Third-party Cookies

in Help & Questions

Deleted • 14 February 2022 at 5:02 AM

Well, since I've had my little issue with slow page response and missing icons, I started to click around to resolve that issue.

While I was doing so, I looked at the amount of cookies in use, there were around 46 at one point.. and there were many links. I brushed it off and thought that it was the advertisements.. but still I am confused and a little worried.

Could I ask if any of you have seen these cookie links? Searching through Google, these have tracking cookies.. but still, why so many and am I the only one with this??

tribalfusion
w55c.net
adingo.jp
doubleclick.net

There's quite a few, I only remember these and the rest well.. I'm not unblocking third-party cookies until I'm sure there's no problem.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 24 February 2022 at 8:57 PM

@laylamocha

Tribal fusion is involved with advertising.
w55c.net is a domain used by Roku to place cookies on the browsers of visitors to their customers' websites and those who view advertisements.
adingo.jp is involved with adverts too but also could have been what the advertisement is about ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/adingo)
doubleclick.net was an advertisement company that developed and provided Internet ad serving services from 1995 until its acquisition by Google and is still used in advertising companies like Microsoft, Apple, VIsa etc.

I don't believe any of these are problematic and if Egg Cave is still functional with you blocking them, go ahead. It appears that these are all cookies associated with how Google runs their adverts.

Deleted • 25 February 2022 at 8:03 AM

@mastergemma

Alright, thanks! Glad to note that.