Purchase A New Cove & Loyalty Rewards

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 January 2021 at 9:52 AM

After ten years of being on Egg Cave it is becoming increasingly harder to keep cove spaces available to maintain the creatures I wish to maintain. In other words, I need a new cove. Four is so generous and I am so grateful for each one! Adding new spaces becomes very pricy! At first it is affordable but then it gets outrageous with space(s) costing over a million coins. No to forget that having over 1000 creatures in ones cove slows down the loading of so many. So, my suggestion(s) is to have the ability to 1. Purchase block of spaces for CC 2. Purchase an entire cove for CC or 3. Every ten years award a new cove as a gift. You could have a time limit on accepting the gift. Active players will do so. Loyalty Awards.

While I'm on the topic of Loyalty Awards - Maybe have a special 'badge' and/or 'frame' that recognizes achievements like being an active player on Egg Cave for x amount of years. I'd even go as far as having a special 'badge' for creatures that make it to a certain level, like 100. Some motivational things to keep users coming back for more.

Just ideas brewing on and off through the years.

Always, thank you for all you do @Ian.

Happy New Year 2021,
@novrain62

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 10 January 2021 at 10:14 AM

@novrain62
These ideas are great! Being able to purchase a whole chunk of cove space or an entire cove with cc would be really useful for a lot of people! Especially since cc directly supports the team and is also easier to obtain than large amounts of ec. Loyalty awards sound really interesting too! Not many people who still actively play this game have got ten years or close to ten years under their belt however so I feel it would be more appropriate for it to be maybe 5 years? I myself have only been a part of the eggcave community for roughly three years and yet I would still be considered quite a seasoned user haha, especially since there are a lot of new players! Still, a ten year loyalty award would have to be extraordinary, that is a mindboggling amount of time to have been a part of this game 😱

I love the idea of having badges or an achievement system! It would definitely up the engagement factor of the game, like say for example there's a badge for completing an x amount of quests or having this many forum posts. If badges were a thing I'd definitely be doing more quests, engaging more in forums and being and overall more active player!

These suggestions are awesome! I'm looking forward to the possible implementation of these!

Female
3,800 posts

sparklefox • 10 January 2021 at 12:44 PM

@novrain62 - The idea of "loyalty awards" and achievements seems pretty neat. I especially like the idea of creature level milestone awards, it could work as a nice way to encourage getting a creature past level 20. Currently, our only "loyalty award" seems to be the daily EC you get for logging in which builds up over time. It would be kinda cool to maybe have a few more, like what you're suggesting.

I'd say that the cove expansions stuff needs a little bit of reworking too. I like your ideas, I've seen "purchasing multiple slots at once for CC" being brought up fairly frequently in similar suggestions. I've also noticed others requesting for the price to be changed to a fixed EC cost rather than one that builds up over time. My (probably dumb) wishful thinking is that the cove expansions is changed so that every purchase gives multiple slots rather than just one at a time - not a huge amount, just a few more.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 January 2021 at 8:54 PM

Thank you @totallynotjoey and @sparklefox for the feedback. I know I would love to have a fix ec amount, too, not an increase OR a cap! I up spending over one million ec for one slot on my immortal cove. In order to purchase more spaces, I end up having to sell my beloved creatures to earn more cc. I do not like that!

I think badges for achievements are a fantastic way to gain more involvement in playing the game. Quests for me are too time consuming. I do not do them. I work two jobs and don't have much time for Questing, though I know some who love doing them. Takes a lot of EC to buy the items needed but I just don't have the time. So that's maybe why a badge/award system would be nice for those of us that don't have the time to play the quests.

Just ideas. "Multiple Spaces" for a certain amount is an excellent idea. I've been here since December 2010 so I'm looking to the future. I'll have no spaces left eventually. Looking for a way to grow.

Blessings.