Darker Secrets Hidden in Memories [roleplaying thread]

in Roleplaying

124 posts

crystalshard • 10 July 2020 at 3:34 PM

@pegasasu (whoops, realized that I didn't actually reply)

Ghosts?

Almost instinctively, Julian wanted to wear that stupid smile again, before realizing that his true nature was probably exposed anyways. Instead, he stared in the direction of the voice with eyes wide in mock fear; perhaps a scared attitude could get the assailant to underestimate him. There was nothing there, but Julian didn't think that he could see ghosts anyways. It was either that, or he had finally gone insane.

Julian paused for a while, trying to piece together what he wanted to say in the native language. While he could grasp onto the offer being reached out to him, he decided to gauge this ghost's abilities instead.

"W-well," he said quietly. "What can you do?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 July 2020 at 6:46 PM

@pegasasu
@laylamocha

Inda nodded, half understanding. "Ohhh, a magic science lab." She said happily. "Cool. A mage? Not that I know of, nope." She shook her head this time. "I'm more of a hunter. I don't know any magic at all."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 10 July 2020 at 7:40 PM

@pegasasu - I'll have to get permission from the server owner, but I want to know your Discord username. PM me it.

~

"Thank you, Laurie! Oh, I should have preheated first." Grace laughs, a rookie mistake made. "I'll let it preheat, but it means more time to make this batch look a bit better."

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 July 2020 at 7:49 PM

(Hh i was lost for a bit)

After a bit of scavenging, she learned that she was in a place called 'motia', and that there were two other places called "aitom', and "tomia", it was unfortunate for her, however, to learn that none of these had some kind of creature.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 13 July 2020 at 5:41 PM

@crystalshard

The Spymaster nodded, but realized that the boy wouldn't be able to see him. "I can help you release your magic. Give me two..." he trailed off. He could feel the sparks of mana coming from the boy, "No, you could probably figure it out in a night."

The Spymaster reached into his cloak and fished out a book that he handed to Julian, the concealment magic coming undone up to his wrist. He looked like a disembodied hand. "This is a book on magic affinity and..." he reached back into his cloak for an intermediate language book, "This was supposed to be for someone else, but it would be better for you to use it probably." He also handed Julian a talisman.

"Don't forget who your benefactor is stranger," he warned, "If you need assistance, just rip that apart."

--
@wingedfox @nightmaremoon12 @laylamocha

Laurie was surprised. Hunters weren't a common group of people for mages to spend time with. She wondered Inda and Anyae had met, but decided not to pry too much. Instead she asked, "What do you hunt?"

She smiled at Grace, "It's fine, it seems we'll be chatting here a bit longer." Turning to Anyae she asked, "How long do you think until we could get an audience with the Grandmaster?"

--
@meisawesome

A man pulling a cart rattled by a girl scavenging in the woods. He reminded him of his daughter and he stopped a bit to call out to her, "Young girl, I'm headed towards the capital, if you're heading the same way, you're welcome to come with me."

~Come hitch a ride if you want?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 13 July 2020 at 7:12 PM

She turned to the man "well, curiosity will get the best of me eventually, so sure, why not?" She said as she walked towards him.

Deleted • 13 July 2020 at 8:18 PM

@pegasasu

"How long do you think until we could get an audience with the Grandmaster?"

Anyae gritted her teeth. Grandmaster Enri was sent away on a goose chase by the others, to find something non-existent. He wasn't allowed to be in Motia, for fear he might discover the research done by the Council.

"Grandmaster Enri isn't in, but we could go see the Council instead. I will leave first to arrange an appointment, and report in the mysterious portals. The assistants must be kept in check to prevent such happenings from occuring." With then, Anyae spun on her foot and left.

Passing a cabinet, a red snake slipped behind it. Its master exited the door and moved swiftly to the Tower of Magic, on a mission to push the blame to the other assistants.

Moving water flowing beneath, Anyae reached the Tower in a matter of minutes. Upon entering the Tower, she smiled grimly at the receptionist. "Iram, Otelia and Yend. Their whereabouts?"

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 13 July 2020 at 10:42 PM

@pegasasu

~

In the background, one could see Grace fixing up the dough in the tray to at least make it look visually appealing. She pays attention to the conversation going on in the same room, and when she feels as if the oven is now at the desired temperature, she opens it to carefully put the tray inside, and then closes it. Now it is only a matter of waiting.
"Say, what is the Council?" Grace asks Laurie. "They sound like they're important."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 13 July 2020 at 10:55 PM

@nightmaremoon12

Laurie grimaced internally as she felt Anyae's magic. Despite their years of knowing each other, the girl's aura always felt unsettling. "Thank you," she responded evenly, "I've been meaning to ask a couple questions about the development of the aura tracker as well."

She turned to Grace, "Anyae might be able to explain more about the Council, but they're the governing magic body for Motia. New research and policy on magic all filter through them."

Suddenly, she felt a strange disturbance in her protective barrier, as if someone reached out and started forcefully peeling back the layers surrounding her home. "Umm..." she pointed to the rippling space outside her window, "Can someone help me do something about that?"
--

@meisawesome

The girl boarded his wagon and he giddy-upped the horse and the two set on their way towards to the Motian capital (does anyone remember the capital city's name T.T). Halfway along the road he grabbed her by the shoulders, wagon rattling along and hissed in her ear, "I know you don't belong here."

--
The aura tracker - how to track down someone based on traces of their magical signature. Just like a radar for magic O.o

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 13 July 2020 at 11:09 PM

She sighed with relief "oh thank Milil, someone around here is aware." She isn't particularly religious, but she does like the idea of gods. The one she is fond of is Milil, god of Poetry and Song (for those who didn't know.).
She pushed him away "you didn't have to be so unnerving about how you told me, though."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 July 2020 at 6:32 PM

@pegasasu
"Usually large animals like seev, vartas and lkon, but sometimes smaller animals like rattans and kijas. They're generally easier to catch, because they don't really move... at all." Inda explains. She pauses while the others start talking again. Some of the things they said intrigued her, but she didn't want to interrupt, as the discussion seemed to become more heated.

124 posts

crystalshard • 15 July 2020 at 10:20 AM

Julian's smile imperceptibly stiffened as two books appeared out of thin air, breaking all of the conservation laws his previous world had taught him. Still, he recovered fairly quickly and accepted the book from the ghost, planning on how to get out of repaying any debt his transaction may have. And he had the perfect idea; all ghosts look the same anyways, so who is to say that any ghost coming up to him for favors in the future was the one talking to him right now?

However, while the ghost was still in the perimeter, he wouldn't put down his act. Wondering if he could obtain any other gifts, Julian decided to keep the conversation going.

"Do you know me?" It was a sensitive topic to breach, but it was better than openly questioning the ghost's motives or asking who he was.
In the study room, Duke Castillen rubbed his temples. His son Julian would be having his ceremony soon, but he still received no news from the Tower about his query. However, even without their input he would have Julian undergo the ceremony to stop his wife from constantly asking about Julian's ceremony results.

Snapping his fingers, a messenger bird entered through the window, landing nimbly on the desk. He attached a piece of paper to the bird's foot with a message questioning the tower on their tardiness. Replacing the stone on the bird's back with a locator, he clicked his tongue twice, signalling for the bird to leave and follow the locator's position to the Tower of Magic.

@pegasasu

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 22 July 2020 at 5:11 PM

@crystalshard

The Spymaster had turned to leave, but the boy spoke to him again. "I know you, but I'm not sure if I know the current you," the Spymaster answered him. "Let's have a conversation after your test. I'll send you some help along the way."

He quickly jumped down from the balcony, letting out a slightly audible thump as he touched the ground below. Even if he had snuck in, this was the Duke's mansion and he hightailed it out of there as fast as he could.

--
@meisawesome

The cart driver's eyes darkened and rolled into the back of his head so only the whites were showing, "Milil is not a deity from this world." His hand started steaming where it came into contact with Ralsie. He looked at them, feeling the pain of his searing flesh. He hissed at her, snatching his hands away from her shoulders, "Which God gave you this protection? How are you able to be here?"

--

@hashtagnight @laylamocha @wingedfox

Laurie felt the fear creeping in as she struggled to stay calm. Without Anyae here, she wasn't sure what Grace and Inda's combat abilities were. Other than knowing that this strange entity could break through her barrier, she knew nothing about its overall strength.

She didn't recognize any of the animals Inda mentioned, but she hoped that it wasn't something that seemed to be from another world like the girl herself. Perhaps she wasn't, but everyone in the room had a foreign aura that Laurie couldn't compare to anything else she experienced.

"Grace..." she started, trying to focus the girl's attention off of the cookies, "There's something coming and it's powerful enough to tear a whole in my barrier. Can you do something against it?"

--
I'm thinking the thing breaking in is a monster that detects magical abnormalities. Like the dimensional police, but they just take the form of monsters to hide their identities... Except their main goal is to destroy rather than let people go back to their former worlds...

Edit: Also I'm so sorry for the late response T^T

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 22 July 2020 at 5:21 PM

She looked purely confused "ok, so first of all, i don't worship a god. I merely like the idea of them, and milil is my favorite (although i might be a bit biased), secondly, i dont know. I just poofed here in this... well, I'm tempted to say flesh body, but really its not that far off from what I'm used to. Thirdly, i don't think thats how devils work...or are you a demon? The difference is subtle but importaint."

Note: i am going to be on a hiatus for a week, please don't do that much, less i get baraded by notifications

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 22 July 2020 at 9:05 PM

@pegasasu - It's okay!

~

"I'll sure try to investigate the cause. Don't let those cookies burn, alright?" Grace nods as she proceeds to exit the building and takes her glaive with her.
"I don't think I have any qualifications to fight something... Not under this condition..." She mutters to herself.

Deleted • 28 July 2020 at 3:54 AM

Anyae strode into the room and picked up a guy with blonde hair by his collar.
"You messed up the security system of the Tower of Magic, enter the dungeon for punishment."

Stuttering, he pleaded for mercy. Anyae tossed a sentence towards a nearby guard. "50 lashes, soaked in venom. His corpse is to be revived and set to admitting his faults." With that, she flung him away, letting him crash into the guard's body.

Ascending the winding stairway, she knocked gently on a wooden door. The door creaked open, and she knelt to the Council of Magic. "The lady who assists the King, Grace has been inquiring into the situation. How should I proceed?"

Collectively, the 11 old men spoke aloud, "Proceed with discretion. Cover all of our tracks and dispose of anyone that gets too close to the truth." Their words weigh heavily on her shoulders, pressing her downwards. Anyae collapsed to the ground, her words muffled. "Your will be mine."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 July 2020 at 9:12 AM

(Aaah, sorry I thought I had already replied...)

@pegasasu
Inda looked around for the monster. "Really! Something powerful? Can I help fight it?" She asked excitedly. She reached over and grabbed the hilt of her sword, waiting for the right moment to pull it out of its sheath.