What are you drinking?

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2021 at 4:45 AM

I was thinking of starting a Tea Club, but I don't know if I'd have the dedication to keep up with one. So I figured I'd start a general discussion thread.

Have you tried something you really like lately (or really disliked!) Have a strong craving for something? Has something in the Bean Sack inspired you to try recreating it at home; how did it go?
Just feel like blurting out that you got a shake with your burger and fries and it's just okay? That's fine too.
So is reminding people to hydrate! That glass of water is not to be underestimated. The mighty H2O.

- - - -

Tonight I tried Hoji-cha for the first time (outside of getting it randomly at a restaurant and not expecting that sort of flavor and being told that it was just labeled "green tea".) I like it. I was never much of a fan of green tea, but the smoky tones help balance out those tart-bitter notes.

93 posts

secreteggent • 29 March 2021 at 11:26 PM

@snowywinter I attempted to make a smoothie for the first time, but I didn't realize that I had to include a liquid as well so I just got some pulpy strawberries and slightly ripped spinach. I ended up just drinking some apple juice instead lol

Deleted • 30 March 2021 at 5:24 AM

@snowywinter
I bought a carton of soy milk again, it tastes different from fresh soy milk but well it has the taste of almonds in it, with some other ingredients as well. The brand is called V-soy! I forgot to shake it the first few times.. no wonder it was missing some flavors.. XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 March 2021 at 6:53 AM

@secreteggent Oh no! Sorry to hear your fist attempt at a smoothie didn't go so well. I still haven't been brave enough to try making my own nut based drink. Our blender (they call it something else, but I can't think of the word) came with all these recipes and has user forums and everything. It blew my mind the things people were making with it. You can even cook soups right in it! o.O
I cheat and use Bolthouse Farms as a starter in my breakfast shakes 😈
I wish you luck on your next try! 😊

@laylamocha lol... I think some of my above reply applies to you too.
All the ingredients in store bought weren't sitting well with my stomach, and then some of my allergies got worse. In general home made just about anything will taste better than pre-made things. Oh no... settling at the bottom. That's the worst! I'm a habitual shaker now because a few too many times of getting non-mixed things was an unforgettable experience.

- - - -

31 Mar 21:
Seriously, no one caught or pointed out that there was a majorly *bad* typo in the title of this thread? I just caught it while looking through my list of recent posts. *facepalm*

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 7 April 2021 at 2:45 AM

I drink every day: water and milk.
Unfortunately I end up drinking more milk than water. xD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 April 2021 at 7:34 AM

@mithmel
Both very good choices. 😊

lol. When I was younger milk was about the only thing I drank. (Water most commonly for long hot summer bike rides. And occasionally I'd have juice.)

Thanks for posting! 😃