in transactions.

Fix: A. Replace the "Rename Creature" icon with a lock of the same color and shape to fit in the row.
B. Simply remove the "Rename Creature" icon and instead put the lock icon in the blank space of the bottom right corner of the creature "card".

Explanatory image: https://imgur.com/a/vF5oSC3

Tell me what you think!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 8 November 2019 at 6:52 AM

@jello not sure if this helps but this shows all your locked creatures
https://eggcave.com/cove/locked

But what you’re saying would be amazingly helpful lol

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 8 November 2019 at 9:24 AM

@stevepat2002 yes, I am aware of this page. However, this does not show locked and non-locked creatures in the same page.

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 9 November 2019 at 9:45 PM

@jello
You can't actually change the name of the creature, that function/ability was removed years ago. I know it gives you the option but when you try you get a message saying "You have selected creature(s) that are currently locked in a pending transaction.".

I can see a visual being helpful for some people who do a lot of trading though.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 9 November 2019 at 9:50 PM

@minnie298a I am aware of the restriction, but I wish that, since i usually have a lot of trades, that I could be able to see their status.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 November 2019 at 9:54 PM

@jello I really like this idea. It would be a heck of a lot easier to not have to find out the hard way as you try to rename a creature that is locked.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 15 January 2020 at 2:40 PM

@jello @stevepat2002 @minnie298a @wingedfox thanks for this suggestion. A lock icon now displays on the My Creatures page when your creature is pending a transaction.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 15 January 2020 at 2:51 PM

@ian thats really cool! However, now, there are 2 manage collection buttons...