Option to mute cave notifications

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
266 posts

miraeggs • 3 March 2021 at 9:30 PM

Hi, so basically I think it would be quite nice if the site had an option to mute the cave notifications. After you reached your 10 daily attempts, the notifications keep reminding you that you have a steal attempt every 10/30 minutes and some people (including me!) find it annoying. I think there should be an option for that, of course not everyone will be obliged to mute their notifs. Thanks 😊

Female
143 posts

scout • 9 March 2021 at 10:41 AM

there is one trick that i use, where i only do 9 cave attempts so the notif doesn't come. That might help, and you can do the last attempt at the end of a eggcave day. Hope this helps!😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 March 2021 at 4:26 AM

@miraeggs
When I was very new it didn't bother me so much, but the longer I've been on I'm finding that during events it does get bothersome. (Mostly when I'm in the middle of timed egg clicking.) I now agree that it would be nice to be able to toggle the Cave notifications on and off.

Maybe there would be a way to have a "Do Not Disturb" setting, where if someone is clicking away it doesn't pop up? Or perhaps an "Ignore" feature, where it only pops up once and doesn't come back until you go to the Cave again? A Cave reminder "Lite."

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 14 May 2021 at 9:47 PM

@Ian This is also an excellent idea, as there are a lot of notifications that I don't need a reminder for, and it only irritates me to see them. I'd rather be able to turn off all notifications.

Female
914 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 May 2021 at 9:57 PM

@miraeggs I agree with that! (I mean when i was feeding some coves and see a notification,i thought one of my creatures hatched/evolved but NOPE-)

Female
33 posts

born2b_me • 16 July 2021 at 4:50 PM

@Ian PLEASE come up with a way to shut off the notifications!!! It gives me a headache!!! I cannot even ignore them, for they KEEP popping up which is EXTREMELY annoying!!! For now, I have just covered it up with a piece of paper. I REALLY do not need to be reminded that I have a notification, for OBVIOUSLY, I can see it at the top of my screen in yellow.

@snowywinter I like your idea snowywinter, of a Do Not Disturb button that we can toggle on and off.