Enhanced Forum Search?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 March 2021 at 1:33 AM

Would it be possible in the future to have search by section? As a new user, before I had any Friends to ask (or sometimes when I'm too shy or impatient,) I head right to the forums to look for answers and I would like the search results to be limited to certain areas.

For example, If I'm looking up where/how to rename my creature, I don't want results coming in from the Role Play section. (Had read through the Guide in the beginning, a couple nights later the answer was eluding me.) Or if I want to look through fan art of a certain species, I wouldn't want trades coming up in the search results.

Thank you in advance for reading and/or pointing me to if this has been covered. (I looked back over a year and couldn't find any mention.)
Cheers!
~ Winter

P.S. It would also be nice to use operators, such as excluding words or exact matches.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 8 March 2021 at 9:49 AM

@snowywinter I think this is a good idea. I've never found the forum search to be very helpful. Too many unrelated topics popping up!

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 6:33 PM

Absolutely! I was thinking about suggesting this myself, actually!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 14 May 2021 at 9:49 PM

This should honestly be implemented as soon as possible, as it is not only a good idea, but something that I feel is necessary to any site with extensive forums. Plus, the forums of this website feel cluttered and yet bare at the same time. It doesn't make for easy browsing.
@Ian