Disable notifs for certain things

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you support this suggestion?

Deleted • 12 January 2022 at 5:38 PM

Personally, I find it annoying when I get a notification only to find out that it was just a new Site Blog post. So my suggestion is to have an option to turn off notifications for certain things, such as:
• New Site Blog posts
• Earning daily login rewards
• New CSPs available
• Available steal attempts at the Cave

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 12 January 2022 at 6:22 PM

@lilacfox I was just thinking about how I wish this was possible. Thanks for making a post about it.

Deleted • 16 January 2022 at 4:09 PM

@viltuvitrast
Yeah, I find it irritating that EC doesn’t have an option to filter or disable notifications for things other than forum pings. Nearly every pet site I’ve ever played has had this option. Plus I don’t care about the blog.

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 23 February 2022 at 4:30 PM

I don't think I would use this very often, but it definitely should be a feature. You're right @lilacfox, every other site that I've come across has this.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 24 March 2022 at 9:19 AM

@lilacfox, I think this would be a great option. Sure, the notifications can be handy, but gosh, I don't always want to be notified of my attempts at the cave. Maybe instead of a notification, they could just implement a little red exclamation point over the 'explore' drop down when the cave is ready to be revisited, or when the asteroid is ready, or (and this would be really handy in my opinion) if the oasis is about to/soon to have eggs within.

Female
2,415 posts

ida92 • 30 March 2022 at 3:23 AM

@lilacfox YES! I totally agree. The non-stop appearing notification of a new steal attempt is soooo annoying. Sometimes I don't want to attempt to steal an egg, I just want to be doing other stuff, like feeding coves. Eventually I'm being forced to go to the Cave, just to stop that notification from stalking me, lol. I would love to turn it off.

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 25 May 2022 at 6:51 PM

@lilacfox

I agree, I feel like you should be able to to turn it off. Once in a while im very active on auctions and when I put down the base bid after a few hours I end up getting 20+ notifications for people bidding on top of me. It doesn't matter to me if people bid over me, because I can just check for myself on the auctions page. If I have to find something important farther back, I have to scroll alllllll the way down and its so annoyinngggg 😭😭😭!

Female
2,143 posts

cranberrycat1 • 25 May 2022 at 8:17 PM

I agree with turning some notifications of but maybe not the site blog one because I only check the site blog when I notice there was a notification for it

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 26 May 2022 at 12:38 AM

@cranberrycat1 Well I believe the suggestion is for the option to turn off certain notifications, so if you still want to get notifications about site blog posts then you can simply not turn those off.

I would *love* this, especially for auction notifications. When I'm bidding on multiple auctions I usually have the 'my bids' page open in a tab and just refresh every so often to see the time left and who has the highest bid and such... getting notifications every single time someone outbids me or the 'ten minutes left!' notifications when I'm right there refreshing the page anyways... It's just annoying and unneeded.