Ask Me Anything and help me qualify for the writing contest.

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 March 2021 at 7:32 PM

Being a newb AND being shy/having social anxiety is biting me in the butt. It would probably take me a year to reach 100 posts left to my own devices. (Okay, probably six months if I *really* tried.)

And I don't have the energy right now to seek out a whole bunch of different topics to reply to. I'm dealing with a crisis at home.
I just got back my ability to write fiction this week after nearly a year of brain fog, and I was excited to use the writing contest to exercise that part of my brain and take my mind off problems for a little while.
(I may be a newb and don't know all of the site lore by heart yet, BUT I even double checked what i do know of the site and creature lore to try and make sure I was getting it all straight. Granted, I don't know the stories of all 700+ creatures yet, but I'm trying.)

Ask me anything within reason. (nothing violating ToS) Chat about random topics. I need prompts and prodding, or I hide in my shell. (Wait, since when do woofers have shells?! Self: It's just a phrase, yeesh.)

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 10 March 2021 at 8:13 PM

Ok so whats your fave animal?

Deleted • 10 March 2021 at 10:21 PM

(I'm trying to make posts too, lol! This will help us both...)

Do you play any forum games? If so which ones?

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 10 March 2021 at 10:55 PM

@snowywinter
What’s your fav color?

Btw posting in forum games doesn’t add to post count, so maybe posting in the Shoutbox would be more helpful(you could post about trades, creature suggestions, join clubs, etc. too) 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 March 2021 at 11:31 PM

@shirothekittehlover

That's Easy! : D

100% totally ...wolfies!!!!! One of my absolute favorite things in all of existence. Their look, their sounds, the way they play, their body language, their habits, the way they smell. I feel more comfortable hanging out with wolves than I do people. (But my social anxiety even acts up around them if I'm around a pack. doh!)

And though they don't come to mind often... Chickens need an honorable mention. Their clucking sooths me like almost no other sound in the world. Normally noise puts me on edge, but even being around a deafening amount to the point I need to wear ear plugs, puts me in a state of bliss. I hope to be able to move somewhere some day that allows chickens.
(And yes, I have helped take care of chickens before, so I know what kind of work goes into it.)

Thank you for the question! And on a topic I love talking about. lol.

@aquaticfalconess

(Good luck! Hopefully it helps!)

I haven't been big on forums games in a long time on any site. Some of my old ones had some fun things that were really research heavy. (But for the most part I'm a seriousness snob. So I just leave the people be that have fun with the games.)
I just started browsing a few here. I posted to the zombie apocalypse game. I HATE zombies, but it was a cute premise and the players had/have a lot of fun quirky ideas.
Then I posted tonight on the Avoid the Moderator. As silly as it was, it felt like a legal way to graffiti a wall. It seemed like the Mods have fun with it too. (Hee hee... *shakes virtual spray paint can*)

@athanasia

Blue. 'Which blue?' you ask. Almost every single one of them.
And forest/dark/deep greens. and some light greens.
And clear.
And rainbow. Rainbow totally counts as a color, right?
And Black. *huggles the black*

Thank you for the advice!!!! I did not know that about games.
(Yup, I've already posted on Shoutbox, and in suggestions. Have multiple suggestions... just didn't want to flood it. Have a creature suggestion, but I have a question about doing so... but was waiting until I got my thoughts collected for a Questions thread I was going to start for quick access from my profile... for quick reference.)

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 1:04 AM

Hm.. favorite food? Or foods.. seem better.

Nightcore, Quintana Roo (lyrics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcYCv2OFF8

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 1:49 AM

An old favorite just popped into my head: broccoli & cheddar. (Kid to young adult me would have answered: MILK!!!)
current: still trying to figure that out. (Too many food allergies trying to do me in.) Lately I've really dug grilled Brussels sprouts. And have been craving tacos. Or a chicken masala pot pie.

Ooh! And I get a bonus random song! Thanks for this and the question. : )

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 March 2021 at 2:11 AM

@snowywinter Mmm what are your fandoms? 😋 Pokemon and Digimon are my top faves! 😃

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 2:32 AM

@shirothekittehlover I'm going to cheat and mainly C&P from my profile LOL (It's lengthy... But fandoms are something I love talking about. Sorry!)

I used to love watching the Monster Rancher cartoon and had always hoped to play that someday.
I had never played Pokemon until about three years ago despite my mom buying me Blue when it first came out. (And I think I only played it for about an hour or two.) (Unless you count Pokemon Pinball. I *almost* won that one.) Wtched a few eps of the cartoon.
Eevie is my favorite.
I can't remember my history with Digimon. I know I never played it, but I may have watched the cartoon a few times.
(I'm mainly a fan of Atari, Activision, & Sega game units. I got to borrow a Wii for a week and loved that too.
And then there's the Tandy 1000 computer my father finally gave me. Problem is is I have to learn how to use it again. Floppy disks and coding long since forgotten about.)

I'm a sci-fi/fantasy junkie be it film or written word.

Fandoms & Identifiers: (Not giving away clues here in the forum, still wondering who can recognize any/all of these - w/o Using google.)
Huffleclaw
Midnighter
Brewer Minion
Team Seth Clearwater (Book version)
"Always and Forever"
Love the Mathesons and my guilty addiction is the Monroe Republic.
You'd probably find me hanging out at Planet 7 more than the Wild Pony.
RotG
Lucifan (I still can't believe I was actually part of a movement that made something happen!)

Fav digital games:
'Flash's Bounty' is LIFE - Been playing it when it was for PC only. When it became available for tablet I started playing it almost every day.
'ENSO' - It helps clear my mind and get rid of my headaches when I'm overwhelmed. Sadly I only have one tablet left that it's installed on. So wish they would bring it back!
R.I.P 'Flower House' - I think many here would have liked it. 100% cooperative, 0% competitive. (You could get by in solo mode, but it was much more fun and easier to make progress interacting with other players. So fun giving and receiving gifts! Hmmm... It was sort of like a laid back version of the chocolate exchange.)

Some of the currently airing shows I'm watching: (In almost no order other than Sun - Fri)
Clarice, 911: Lone Star, Debris, Prodigal Son, Nature, Nova, Riverdale, Legacies, Stories From the Stage
Some reruns: Star Trek, The Munsters
Recent ones I'm wishing/waiting on new seasons of/ miss: 'Love, Victor', Deputy, The Passage, The 100, (and one can assume any of the cancelled/wrapped shows from my above list of fandom identifiers.)

Have been playing tabletop and online RPGs for about 20 years. (Tabletop: mainly played sandbox games built off of Marvel rolling rules.)

Female
143 posts

scout • 11 March 2021 at 11:01 AM

have you ever watched Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 4:25 PM

@scout

I have not even heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.

(I'm behind right now even with my favorite shows. Life has been so hectic. ...and we don't have good internet. Usually about 3Mb/sec. if we're lucky.)

It took me three years after some friends suggested The Dragon Prince, but I finally watched that last year and absolutely loved it.

Female
143 posts

scout • 11 March 2021 at 4:31 PM

@snowywinter

I abosutely LOVED the dragon prince, and i really wished they made another season!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 5:26 PM

@scout It was so sad reading about the drama at the studio. I wish the best for everyone involved. And while I do want more episodes, I don't know if it'll be the same without some of the top creative minds that had worked on it before. (Supposedly there will be another season, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Have you tried Over the Garden Wall? It's a bit more sad, but it was so fun to watch. (I loved it so much I even bought the DVDs only three episodes into watching it. I finished the series before they arrived. lol.)
(Would have bought a hard copy of Dragon Prince too had they ever made it available. For now I have to just be happy with whatever books they come out with.)

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 7:03 PM

Ooo, here's one! Have you ever seen How to Train Your Dragon?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 7:28 PM

@aquaticfalconess

If we're talking movies.. YESH!!!, cartoon series - no.

The 2nd one is by far my favorite. It was very personal for me.
(The whole series is my significant other's favorite Dreamworks series.)

Thank you for asking ^^