What's your luck been like with the Nov Monthlies?

in General

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 November 2021 at 3:27 PM

The past two weeks I've been finding almost exclusively Cave Commons. (I only found about 30% of Monthlies is Oct as I usually would)

With about 40 attempts per day I've found:
5 Kujak
2 Kalebas
0 Ookull -_- (My absolute favorite of all this month's new releases.)

Normally I'd have found at least one of each by now making this many attempts. I'm starting to get disheartened. Especially as I've seen a LOT of caught Ookies in the new egg list.

(This is just a discussion thread, not a Trade thread.
but in case anyone was wondering: none of my monthlies are ever UFT until the following month. I do take reserve requests though.
And I'd appreciate any offers to give/sell me an Ookie, but I really want to try to catch them on my own first.)

Edit: 7th Nov, Just before 10 am ECT I finally caught my 1st Ookull!

Edit: 9 Nov
Updated count:
7 or 8 Kujak. (have 10, but i had to trade/buy for a couple specific dates.)
4 Kalebas
2 Ookull (there's more in my cove because I've been buying them off of people. I said I wouldn't, but I haven't been able to resist a few. )

Female
844 posts

sulvas • 4 November 2021 at 3:38 PM

I do 40-50 attempts per day. Day 1 I did 55.
I have found:
6 Kujak
3 Kalebas
4 Ookull

Ookulls are so cute. I hope your luck turns around soon and you're able to get some. RNG in general can be quite cruel from my experience. The month is still in it's early days so I think you statistically still have a good chance of getting one yourself. That being said I definitely don't mind sending you one if you are unable to.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 November 2021 at 4:31 PM

@sulvas

Hmm... so the numbers aren't too far off.
(Side note: I'm starting to see why older players have a bunch of Kujaks left over in their trade accounts.)

Thank you ^_ ^
As RNGs go it almost feels like my luck got sucked into those big back-to-back wins. I was already feeling bad about that... (but did it *have* to take away from my Ookie hoarding?! lol.)
I'll keep the offer in mind ❤️

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 5 November 2021 at 2:14 PM

@snowywinter haven't found any of the new monthlies ☹️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 November 2021 at 2:19 PM

@izziedragon O.O Oh no! That's awful! (and i thought i was having a hard time. yeesh!)
❤️
I hope your luck turns around.

146 posts

aquafaba • 12 November 2021 at 1:37 AM

No Kalebas yet. I think I had better luck last month.

Female
27 posts

lady_dreamwyn • 12 November 2021 at 8:40 AM

My luck is always really bad, even on days when I manage 30 or more attempts. I haven't seen even a single Kujak at this point.

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 12 November 2021 at 4:00 PM

I've gotten only one of the monthlies so far. Usually I'd have both...starting to get a tad concerned. :/

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 12 November 2021 at 11:21 PM

So far I have 6 Ookull, 4 Kalebas, and 4 Kujak! I had trouble getting any Kalebas at first though. 😋

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 14 November 2021 at 6:21 PM

Keep coming across Kujaks (I didn't know these were special this month?) but I already have one so don't need any. Have gotten Kalebas several times (took only one). The Ookull just won't show up for me and this is strange. ☹️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 November 2021 at 7:28 PM

@tehuti88 Yikes! 15 days in and not one?! There is something up with the algorithm!
Not just in the forum, people seem to be reporting lower than usual special finds at the cave this month.

Plenty of Kukaks though. And yes, they're an annual monthly. Kinda cool.

@mr-blue-bones Nice even steady finds : ) ...Still seems quite a bit on the low side.

@lady_dreamwyn Yikes! Why Cave, why!?

@aquafaba Thanks for reporting. Sorry your luck hasn't been good either.

Thank you everyone for reporting in... And best wishes in getting those that the Cave is being stingy on. ❤️

In an interesting twist, S.O. and i attempted at the same time the other day and both got an Ookull! (So now we have twins.) (That was my 4th? and first male. I think that was on the 11th or 12th.)

Female
27 posts

lady_dreamwyn • 16 November 2021 at 5:32 AM

@snowywinter

I did finally get a Kujak the other day. Though it remains the only one I've seen. I think the cave just doesn't like me.