Repurposing Town Hall

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What do you think about this suggestion?

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 11 July 2022 at 1:11 PM

Before, the Town Hall was used to rename your creatures. Now, though, you can just rename your creatures in the "Your Cove" tab. The only thing the Town Hall is used for currently is a guide on how to rename your creatures, which can also be found in the Player Guide.

So, instead of having the Town Hall merely taking up space, I wanted to suggest repurposing it!
Right now, there is no effective way to transfer Egg Coins to a friend, which is really odd when you see that it's pretty simple to transfer Cave Cash by means of Cave Cash vouchers. As of now, users are pricing items in their shops for x amount of Egg Coins, or making offers in the trades center for certain amounts of coins. If you think about it, it's a hassle if one or both users are offline at the time of the swap.

I could see the Town Hall being used for this purpose. First you would type in the quantity of Egg Coins you would like to transfer. Then, the username of the friend you would like to transfer Egg Coins too, or, you could select a friend from your friends list. This makes it really simple to transfer Egg Coins to a friends, or from main account to side account or vice versa.

Female
2,046 posts

cranberrycat1 • 11 July 2022 at 1:27 PM

Agrees, it would be really nice for the town hall to have a new purpose I personally don’t even visit it but if we could transfer ec more people would be visiting that place more often. I transfer ec from my side accounts a lot since most of my auctions happen from my side accounts it would be nice if their was an easier way since I use the trades. I don’t usually use the shop but it would be nice to have an official way to transfer the ec.

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 11 July 2022 at 1:34 PM

@twilightshine Wow, this is a very good idea! I love and fully support it. It would make transfering EC between main and side accounts a lot easier too! I do almost all trades on my side and having to trade with myself to get the EC to my main is a bit of a pain.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 11 July 2022 at 1:41 PM

I didn't even think about transferring EC from main accounts to side accounts! Adding that in 😊

Demifluid
1,459 posts

wonder404exe • 11 July 2022 at 4:07 PM

Oh shoot- I voted the wrong one-

Well, I actually thought of that the hall is basically useless and no one goes there anymore- but i have no ideas-

Now that's an easier way to give/transfer EC; No more shops & trades :0 that would be so nice I don't have to switch to my side and back to my main.

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 11 July 2022 at 9:26 PM

I think this is a very nice idea, repurposing an old area with currently no use into something that would also solve a problem in the site that lots of people have made forums asking for a change? im in

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 12 July 2022 at 12:19 AM

Although I like the idea of repurposing the City Hall into something relevant to the needs of players, I'm not sure having it become an EC exchange hub would make very much sense as we already have a bank. It would make more sense to add that as a feature of the strongroom than a feature of the City Hall.

I do think if the admin of Eggcave were to implement more user polls for species names, events, themes, etc. the City Hall would be a wonderful place for these polls to live. Imagine going to the City Hall to vote on things just like in real life! But that also banks heavily on the implementation of higher player choice in terms of what happens on the site.

I do 100% support a repurposing of the City Hall!

Female
2,806 posts

heatherm19 • 12 July 2022 at 1:40 AM

Omg yes so much yes YES PLEASE!!!! *ahem*
I was so confused when I realized you can just move ec between your own side accounts, going through all the trouble of putting something in your shop just so you can buy it yourself from your main account (for example) just seems so convoluted and unnecessary. It would be awesome to be able to transfer ec to friends too of course, but my biggest reason for support this is making it easier to transfer between your own accounts.

This would be a great repurpose of Town Hall I think, it's strange for the game to have a place that doesn't actually do anything at all. I realize it used to be for renaming, but now it just seems like a waste, it should definitely be utilized for *something*.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 1 August 2022 at 4:47 AM

You know what, I was thinking about that this morning when I saw I had an amount of EC on my side account that I wanted to transfer to my main. Beyond arranging a tedious trade between accounts, there really isn't a simple way to get it done.

The Town Hall could happily be repurposed for currency-based transactions, maybe even something to do with Ian's upcoming promise of achievements and a platform to earn CaveCash through these achievements.

Fingers crossed for this one!

Female
2,566 posts

jlya • 14 December 2022 at 3:29 PM

I so love this idea!! I've been thinking about suggesting a change in trading when it comes to EC, because it's a hassle that you HAVE to offer an item or creature with your EC. It seems like site-wide this is an inconvenience for users. It would be so much easier to transfer through the town hall, rather than having to create a trade and have them offer an item. Especially between side accounts and main.

Fully support this idea!!! ❤️

Female
2,357 posts

dragrawr • 15 December 2022 at 2:06 AM

@twilightshine WOOO I love this idea so much