Easter Egg Hunt Question

in Help & Questions

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 17 April 2022 at 3:24 AM

I asked this on the blog post but no one responded so I'll try here -

First time question: is this like the Gobbler hunt where the eggs just show up randomly and you can refresh the same page over and over again until you find one? Or are they hidden in specific spots that don't change and you have to look around the site for them?

If anyone has screenshots of eggs that you've found, that would be great as well. Thanks 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 April 2022 at 3:45 AM

Not sure on the specifics, but according to the blog post it's random.
(And what works for one player may not work for another. I have no luck refreshing.)

Screenshot from a previous year thanks to Ordered Chaos https://sta.sh/0274umfzhj0e

146 posts

aquafaba • 17 April 2022 at 4:58 AM

I've clicked literally hundreds of creatures and haven't found a single egg. This event is evil ☚ī¸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 April 2022 at 6:12 AM

@aquafaba Only 3 of the 30 eggs I found were from feeding. It was only worth it to me to look there when the algorithm stopped propagating them elsewhere.

I'd say if a player is going to feed anyhow then it is worth it (But I have to feed on a tablet, and that's too small for me to see the eggs.

Female
61 posts

jilltheplatypus • 17 April 2022 at 6:28 AM

I'm fairly certain if you keep refreshing a page that an egg has appeared before you will eventually get all of them. I would highly recommend checking the thief shop I certainly have good luck with that.

Female
3,799 posts

sparklefox • 17 April 2022 at 9:54 AM

@lobstertheremin - They show up randomly. It's recommended that you to smaller pages with little amounts of text (the Thief Shop page, for example) as the eggs usually appear before or after text. They're very small so it might be hard to notice them at first (unless you're on a bad laptop like me, wherein you can see it pop in and/or move the text around).

If you keep your Egg Cave tab(s) completely idle and refresh it once every ~10 minutes (might have to wait longer for later eggs), there's a high chance (but not always guaranteed) that an egg will appear somewhere on that page. This 'strategy' usually helps me complete it within the first week.

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 17 April 2022 at 12:16 PM

I'm pretty sure eggs are on a timer. I would come back every few half hours and after a bit of clicking, I'm always guaranteed an egg. I suspect the timer gets longer the more eggs you collect.
dont bother refreshing pages, make sure to just alternate between Leila oasis, thief shop, donation center, etc. this is because if you are too trigger happy with the refreshing you might miss an egg and you can't go back.
pages like Leila oasis and thief's shop make it very easy to spot when theres an egg. it's very small but if you clicked off it, you can use your browser back button to collect it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 April 2022 at 3:15 PM

re timer:
I found my first 26 eggs in about 3 hours. (The first few I was finding at a rate of about 2-5 minutes.) I didn't start to notice a (sizable) delay until about my 22nd.
It took an hour and a half until I found the 27th. Then after that it was about a 5 - 15 minute delay. Didn't seem to propagate unless I waited either. (They seemed to have a quicker rate of showing up if I stopped searching for a few minutes.)
(Took me 5 hours and 14 minutes total to find them all.)

(I did not use the refresh method. about my 15th egg I tried it but decided it was too boring and wasn't producing fast enough results. ...but I understand not wanting to search all over a page. It's a good method for those that are busy (or other health ailments.) ...But I was dedicated this year to the idea of being in the first 10 to find all the eggs and I wanted to find them ASAP. And searching all over instead of on one page helped *me* find them faster.)

Here are my found timestamps if anyone is interested:
1) Just after midnight
2, 3, & 4) ? (Basically intervals at this stage was the time it took for me to record the time stamps, location of the find, find link, and what creature I found. Then just a few page clicks.)
5) 12:23
6) 12:24
7) 12:28
8) 12:32
9) 12:36
10) 12:44
11) 12:46
12) 12:53
13) 12:59
14) 1:08
15) 1:12
16) 1:21
17) 1:26
18) 1:15 (o.O? Probably 1:35)
19) 1:52
20) 2:01
21) 2:10
22) 2:15
23) 2:30
24) 2:39
25) 2:48
26) 2:53
27) 4:20
28) 4:34
29) 4:54
30) 5:14

@myriadium That's a really good reminder to people to not get too trigger happy that are refreshing ^^
(And being able to go back a page helped me a few times last year. - Another reason the refresh method isn't good for me. Slow brain, I can realize I seen one 5-15 seconds after leaving the page >.<) Waiting a couple minutes between refreshing, and alternating between a few pages is really good advice for people using that method! 😃

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 17 April 2022 at 3:27 PM

@snowywinter wow you're really going at it. you found so much so fast! good luck on getting the other ones, maybe you can get a release day cloudbun lol
I guess it doesn't seem like there's THAT much of a timer, seeing your collection times. maybe it is truly random. I guess we'll never know. although tbh my method of clicking around and giving up for a few more minutes works just fine for me.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 April 2022 at 3:51 PM

@myriadium ..."clicking around and giving up for a few more minutes works just fine for me."
That's essentially the same method I used (I was also playing another game at the same time and sometimes had to give my full attention to it for a few minutes at a time. lol.) ...but I click WAY around. (Like every conceivable nook and cranny on this site. I've found eggs in some very interesting places; and that makes it fun for me.
- and that's the main point of these games... no matter what method people use, it should be *fun* for them.)

Thank you for the well wishes... I actually got the very first Cloudbun. But I am shy and didn't want to draw much attention to myself (and am still mostly on hiatus and trying to avoid being social too much,) and didn't want to rub it in for those who haven't even found their first egg yet. (I still remember how frustrating it was last year on my first Egg Hunt.)
Wishing everyone lots of luck! (and trying to help them get theirs!)

Other
2 posts

softboibay • 22 April 2022 at 4:30 PM

I actually found one on this page, which is quite hilarious

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 25 April 2022 at 2:07 PM

@softboibay
Hee. 😃 The coincidences like that make it fun to me. During last year's Gobbler hunt I made a thread for it, and they kept showing up there and when I went to edit my posts in it.

141 posts

stormwarden • 25 April 2022 at 8:20 PM

not sure if anyone still needs tips/tricks, but what worked for me was actually clicking between two pages so that if i registered that an egg was on the screen as i clicked away, i could still use the back button to go retrieve it! i was clicking between my notifs and my messages since the two are close in proximity