Read Your Old Forum Posts and Mail

in Chit-Chat

Did you cringe at least once? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 10 May 2020 at 3:10 AM

So I’m going through my old forum topics and some of my old mail since I went on a hiatus for a while. I started playing when i was 12 or 13 and i barely remember most of it.

Here is some of the funniest and dumbest things I found xD

Reading my old trades: Tine egg > adult Macbot + gobbler + Peeturk
Adult Macbot for adult tine. 1st stage gobbler for onny egg.
Even though macbot was rarer than the adult tine I didn’t care and said this: “Adults look ugly I starting to get annoyed with her in my cove anyways XD lol”

like bruh i literally said i got annoyed with having a macbot XD i hate my child self.
—————-
I saw somewhere that I said I had the side account @pea and when I went to check it thinking it was my long lost account with a ton of my creatures I found out it was @nut ‘s newly renamed side account and the creatures were hers xD I was so excited for a second.
——————
Found this cute moment I had with a friend I forgot I was friends with XD
When I was about to leave on hiatus:

@bunnyshadow : If you leave, who else will I call Yo-cup?! D8
Me: Actual Yogurt for instance xD
@Bunnyshadow: :c

XD there’s so many other people that i had so much fun talking to. Sorry if i forgot about you or our friendship. Please reconnect if you remember me haha

—————-

What are some funny things youre finding when you read some really old posts and mail? Any horrible or amazing trades to reminisce about? 😃 share them here haha

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 10 June 2020 at 8:08 AM

Well, I've only been here a year, so I don't have anything like that on this site, buuuuut...

When I look back at posts on old sites, or things I've done, I sure wonder what I was thinking. I too have traded away rare, one of a kind things because I didn't know their value and I was young. I also get melancholy seeing all the people I used to talk to because a lot of them disappeared from the sites without any explanation and haven't been back in years.

A few older or chronically ill folks I knew passed. I was cleaning out my old messages on Magistream and found a nice PM from a user who passed away and it made me cry, lol. I still have it.

I think most of my posts nowadays are an accumulation of all my experiences growing up on the internet, which means I try my hardest to avoid cringy behavior and situations.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 10 June 2020 at 9:36 AM

There was too much cringe in my old mail. I reread it all once and never again omg

One of my PM title things was something like 'nAmEs uFt tRalaLAlAlaALAlalLAla~' and inside the PM I was like, 'sorry for the title! just tryna get your attention' omg I want to barf. There were so many other c r i n g e fests that I never want to look at again XD It was only like 2 years ago and holy crap I was really gross back then omg

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 10 June 2020 at 10:57 AM

My old forum posts are some of the cringiest pieces of crap I've ever written, even if I can't remember doing so. I used to really love roleplaying but I was the absolute worst at it. I also seemed to like posting in this thread called "Eggcave Vending Machine"... I never really traded back then (and still don't, to be honest), so I fortunately don't have any "traded away rare creatures for low amounts and regretted later" moments that I can recall.

I kinda quickly skimmed through some pages of forum posts. Posting them as screenshots so some context (title, date, whatever) isn't lost. I might edit this later with more if I can be bothered.

https://prnt.sc/sx9hv5
https://prnt.sc/sx9bxg
https://prnt.sc/sxa5c4
https://prnt.sc/sx9wf3
https://prnt.sc/sx9yll

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 10 June 2020 at 1:38 PM

oh man the cringe ive posted is the literal whole reason i switched accounts twice- my first account was deleted, but here are some of the highlights of my child self, in text block format.

My first forum post was a competition to see who could ping me the most times with the winner receiving a cave common- I went through a Warrior Cats phase and made 17 WC roleplays all with the exact same plot (none of which got over 80 posts)- I made ripoffs of anime characters and used them as my characters in roleplays- I based my whole literal account along an anime that isn't even that good and kept quoting quotes from it and confusing innocent people- I typed in the same style that an overexcited 6-year-old would- I went through an emo phase and started complaining about the unfairness of society in a bunch of posts that the mods had to remove- Along that line, I made extremely edgy ocs such as Shadow the edgy kid who wears bandages and lives in a cult, oh and dont forget Spark the neko neko nii-san. Yes, I did roleplay these characters with literal other people, Im kind of sorry for the people I used to roleplay with here- there is literally this one post that just has the word "ok" in it- Oh yes, and the post that is entirely filled up with 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆- So all in all, I was the lord of cringe. This stuff was from only around a literal year ago. I don't understand what my thought process was back them X,D

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 16 June 2020 at 9:34 AM

omg yesss i think you already saw my whole 'IM FREAKIN QUITTING' meltdown on my old account @chrismas123 xDDD that WAS a whole cringefest and i think i used to be really into RPing when I was younger and I had a whole avengers RP with other 2k posts xDD but the rest of my warriors RPs never had much traction 😋 I read through some of my old threads and I think at one point I wanted to trade a mo...for a florn?? xDDD idk how i wasnt banned on this site lmao