Mysterious Asteroid

in Help & Questions

Female
33 posts

born2b_me • 24 February 2021 at 9:13 PM

Does anyone actually get anything from the Mysterious Asteroid, and if so, can you give me some hints??? EVERY try I have made, they turn to dust, or they evaporate or some other STUPID thing. It is discouraging, and yes, I pick a different egg each time, and I go at different times each day.

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 24 February 2021 at 9:33 PM

@born2b_me Hello! I don’t have any advice really cuz I’ve been here for almost a year, and have not gotten a single thing (and I do it everyday, changing which egg I choose sometimes but I usually do it around 12 am ETC - 9 am ETC). But I have a friend who joined 2 months ago, and she got one of the rarest you can get from the Mysterious Asteroid (a Nyacos, and she got it last week). I honestly think it’s, just be really lucky ^^”

Female
33 posts

born2b_me • 24 February 2021 at 9:38 PM

@murmurw Thanks for replying so quickly. In my opinion, it should either give eggs more often, or it should be dismantled as BROKEN, for it is rather discouraging. Course, I have not gotten anything from the Oasis either.

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 24 February 2021 at 9:47 PM

@born2b_me True, but I feel like the mods purpose of having the Mysterious Asteroid as such is to keep certain creatures still rare and allows the circulation of currency more, kind of like a limited edition creature, but it never retires lol.

I’ve gotten one or two things from the Lelia Oasis, and they recently released more creatures into there so there’s a higher chance of finding one. I’m not sure when they appear as I don’t regularly check^^”

There’s also the Thief Shop, and it’s one of the places that I’ve spent millions upon millions of EC in. You sometimes lucky and get a creature, and sometimes you don’t :/

It’s all based on luck, cuz I think they only release a certain amount of creatures in the Mysterious Asteroid and Lelia Oasis. Then it’s just a race to see who’s lucky enough to pick the right egg at the right time😋

Oops, that was so repetitive lol

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 25 February 2021 at 7:04 AM

@born2b_me
I have gotten creatures from the asteroid before. I think that I've gotten one about every 12 to 18 months, going daily. It rare and random, but costs nothing to drop in every day to try.

In saying that there is a yearly event that increases your chances of getting something. For about a week in mid July you've been able to visit the asteroid every 30 minutes as part of the Ark Day Celebrations (last years blog https://eggcave.com/blog/happy-ark-victory-day?page=1 ).

My strike rate with the Oasis is way lower.

I do get more from the Thief shop, but as mentioned above, that can be expensive. Eggs can cost up to something like 600k each with no guarantee of there being a creature. For example Rebbor cost me 5.3mil over 13 tries.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 25 February 2021 at 1:47 PM

@born2b_me
Like everyone else said: pure luck. And it's been this way since the beginning. I started in 2011 and got my first asteroid creature VERY QUICKLY. I can't say for sure how fast it was but definitely within the first few months of me starting (going every day). Now I don't go every day but I have not gotten an asteroid creature since then. It takes persistence and acceptance that it's a lottery.

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 25 February 2021 at 1:52 PM

@born2b_me
Hi! Do think it’s really random, got a Nyacos(hehe @murmurw) recently.

But I haven’t gotten anything else yet, hope you get something nice from the asteroid!

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 25 February 2021 at 2:41 PM

@born2b_me - Just like everyone else said, it's completely random and the chances are very low. It took me years of checking almost every day to get my first creature from it, which isn't surprising because I have the worst luck. I think I've gotten more Asteroid-exclusive creatures from the auctions and other places than the Asteroid itself.

I've gotten luckier at the Oasis, but I think my timezone has a part to play in that. That said, I haven't actually seen anything in there in quite a long time, so I guess my Oasis luck has finally run out.

Female
33 posts

born2b_me • 25 February 2021 at 3:20 PM

Thank-you all for answering!!! 😊 I will just keep trying---I guess. Have a GREAT Day!!! 😊 ~hugs and loves~ julie

Male
4 posts

prince_jewel • 31 October 2021 at 3:54 AM

"The Mysterious Asteroid: This is a place somewhat like the cave. The Asteroid landed years ago in 2010, and there are three super rare creatures placed in the Asteroid, that is the Storticai, Pareteorsite and the Tenalp. They have a very low possibility of appearing and people receive them randomly. There is no guarantee that you might get one, as it all depends on luck"

So says Wikipedia

when visiting t at top you'll see ark victory day
Ark Victory Day is celebrated each year between July 16-22. Please come back next time during the festivities!
i think chances of getting a egg go up around that time