More games?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Are you a gamer that pays their way or that earns their way?

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 1 June 2020 at 5:54 PM

Just wanted to say... I am fairly new but i absolutely LOVE eggcave! But being a person who does NOT pay for games whatsoever, it can be a bit tough out there trying to get more features with the normal currency...
So, i wanted to suggest the idea of having more games as more ways to earn ec, the better.
These can include:
-Matching (like card games featuring pets)
-Strategy (like chess but eggcave themed?)
-Questing (i know there are already quests, but perhaps one were you are given a task to find a certain pet or item and interact with it a certain way... ex. "Find the pet named 'SummerWaves' and feed it" or harder ones like "Apply an Alternative Galaxy travel to a waurolrus".... and to make the quest have a reward in ec, lower amounts for the easier and higher for the harder?)
*More game ideas being added!*

Also, anyone feel free to post a game idea here as well! 😊

Non-binary
1,065 posts

distorted • 20 August 2020 at 5:15 PM

@starfire_nebula Yes! Eggcave should add more minigames!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 March 2021 at 1:16 AM

@starfire_nebula
@distorted

Hopefully this thread isn't considered dead.

But I too joined expecting that there'd be a few mini-games. Treasure hunts, and spots of chance are fine; but if it wasn't for all the fun people here, I would have got bored really fast.

I always love a bit of casual brain stretching. Matching, Strategy, and Questing are good ideas!
How about also:
- puzzles (such as jigsaw, maybe a small bit of math)
- a maze or two
- maybe some sort of mine sweeper (that doesn't infringe on other property rights.) Or a Battleship. I used to have a favorite flash version that was one player, and you had to find where a dog burried its bones.

The current quests seem too daunting for a new player to take on. So I like the idea of some easier ones.

I mean, besides the difficulty of implementing it, maybe the site creators wanted people focusing on interaction instead of staying in their own little corner? (Which I pretty much did over on another virtual pet site given the option.)

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 28 March 2021 at 11:00 AM

@starfire_nebula

I've been thinking about this exact topic for a while now, I'm glad other people think there should be more minigames. Questing, in the end is feeding because of the massive amounts of ec you need. It'd be nice to do something other than feeding for ec!