Favorite book

in Chit-Chat

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 8 December 2019 at 8:39 AM

As the title says, i wanna know what everyones favorite book is. If its part of a series, id prefer if you just named the series as a whole. If it is a series amongst a series (ex. Warrior cats has 6 series so far,) you just say the series that book is from. I'll start

Warrior cats, series 1

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 8 December 2019 at 9:09 AM

@meisawesome
I’m definitely the same. Warrior Cats Series 1!!

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 8 December 2019 at 11:05 AM

@meisawesome

The magicians by Lev Grossman.

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 8 December 2019 at 2:06 PM

My favourite is The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien. But I like so many!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 8 December 2019 at 2:32 PM

@darkladyinside

Dont worry, you can name multiple

Female
1,726 posts

lexicon • 10 December 2019 at 11:07 PM

@meisawesome

Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Percy Jackson series
The Underland Chronicles
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

❤️

Female
73 posts

dragoncrider • 11 December 2019 at 3:06 AM

I like the Monster Blood Tattoo series (although I haven't read the entire series because of its obscurity) and it's about an orphan boy who goes off to become a lamplighter in a world where monsters exists with a steampunk fantasy feel running through it.
I have fond memories of the Montmorency series which is a crime series about a thief who turns government agent (again because of it's obscurity I hadn't been able to read the entire series)
The Mysterious Benedict Society was one of my favorites growing up. About a bunch of kids acting as spies doing jobs that adults can't do.
The Wardstone Chronicles is similar to the Monster Blood Tattoo in which a boy is chosen as an apprentice to a Spook and helps wards off monsters (very creepy but not all monsters are bad)

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 12 December 2019 at 9:59 AM

I love Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy too. I also love Artermis by Andy Weir in the sci-fi genre.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 3 January 2020 at 2:52 PM

Warrior Cats - The Prophecies Begin - The Darkest Hour - Erin Hunter
Warrior Cats - The Power of Three - The Sight - Erin Hunter
(Does Manga Count?)
Naruto - Book 1 & 2 - Masashi Kishimoto
(End Of Manga - I don't read much Manga .-.)
Warrior Cats - Super Editions - Yellowfang's Secret - Erin Hunter
A Pup Called Trouble - Bobbie Pyron

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 3 January 2020 at 5:22 PM

I'd definitely have to say Frost by M.P Kozlowsky is my favourite book, and now that I think about it- I might just go back and re-read the book.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 3 January 2020 at 5:44 PM

I like Warrior Cats, it’s inspired me plenty—but I’d have to say my favorite is either The Beaded Moccasins: The Story of Mary Campbell by Lynda Durrant or The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz. I love historical fiction, especially around the latter 1700s to early 1900s. Guess it’s something I got from my dad, he’s a history professor.

I tend to take after early 1900s vocabulary, too, so I like to read about it. Doesn’t earn me much respectability in real life (I’m often teased for it). Online, if I use such vocabulary correctly, people do overestimate my age, which I’m not sure is positive or negative.

153 posts

downpour • 12 January 2020 at 3:20 AM

Call me old fashioned or whatever but the Anne of Green Gables books are so wholesome and I love them lol 😸

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 22 January 2020 at 7:57 PM

@downpour It is a great book! The books written by L.M Montgomery all are great!

Genderqueer
5 posts

daveyc • 31 January 2020 at 3:00 PM

One of my favorite series ever is The Cat Who... series. It's an adult mystery series about a middle aged newspaper writer and his two Siamese cats who help solves local cases sometimes. The best one is The Cat Who Saw Red, which has a great twist at the end. They are easy reads and you can just pick them up whenever you have free time to read a few pages.