Ready to Adopt Some Critters! And Make Friends Along the Way! <3

in Welcomes & Introductions

Deleted • 26 June 2020 at 10:52 PM

Hi everyone! My name on here is pillowz (AKA Ally), and I'm really excited to join this platform because one of my friends on recommended this to me and they have sooooooo many cute creatures. I like how you can role play on here, and the fact that you can create even your own creatures to upload is awesome! I've been getting into digital art and I love to write, so that would be so fun to try! ;w;

I plan to be pretty active on here, so feel free to shoot me a friend request! I only have one creature right now with kind of a silly name and I can't wait to read up more about it... It's so precious ;w; (even if the egg looks like a goose egg, lol).

So yeah if you ever want to exchange feeding I'm down! Nice to be here! 😊

I plan on doing a lot with this platform in the future and taking care of all my aww-dorable critters! ❤️

A little about myself is that I also play some other games besides this like animal crossing, minecraft, and slime rancher (ahhh the tabby slimes are so cute!) ❤️ and I love anime! (Future Diary is my favorite!) 😸

I actually really like this game in particular because the creatures are so unique and you really can never get bored of it, a collector that always keeps coming out with more magnificent beings. (My friend has talked my ears off about this lol). It's really fun and it all depends on luck >😸

The writing people put into this is also, mwa. *like a chefs mwa at a final dish.*
Anyways, can't wait to meet you all, let's be friends! 😃

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 27 June 2020 at 1:30 AM

@pillowz Welcome!!! Hope you have fun. 😃

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 27 June 2020 at 2:19 AM

@pillowz welcome ❤️ hope you have a good stay here hehe xD sent you a little something from my side, @eeveelutary, make sure to accept it and enjoy 😊

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 27 June 2020 at 5:10 AM

@pillowz - Welcome to Egg Cave! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Sorry if this dump of info is a little long, but it might be helpful.

Checking out the Forum Rules and the Site Guidelines would be an easy way to start. These explain what is and what isn't acceptable regarding the site itself and the forums. A couple of other useful links are the Player Guide (a helpful list of commonly asked questions) and the eCode guide (the code tags used around the site, such as the tags I'm using to make this appear in italics. Just a little tip, but EC doesn't seem to currently support BBCode or HTML tags, so posting your creatures onto these forums using the codes provided for them will not work).

If you are replying to someone, you should ping them. Otherwise, they won't be notified of your reply and therefore will be unaware that you've done so. To ping someone, simply type an @ followed by their username (e.g. @sparklefox ). You can also click the left-pointing orange arrow in the grey box below a forum post, followed by clicking the blue "Reply Now" box that will appear after that. The arrow can be used to quickly ping multiple people at once in a thread.

A common mistake from newbies is that they'll ping and reply to people who have commented on their wall using their own wall. Pinging does not work out of forums and the blog, and to reply to the comments made on your wall, you go to the user's wall instead. That way, they will be notified about your reply.

Egg Coins (EC) is the main currency of this site, and is used to purchase most of the things available on the site - such as items and travels for your creatures. These are mainly gained through feeding eggs / creatures. Cave Cash (CC) is another currency and is used in the Cash Shop Park. This is purchased through real life money and can be spent on many exclusive items and creatures only available here. Exchange Credits (XC) is for use in the Click Exchange - found by clicking on the XC amount in the sidebar. These are gained through clicking the creatures in the Click Exchange, and every click on any creature(s) you have in here uses one of your XC. If you have none left, then your creature(s) won't appear in the Click Exchange until you gain more (and yes, getting a minus amount is completely normal and happens when people click fast enough on your creature(s)).

This post here explains many different abbreviations which are commonly used around this site. I think it could be helpful if you read through it.

Any creature which has reached level 20 or over is considered immortal and so cannot die. To evolve your creatures, you need to reach the right amount of stats for that creature's species (200 feeds, 1,000 views, etc.). You can find this out via looking up the species in the Archives, available under the Explore tab above.

I apologise if you knew any of the above information already.

Have a great day, and a nice time here!

Deleted • 27 June 2020 at 8:45 PM

@yogurt thanks I hope so too! This is gonna be sosososo much fun! 😃
@magenta Aww thank you what a cool username! 😱 I know this will be fun because of the great community like u ❤️
@sparklefox thanks for all the information, I like your creature!