Egg Cave Lore and Story Arc

in Help & Questions

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 27 November 2019 at 8:16 AM

Where can I read the site lore and the story arc?

I understand where all the creature descriptions are and the Archive etc, but is there somewhere containing the actual site lore?

If I wanted to enter the CWDC, what would you suggest I read before submitting? Obviously I know you need to be familiar with creature descriptions, so there's that, but what else? And do you need to read all the creature descriptions? Surely that's impossible?

Female
1,727 posts

lexicon • 27 November 2019 at 9:09 AM

Hi there,

I don't think there's a "story arc" per say, the lore is basically just pieced together from the entries in the Archives. The CWDC is just adding to the creature descriptions and thus contributing to the overall story and I believe that's basically it. It's not impossible to read all the creature descriptions, I'm sure it just takes a really really long time lol @jello has done it though šŸ˜Š

I submitted my own description without having read it all (I tried) and I just sent it to him and other users who have successfully submitted entries/are more familiar with other descriptions so that they can "fact-check" in a way to make sure there are no contradictions. That way you don't necessarily have to read it all and you have someone to proof-read šŸ˜Š

Hope that answers your question!

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 27 November 2019 at 9:14 AM

@darkladyinside

Iā€™m pretty sure you need to have made 100 forum posts to participate in the CWDC, I might be wrong, but it might be wise to check the rules before you begin.

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 27 November 2019 at 10:08 AM

@captaincookies Yes, I read everything. I know about the 100 posts, I'm not planning on submitting yet as I'm not familiar enough with the site lore. Thanks for the advice though šŸ˜Š

@kimichanx3 That's amazing advice, thank you!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 27 November 2019 at 10:53 AM

@darkladyinside knowing lore helps you make connections about the different species of Ark as well as Ark itself. I'd definitely recommend reading all of them, but I know not everyone has that kind of time.

I'd read the Player Guide. It has certain sections that mention lore.

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 28 November 2019 at 11:34 AM

@jello Thank you!