how long does it take to hatch/evolve?

in Help & Questions

4 posts

badhorror • 22 March 2020 at 1:29 PM

hi I'm new and I can see that most creatures have diff. requirements to evolve or hatch. Generally, around how long does it usually take for most creatures to hatch/evolve and how can I make things go faster?

Thanks!

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 22 March 2020 at 2:07 PM

It can take a while for some of them to evolve, especially click/feed ones. I signed my creatures up with OCCR and its really helped a lot on getting them hatched quicker! Check it out here: Step by Step Guide to adding creatures

Edit: fed all while I visited your cove. Also - Welcome to EggCave! 😊

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 22 March 2020 at 8:58 PM

@badhorror

Like pouncessoftly said, the time can vary. It dependant on how active you are and how many people interact with your creatures. I have one that stolen in Dec 2010 that is yet to fully evolve, but many stolen since that have.

A couple of other options include:
- You can add your creatures to the Click Exchange. This works best when you also use the Exchange to click and feed, helping other peoples creatures evolve. You can find the link under the "Social" tab.

-It is possible to buy stat boosts from the CashCave shop. CC is purchased with real life money, however it is possible to trade/buy CC with EC from other players. The general exchange rate is around 100 CC = 1mil ec

Male
5 posts

snowwolfx • 7 May 2020 at 4:50 PM

im still waiting for mine to hatch!
how long does that take ? also, why dont my eggs come with levels needed to hatch ?
cause all i see is my eggs all have levels..
well, i wanna know how long for it to hatch., not to tell me this eggg is superstronk.
.1 of my eggs is like level 15! that doesnt tell me anything.
so please advice..
thanks.

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 7 May 2020 at 5:07 PM

@snowwolfx
oh! im not good at explaining but ill try my best.
so the level is made up of three smaller stats: views, clicks, and feeds
you can see how many it has if you scroll down on the page where you feed it
when it evolves depends on how long it takes for that species to evolve
species evolve with view, clicks, or feeds
so even if a creature has 9999999 views its not going to matter if
it uses feeds to evolve and it only has 1 feed
the level is completely different. it is made up of the three stats mixed together
and it is used to tell when a creatures is immortal
a creature is immortal when it reaches level 2000
so the level isn't what you should look at if you want to know when something evolves
if you want to know how much of what stat a creature needs
i would recommend you check the archives
i hope this helps, and that the formatting doesn't make this post hard to read
i can change the format to regular formatting if its hard to read

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 8 May 2020 at 12:00 AM

@snowwolfx

To second and clarify what fanficmelon said:
-Creatures evolve with either feeds, views or clicks. It varies species to species which one they use. For example, your Farlot needs feeds, 300 for the first evolution, 600 for the second and 2500 for the final one.
-You can see what most creatures need to evolve in the archives, and you can see how your creatures are going on their profile pages. However if you go to your Cove (click the number of creatures on the right, or via "My Creatures" under the drop down menus at the top of the page, or here - https://eggcave.com/cove )it will show not only what stat they need, but how many they still required to evolve to the next level.
- You can purchase extra stats via the Cash Shop. Cave Cash (CC) is the real money component of the site. You can buy CC with EC (the currency you gain from feeding) from other players, and the general conversion in 50CC for 500 000 EC.
-A creatures level is calculated on the amount of clicks, feeds and views divided by 3. An example is I have a creature that has 44 views, 13 clicks, and 5 feeds. So (44+13+5)/3=20. As stated above, once a creature reaches level 2000 it becomes immortal and will not die.
- Creatures can die and it's random once their happiness drops too low. Happiness is mainly gained through feeding (either yourself or others). You can also pay ec to have your creatures booked into Tim's (under the shop menu). I think things like toys and books also increase happiness, but I don't really do much with the items at the moment. There is also a CC item called the Leaf of Vaka that will keep all your creatures at 100% happiness while it is on your account.

Male
5 posts

snowwolfx • 8 May 2020 at 4:17 AM

you sayd i need steps to evolve!.

mine isnt hatched yet! it needs to hatch before i can start evolving !

i want to know how long it takes for my egg to hatch.
so i can work on my evolving.

Female
3,756 posts

sparklefox • 8 May 2020 at 7:00 AM

@snowwolfx - Hatching and evolving are the same thing. As Minnie said, your Farlot will take 300 feeds to hatch. You can check the Archives to see how many stats it would take to hatch / evolve your other creatures, and you can also see these amounts on your "My Creatures" page (the number in the brackets next to a stat is how much the creature needs to evolve to the next stage). To gain these stats a little quicker, you can use the on-site click exchange (can be slow at times right now, click the "[amount] XC" button on the side menu to access it) and Yarolds (an off-site click exchange which people mainly use for pet sites such as this one).

Male
5 posts

snowwolfx • 8 May 2020 at 7:09 AM

in what world are hatching and evolving the same ?

hatch : verb
(of an egg) open and produce a young animal.
"eggs need to be put in a warm place to hatch"

evolving : verb
(with reference to an organism or biological feature) develop over successive generations as a result of natural selection.

also since my creatures are still egges. i cant see that info about evolving. in the my creatures page!.

https://eggcave.com/egg/2463554

About the farlow eggs :

This egg is covered in thick, silky fur that is a lovely brown color. The soft fur actually conceals a thin membrane-like shell that protects the developing creature within from external harm. The fur keeps the surface of the egg's membrane warm in the chilly mountaintops where they are laid.

When the egg approaches hatching, delightful squeaks and meows can be heard. The sounds are said to bring inexplicable happiness to all who hear it.

!!!!! no info there how to hatch them.

Female
3,756 posts

sparklefox • 8 May 2020 at 10:12 AM

@snowwolfx - On this site, hatching and evolving are the same. I can see the stats needed to hatch eggs on my cove / "My Creatures" page. Are you looking at this? You can access this page by clicking on the "[amount] Creatures" button in the side menu.
https://eggcave.com/cove ( https://prnt.sc/sd82jt )
This information is also shown in the Archives. For example, here's the page about the Farlot. You can see that it needs 300 feeds to evolve to stage 2 (or hatch), 600 to evolve to stage 3 and so on. You can find the Archives in the drop down "Explore" menu at the top.
https://eggcave.com/archives/farlot/show

Male
5 posts

snowwolfx • 8 May 2020 at 11:07 AM

why is that info hidden for me ? when i click on my creatures and then click on one of the eggs ?

cause i expect all the information about the egss and their evolution to be at the same page.

not that i need to find my way to another site cause evoluion is hidden !

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 8 May 2020 at 11:19 PM

@snowwolfx
It's not exactly hidden.

The general information is in the Archives and you can see the information for all the creatures, past and present, whether you own them or not. It has the bio (or a story on the history and personality of the creature), when and where it was available and more often than not what it needs to evolve, both stat type and the number. I know creatures from the Thief shop don't show the evolution stats and stages in the Achieve, but do show what is needed on the Cove page. The Archive page also shows things like a creatures weight, height/length and habitat, all information that is often asked in the daily Site Trivia question, found under the Games menu at the top of the screen. You are not allowed to discuss or share the answers while the question is active, but getting the answer correct gives you 10K ec, and often just involves going to the named creature's Archive page. The other common questions involve a blurred image of a pet asking you to name the species. For as long as I've been around this site, even I find these questions hard a lot of the time.

The information specific to your pets can be found on their individual profile (ie this page https://eggcave.com/egg/2463554 ). This shows the stats they have accumulated, as well as who has recently feed them, a link to the items you have given them (food, toys, travels etc) and a space for you to personalize the page, all above the creature bio text that is copied form the Archives.

The Cove page (ie https://eggcave.com/cove ) shows the information for up to 24 of your creatures at once, before you need to go to the next page. You will see what stats they have gained, and by looking for the number in brackets, see what each creature needs to evolve and how many it personally still needs to the next evolution. This page also allows you to do things like change a pets name (for a fee), adjust the settings for any stars, and get the codes for the creatures so you can post them off site. The cove page also has links to things like expanding your cove and creating cove lists for your account profile. You are also able to sort your creatures on this page by things like age, species, name and level. I find this helpful for things like working out which creatures to sell, or which ones to put in the click exchange. Clicking a creature while on this page takes you to the creatures individual profile.

On the hatch vs evolution thing, the first evolution involves the creature "hatching" and changing from it's egg form into it's "child" or first stage. This is why the terms are often interchanged, particularly for this first stage. The stages for a four image pet are Egg, Child, Teen and Adult. A two stage creature is only Egg and Adult. As stated before, your Farlot needs a total of 300 feeds before it hatches or evolves from it's egg into the first stage.

"When the egg approaches hatching, delightful squeaks and meows can be heard. The sounds are said to bring inexplicable happiness to all who hear it."
This bit from the bio will not actually happen, it's just part of the mythology of the creature. However, when your creature evolves, you will get a notification that it has happened. An example that I received recently read "Your creature Prankeyuft02a has evolved to stage 3!". You also get a notification when a creature becomes immortal, and when their happiness has dropped too far and they are at risk of dying.