Just on rerelease day, limit buying one species to one per account

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Limit?

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 24 March 2021 at 5:46 AM

Hello,

To prevent people buying multiples of the same rereleased species, causing them to sell out and then selling them at a marked up price, as soon as the day after.

Ticketing sites avoid this by limiting ticket sales to a certain amount per registered user.

So, I only propose to limit the creature sale to one per species on rerelease day anything that happens after is fair game - buy 10 if you want to. The timezone staggering is a good direction in terms of fairness ; let's try to make it more fair 😊

Please tell me your opinions on this y'all

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 April 2021 at 1:31 AM

@sapphire12

I certainly think there should be a cap on first day releases. But I don't know about just one. Maybe two or five?
Something to give people a chance since things do come up in life and they may not be able to make it on one specific day.

And I agree, I love the time zone staggering!

2,251 posts

yts • 1 April 2021 at 5:46 AM

I couldn't agree more, due to timezone it's totally impossible for me to be here and I always miss the re-release on first day

Female
256 posts

possudio • 10 April 2021 at 11:22 AM

@sapphire12 I just sent my idea to the eggcave team, that was:
I'd rather if once in a month you could get this 'random old creature from caveshop' and get a total random creature for 1000CC (or possibly more) that was available in caveshop around 2011-2014. Note: Would be cool if each year after changes to 2012-2015, then 2013-2016.
I think that would help a lot to these creature values stays more equal - and would be pretty nice to see ppl more interested in trading their random creatures for one they like more with other users (:

Although I do like your idea too, I've seen some users with lots of releases just to trade then after - it seems more a business thing than to get these rarer creatures to themselves.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 10 April 2021 at 11:32 AM

@possudio i think the way they're doing this is fine as eggcave users are used to older = more valuable and if they do the random 1000 then people would just fight about the value of the creatures - apparently it got pretty ugly when they asked for rereleases in the first place.

In a couple of years the values of those would probably bounce back to at least half of the pre rereleased price so it's pretty predictable still

I would like to see old event / cave monthly available for CC though ; that's a pipe dream lol

Female
256 posts

possudio • 10 April 2021 at 11:40 AM

@sapphire12 Yeah you got a point, even Budgie isn't so exact about values about monthlies/crw/usual csps as they keep changing and ppl consider a lot of different values.
But I think it can't stay as it is, they should limite sales - another point, is that usual csps are going way too less than before releases, the Lui, is at #862.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 10 April 2021 at 11:45 AM

@possudio i mean the logic is, if rereleses continue, any csp that isn't available anymore from the cash shop regardless of when it was released should now be 1000 CC ; because that's where the rereleases start. But we'll see?