Has anyone read the book Howl's Moving Castle?

in Entertainment

What do you think about the book Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones?

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 22 March 2020 at 7:03 AM

I'm just curious if anyone is reading or has read this book? I've asked many of my friends and they haven't heard of it. Personally, I think it's a VERY nice book. I really want to know what other people think, soooo that brings me to making this topic! @Ian @Orderedchaos Oops this is in the wrong topic. Are one of you on to move it?

Deleted • 7 April 2020 at 4:59 AM

Hi there, I remember reading the book in like 6th grade, borrowing it from my school library. I don't remember much of it, but I remember loving it. I've been trying to find it again but I've only been able to see them being sold online. I don't know if I should order it. Where did you find your book? 😊

Female
4 posts

rainbear • 8 May 2020 at 3:42 PM

I haven't read it, but I have watched the anime adaptation by Hayao Miyazaki and I believe that its worth checking out if you want. It's very well done, and so are the other movies by studiio ghibli and Miyazaki.

pings:
@snowkitties
@tresnjom

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 8 May 2020 at 4:49 PM

I saw the movie and absolutely loved it!

Male
682 posts

decay • 8 May 2020 at 5:19 PM

I haven't read the book either but watched the movie really recently and loved it too (:
How different is the book?

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 9 May 2020 at 4:28 AM

@decay
I haven't watched the movie but I read the book. I think the movie is different??

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 9 May 2020 at 5:11 AM

@snowkitties @decay @ethereality

I have the book at home since I loved the Ghibli movie so much and the book series is so good! I love Miyakazi's take on the Howl universe too and it's so exciting seeing the differences. The movie makes the black area on Howl's door [/i]very[/i] different to the book and I really prefer the book's take on it because of what is there.

I highly recommend reading the book, it also has more detail in Howl and Sophie's relationship which was sorely lacking from the movie. If you loved the movie, you'll love the books way more. Miyazaki's also the one that included all of the flying machines as that's sort of his thing haha. Ahhh I must read the series again!

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 29 August 2020 at 11:40 PM

@snowkitties

Ah, I have not read the book, but I have watched the Studio Ghibli film idk if that's the same thing though

Female
11 posts

wyvernwyrm • 9 May 2021 at 10:02 AM

I've not read it, but I have seen the Studio Ghibli film multiple times. I plan on reading the book one day, though.

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 31 October 2021 at 10:12 AM

I haven't read it, but I have seen the movie!
I never knew a book about it existed tho 😱
Maybe I'll see if I can check it out later