Please don't retire the ____

in General

Please keep the... (Nov edition)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 November 2021 at 5:20 PM

Figured with all the species getting retired lately it might be time to make a poll.

We all have our favorites, but for the first poll I'm going with the species I'm seeing most unanimously hoarded and beloved.

And I'm adding the Terron because that's the hardest to obtain and even people who have been here for years have had a hard time getting their hands on some.
( I haven't seen anyone catch one in days! O.O. Usually they come around every 3 -4 I really hope they're not next!)
(adding the Mo by that same logic.)

I'll try to change the poll out monthly. I'll rotate it with the previous month's winners and suggestions from the comments. (If I become inactive, anyone is free to carry on this idea.)

If you had to pick only one Cave Common to stay what would it be?
Which are the top five favorite common creatures you want to see stay in the Cave?

(Also... on a side note... It was stated that the Cicadiems were only going to be here for a limited time. How much longer is that going to be? One theory is until the end of the year. Any other guesses?)

-----

November tally (from commentary) :
(I'm giving 2 points for 1st pick)

Canosh 2
Farlot 1
Floicol 1
Icenyro 1
Luminette 3
Mo 2
Nomtuk 1
Shrew 2
Tasma 4
Terron 3
Wynerl 1
Yazan 1

Last updated: 15 Nov 21 7:45 PM ECT

-----

My picks: (And i haven't voted yet)

1 - Tasma

2 - Terron
3/4/5 hard to pick just 3 more, but... Icenyro, Wynerl, Luminette

Female
844 posts

sulvas • 13 November 2021 at 6:23 PM

Voted for Terron because I'm still trying to catch a male myself and if they retired before I was able to get one I'd be sad. Imagine they retired it but kept the time-frame so you could only get them if something decided to spawn at 3 am at the oasis. That would be terrible.

The other 4 aside from the Terron would be Canosh, Luminette, Nomtuk, and Yazan. I would have included Tasma, but as long as it was replaced with a super cute or cool wolf creature I don't think I'd be too upset. I get why a lot of other people like them though. Wolves are great.

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 13 November 2021 at 6:43 PM

I understand wanting the Terron to be prioritized, but personally I don't want to see the Mo go! Otherwise my picks/favorites would be the Luminette, Canosh, Farlot, Floicol, and Listrick.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 November 2021 at 6:44 PM

@sulvas Oof. I was thinking not much would change if the Terron or Mo went to the Oasis... but I sort of like knowing that the Terron will be available every few days. I haven't noticed any particular pattern at the Oasis. That seems like it would almost turn it into an Asteroid likelihood if they also kept the timeframe.
Mos seem to come and go in ease of availability that the Cave for me. I went MONTHS without seeing any, then I started getting them left and right. I imagine there are plenty of people out there having a hard time getting them. It almost seems like the Oasis would make their release more reliable? less of them, but perhaps more regular of a schedule?

All cuties 😊
But the Tasma isn't any wolf, it's a Shiny super neon wolf 😉 lol

@mr-blue-bones
At least I remembered to add the Mo. I nearly forgot to. *blush*

There are so many to choose from, I hard a hard time deciding how I was going to pick from peoples favorites. I figured the most rare would probably be the best way to go for the first poll. Glad to see so far that instinct is a step in the right direction.
Thank you both for the support. : )

Deleted • 14 November 2021 at 6:24 AM

Tasma. Tasma forever.

I'd hurry and collect more If only cove expansion was more affordable... it's so unreasonable... ;__;

Female
1,733 posts

lexicon • 14 November 2021 at 9:45 PM

Seems like they're being retired based off seniority? If so, these might be the next to go:

Whoon
Caiman
Obarn
Snawler
Honk
Savarab

I think these are all that's still present in the cove from 2009 when the site was founded. Just an idea!

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 15 November 2021 at 6:59 AM

Ehh... probably the shrew. It's half an half for me because on one hand, if the shrew became endangered it'll be more "special" in a way. But on the other hand, I can't get any more shrews easily.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 November 2021 at 7:48 PM

@lexicon
Thank you! I'll have 2009 be the theme of next month's poll! ^_ ^

Obarn is one of my favorites and one I struggled with when trying to only pick five.
Did you want me to add any of those to the tally, or were you just informing me?

@noxura Added 😊 Cute little hoppers.

Female
1,733 posts

lexicon • 15 November 2021 at 10:28 PM

@snowywinter

Oh, it was just a little observation I made, you don't have to do anything with it lol

65 posts

cheetah • 23 January 2022 at 3:06 AM

the day the tasma retires is the day we riot.

just kidding. mostly. 😋

in all seriousness, the critter i'd be most sad to see go is the mo. i've been here for over a decade (!), and i can still remember being a kid, discovering this little gem of a site, and thinking mos were just the coolest darn things. even if they're not worth nearly as much now as way back in the day, i still feel a little spark of joy every time i find one, like getting an extra candy bar at a vending machine (they're kinda like Draiks from Neopets, in that way), and if that went away i'd have one less thing to look forward to when i stop by daily. ...unless it was replaced with an equally beautiful creature or five that i loved even more, but i digress.

if we're throwing out lists, here's my personal one, roughly in order of how bummed i would be if i saw the announcement on the front page that they're endangered now:

Mo
Tasma
Tenalp
Obarn
Nipha

tenalps are there because i haven't collected nearly enough yet given how much i love their egg stage, obarns because i haven't collected enough of them either, and niphas because although i have plenty, they're just a nice familiar face (or shell) to see in the cave and i didn't see anyone else mention them.

thanks for the thread, by the way. it's nice to see people discussing stuff like this.

i appreciate the work the EC team does to keep the site running, and feedback is just one of the main ways i show appreciation, i guess. part of me is worried about coming across as entitled in posts like these, but i'm speaking from the heart here and giving my honest opinion of what would make the game the most fun to play for myself and others, so i can't feel too bad since i try and give the kind of feedback i'd want as a dev.