Moovovi

in General

Do you know what's a Moovovi?

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 4 April 2021 at 3:21 PM

Hey does anybody else found strange that there a Moovovi egg at the egghunt? Just me? Is this the next recycling creature? Let's discuss! 😱

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 4 April 2021 at 3:40 PM

@lilacblack - I don't think I found one myself (or I just wasn't paying full attention), but I've seen multiple people talking about it. Someone posted the picture of its egg on the fan Discord earlier today, and my groggy morning self thought it was a new item or something. I'm going to assume it's a new Earth Day creature.

Though it was probably accidental, I kinda like the idea of having 'sneak peaks' of new eggs through the egg hunt.

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 4 April 2021 at 3:43 PM

@sparklefox There's a discord? 😱 Oh right Earth Day is a thing, I totally forgot.

Yeah I think it's cool we could even do like guesses of what it would look like, it's really fun

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 April 2021 at 8:18 PM

@lilacblack I tried to search it on the Archives but i found nothing :/

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 4 April 2021 at 8:25 PM

@shirothekittehlover
I think it’s a creature that’s going to come so you won’t find anything in the archives

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 April 2021 at 8:29 PM

@athanasia so the Eggcave crew basically gave us a spoiler of a new creature

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 April 2021 at 3:39 AM

The poll is missing an option: 'Yes and I want one!' πŸ˜‰ ❀️

Oh sure, now there's a discussion thread. No one replied to me on the blog this morning, and I was so eggcited! Of course everyone else's mind was on the Easter Egg Hunt. But I kept coming back and pointing at the screen and grinning agap. (Earth Day is probably the most important holiday in my life. Right next to Arbor day.)

I was wondering if it's going to be this year's Earth Day release. (Still so sad I missed out on the cute little tiny planet.)

Woot for spoilers. πŸ˜ƒ

I'm still wondering how the name came to be. (It makes me think of the fast food chain in a series of movies. lol)

(I have mixed feelings about the concept though. On one hand I could go on along rant about the reality of plastics recycling, that almost none actually are - it's a big industrial lie; but on the other it's still sending the message that plastic bags are a huge concern for the environment.)

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 April 2021 at 4:31 AM

@snowywinter I'm thinking of the Moovovi having three evolutionary stages and is based on both jellyfishes and plastic bags =333

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 April 2021 at 4:41 AM

@shirothekittehlover I so wish I could see the connection you're pointing out, but my brain feels about as squishy as a jellyfish right now. 😈

(I even searched jellyfish and it was showing me like five or six life stages. Or you mean kind of how the arms were placed?)

Edit: 6 Apr 4:45P Just realized this was my 100th post! *confetti!*

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 April 2021 at 5:02 AM

@snowywinter ehehehe i sea watt you did there~ Well,most people keep throwing plastic bags to the ocean,and jellyfishes slightly look like plastic bags,so i can see how that could work out-

(Also what i mean by three evolution stages is the hatched stages,not counting the egg stage)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 April 2021 at 5:11 AM

@shirothekittehlover *snicker* I do love when word play flows together.
Ahhhh. True they do. (Which is why some animals that eat jellyfish try to/ eat the bags.)

(okay, thanks!)

Deleted • 5 April 2021 at 10:12 PM

@lilacblack yes I looked it up and nothing was find

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 5 April 2021 at 10:38 PM

@shirothekittehlover They're spoiling the new creatures now 😱

@snowywinter you're right I forgot that option. I'm really curious about the name too.. I thought something about cows.. moo.. but I think it's a stupid guess xD Recycling plastic it's extremely hard, you always need a portion of untouched plastic :/ Eco-friendly stuff is hard to produce.. and expensive.. such a shame.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 April 2021 at 11:47 PM

@lilacblack πŸ˜ƒ

Not sure that it's a stupid guess on the name. Maybe it's temporary. But seriously... who isn't going to think cows when they see the name? lol... and cows *can* have to do with recycling. I actually think that could be a fun Earth Day creature. (And it wouldn't have to be preachy about anything specific.)
Ooh! creature Idea! Cow made out of grass! the Turvine (Tuff + bovine.) 😈

It goes just beyond that. Even if something ends up at a recycling center they still send most of it to landfills or companies that charge for doing so. Most of the stuff that doesn't end up in landfills, it is dumped (illegally) in the ocean or in poor and rural neighborhoods.
I'd call the documentary "Plastic Wars," a must watch.
Those numbers on plastics are mostly just a marketing ploy when it comes down to it.

I try to choose glass or cardboard options for packaging whenever it's available. (The dairy options we were getting for a while for our household even had a deposit like in the old days! πŸ˜ƒ It was $2 extra per first purchase, but then each item after was normal price when the bottle was returned to the store. It's on hold though because of the pandemic. )

And I try to get only plastics that I can reuse. (I.G. I use plastic forks for stirring things in my glass mugs/bowls. ...and each fork lasts me about a year.) Plastics were developed to be durable & lightweight alternatives to things like glass & ceramics, they were never meant to be marketed as disposable.

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 6 April 2021 at 5:09 PM

@snowywinter
That sounds really fun xD if you want some grass cow art I can help.

Interesting, I'm not big on ecology but it sure is thought provoking.

Everything tastes better on glass, there's no decay of the material, it's just great for everyone, including the planet.

You think so? I mean some of it is durable but others aren't as though to be used over and over again and the particle decay is a real thing.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 April 2021 at 10:41 PM

@lilacblack Thanks you! I was just sort of throwing it out there as an off-handed joke, but to hear that it's an interesting concept is encouraging. I have a few ideas that have been floating around my head, but I'm not quite ready to present them. If I do go forward to actually proposing that one, I'll let you know 😊

Sorry about going on a huge diatribe. I used to be huge into environmental activism, then got burnt out as health issues set in and sapped my energy. I've been on something like a 10 yr hiatus. Apparently it needed an outlet 😈 (I used to spend half my day on a site similar to Facebook, but it was exclusively for environmental/humanitarian type stuff.)
Glad there was some food for thought in there though and I didn't offend you.

Oh my gosh yes, everything does taste better on/stored in glass! (There's environmental concerns with how some is harvested too... but when weighing the long term effects, it's still one of my favorite materials.)

You definitely are correct about plastics as they break down. With the reuse thing I was referring to the original concept, plastics today unfortunately run the gamut.

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 7 April 2021 at 5:12 PM

@lilacblack Well once again if you need an artist here I am πŸ˜‹

Oh sorry to hear that, hope you're better now. Why would I be offended? It's okay to be concerned about the enviroment it's actually something great. I'm just way too pessimistic to get involved, sorry.

Yeah I know, I mean everything has some impact on the enviroment, specially when it's mass produced.
I know xD but eberything keeps changing. That's what I wanted to say.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 April 2021 at 2:58 AM

@lilacblack lol... glad to see I'm not the only one to ping myself by accident (well, i almost have so many times that it counts.)

Woot! ❀️

(Chronic conditions that have only gotten worse unfortunately. and lots of doctors not knowing.)
I've run into so many people that are anti-environmentalism, that apologizing is just 2nd nature now unless I run into people that are clearly of a similar mindset.
Can totally understand the pessimistic mindset when it comes to this stuff. I had to stick my head in the proverbial sand just to get by for a while.

(nothing more to add, I think we wrapped that section up.)

😊 ttyl

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 9 April 2021 at 4:01 PM

@snowywinter
I didn't even noticed! I'm so embarrased xD Oh lord!

I'm just glad there's people like you 😸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 April 2021 at 8:11 PM

@lilacblack

I think we all feel embarrassed when we self ping. Maybe there needs to be a movement normalizing it (or maybe that's why there's a whole thread in Games for doing just that? maybe it's cathartic, like those places for yelling at the top of your lungs or rooms where people pay to smash stuff. I personally don't get those, but I do understand the need to vent and let it out.)

Awww, thank you. ❀️

And this is sooooo far off topic now. Oof! That Moovoie. About 19 more days to go!

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 9 April 2021 at 9:47 PM

@snowywinter
I need both of those rooms, the pandemic is eating my soul πŸ˜‹

Well it's less than a month at least

Female
518 posts

boba • 22 April 2021 at 11:00 PM

@lilacblack
It’s here! It’s the new creature! You were right! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 23 April 2021 at 2:34 PM

@littlepaw

I know! what do you think about it? 😸

Female
518 posts

boba • 23 April 2021 at 2:35 PM

@lilacblack
it looks great! πŸ˜ƒ
sad sack :’)

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 23 April 2021 at 2:49 PM

@littlepaw

It's not it's fault ☹️

Female
518 posts

boba • 23 April 2021 at 2:50 PM

@lilacblack
Yeah, I know.
People are throwing it out ☹️

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 23 April 2021 at 3:36 PM

@littlepaw

Oh no poor baby, let's just keep it forever

Female
70 posts

cheetahlove68 • 23 April 2021 at 3:55 PM

i named mine moovi. tee-hee. FINALLY! A NAME THAT WORKED THE FIRST TIME!